Giro d'Italia 2006 Stage 11 TT (Spoiler)



P

petulance

Guest
* spoiler*







Der Kaiser is back!!!

Not a bad result for a rider without a lot of racing kms under his belt
this season. And he wasn't even trying hard until the last 10km ...

In yer face, Basso!

:)
 
A

Absent Husband

Guest
Well, maybe if Basso had been relaxing in the bunch for the first 10
stages, and not worrying about kicking butt on GC, he would have come
FIRST instead of SECOND (with daylight third) in the ITT.

Yes, encouraging result for Big Jan. But he won an ITT against people
who have been RACING for the past 10 stages, as opposed to himself, who
has been in a big bunch ride....

Cheers,
Abby (Go Basso!!)
 

adam85

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
486
0
0
petulance said:
* spoiler*







Der Kaiser is back!!!

Not a bad result for a rider without a lot of racing kms under his belt
this season. And he wasn't even trying hard until the last 10km ...

In yer face, Basso!

:)


not trying hard? oooo yes he was!! Once he got the first two good splits he wound it right up. I was up late watching part of it live - although the RAI pics were delayed so it was wierd watching that with eurosport live audio. And rooman where is the giro show where they parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*

The wind did change a bit later on, maybe that was part of the reason Michael Rogers didn't go so well or maybe some other problem. Amazing how much better Basso can TT now, very high cadence style like Lance. If it was a hilly TT like last year he would have won I reckon.

Adam

* for dutchy
 
P

petulance

Guest
Absent Husband wrote:
> Well, maybe if Basso had been relaxing in the bunch for the first 10
> stages, and not worrying about kicking butt on GC, he would have come
> FIRST instead of SECOND (with daylight third) in the ITT.


oh boo hoo hoo ... rain on my parade, will ya?

:p

>
> Yes, encouraging result for Big Jan. But he won an ITT against people
> who have been RACING for the past 10 stages, as opposed to himself, who
> has been in a big bunch ride....


considering he only started racing a few weeks ago and has just
recovered from a knee injury, he was never going to push himself in the
Giro. I still think this was a huge result for him under the
circumstances.



>
> Cheers,
> Abby (Go Basso!!)


Ah, the Basso tifosi are out in force now ...
 
P

petulance

Guest
adam85 wrote:
>
> not trying hard? oooo yes he was!!


that's not what the official report said ...

;)

> Once he got the first two good
> splits he wound it right up. I was up late watching part of it live -
> although the RAI pics were delayed so it was wierd watching that with
> eurosport live audio.


So were you getting the pictures from RAI on pay TV and the audio from
Eurosport via the Net?

> And rooman where is the giro show where they
> parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were
> talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*


You should ask for your money back!

>
> The wind did change a bit later on, maybe that was part of the reason
> Michael Rogers didn't go so well or maybe some other problem. Amazing
> how much better Basso can TT now, very high cadence style like Lance.


So Basso is trying to be like Lance, eh? All he needs to do now is to
play some mind games and get a rock star girlfriend ...
 

warrwych

New Member
Jun 7, 2004
1,009
0
0
adam85 said:
not trying hard? oooo yes he was!! Once he got the first two good splits he wound it right up. I was up late watching part of it live - although the RAI pics were delayed so it was wierd watching that with eurosport live audio. And rooman where is the giro show where they parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*

The wind did change a bit later on, maybe that was part of the reason Michael Rogers didn't go so well or maybe some other problem. Amazing how much better Basso can TT now, very high cadence style like Lance. If it was a hilly TT like last year he would have won I reckon.

Adam

* for dutchy

Rogers had a dental appointment the night before
 

rooman

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
1,167
0
0
adam85 said:
not trying hard? oooo....... up late watching part of it live - although the RAI pics were delayed ........ And rooman where is the giro show where they parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*

.....

Adam

* for dutchy
prezactly...RAI are letting the bwuddy team down...I got coverage on RAI just for the saucy display...instead I get cooking classes during the day on how to make gnocchi...(not nookie!!OK!!)....

yeah not a patch on last year , they had these very comedic warm up and post race sessions that were full of eye candy and saucey bits, and crappy humour of some fat guy slipping on his cleats off the bike after he had ponced it over the course on his Bianchi ( off course ), in a weird preview, and the weather cross was a twist, they got the Italian military to do the days forecast.... sadly this year all the police are dreary looking guys too, none of those superbly elegant big sunglass police ladies oft seen in the magazines ( no not those magazine!!)... you know, long flowing hair cascading out of their high peaked hat, prominent big gold badge, huge pouting lips and a very proud chest and well tailored skirt and high heels...bellissima (ah if our lady cops were like that I would have to do a lot of jaywalking.......)

but it is still hilarious how they manage to slip in to almost every commentary moment info about all the Ital riders who arent riding .....Petacchi, CipoWeenie, Il Pirato, and anyone else with gig sunnies and shiny hair doo...but yeah ...rats...very few babes in sight except the big eyed blonde podium girl who loves to rub the Pink jersey winner's belly as she does the lingering cheek kiss....hmmm (guys notice these things...jealous jealous....)
 
D

DeF

Guest
petulance wrote:
> * spoiler*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Der Kaiser is back!!!
>
> Not a bad result for a rider without a lot of racing kms under his belt
> this season. And he wasn't even trying hard until the last 10km ...
>
> In yer face, Basso!
>
> :)
>


Good to see some competition.

What's the story here? Looks like Pinotti has got a bit
of electrical assist happening on the front wheel...
http://tinyurl.com/fs2qv
Looks like the Avanti Electra.

DeF.

--
e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
 
R

Rhubarb

Guest
"adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> not trying hard? oooo yes he was!! Once he got the first two good
> splits he wound it right up. I was up late watching part of it live -
> although the RAI pics were delayed so it was wierd watching that with
> eurosport live audio. And rooman where is the giro show where they
> parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were
> talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*
>
> The wind did change a bit later on, maybe that was part of the reason
> Michael Rogers didn't go so well or maybe some other problem. Amazing
> how much better Basso can TT now, very high cadence style like Lance.
> If it was a hilly TT like last year he would have won I reckon.


I have RAI through Foxtel. I'm just wondering how you get the Eurosport
audio? Stream if of the net? From their website?
 

adam85

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
486
0
0
Rhubarb said:
"adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> not trying hard? oooo yes he was!! Once he got the first two good
> splits he wound it right up. I was up late watching part of it live -
> although the RAI pics were delayed so it was wierd watching that with
> eurosport live audio. And rooman where is the giro show where they
> parade out old italian riders and women in skimpy clothes you were
> talking about? I ain't seen none of that (hey)*
>
> The wind did change a bit later on, maybe that was part of the reason
> Michael Rogers didn't go so well or maybe some other problem. Amazing
> how much better Basso can TT now, very high cadence style like Lance.
> If it was a hilly TT like last year he would have won I reckon.


I have RAI through Foxtel. I'm just wondering how you get the Eurosport
audio? Stream if of the net? From their website?

Yep just go to eurosport.com select cycling and Live Audio...I think it's Sean Kelly and someother bloke.

Adam