Giro D'Italia 2008 : Stage 12 - May 22, 2008: Forlì > Carpi, 171 km:

Flat as flat can be, Cavendish to get it right and win here, Bennati second.

McEwen might be getting his legs back, he's targetting stages 12 and 13 then leaving, there's an interesting video interview of him here after the TT yesterday ... love the quote about "there are about 4 or 5 sprinters here and about 35 guys trying to sprint" (at least he isn't complaining like Mark Cavendish at Gent-Wevelgem "too dangerous, too dangerous").

confusedfan said:
McEwen might be getting his legs back, he's targetting stages 12 and 13 then leaving, there's an interesting video interview of him here after the TT yesterday ... love the quote about "there are about 4 or 5 sprinters here and about 35 guys trying to sprint" (at least he isn't complaining like Mark Cavendish at Gent-Wevelgem "too dangerous, too dangerous").
thanks Confused.

Has your confusion evaporated somewhat?

confusedfan said:
not sure :confused:, sometimes I'm confused by your posts still ;), does that count?
You're talking about thunderconfusion syndrome. That's almost endemic on this forum... :p

Thunder was talking about confusedfan syndrome... :D .

He is also showing that he suffers from Aussietakethepissoutofyourname syndrome. That is a very common affliction in Australia. It usually develops in kindergarten and is mostly chronic and incurable. It involves endlessly making wordplay jokes about your name as if it would be funny to you, especially if, in your name/forum handle, there is a hint of double entendre (though this is not necessary) ... :D

I am displaying another rarer affliction which is rabbleonaboutnothingtodowithcyclingtocoverupthefactyouknowscantaboutit syndrome.

Please empathize with my suffering and don't persecute me for my handicap... :eek: :p

Someone was telling me on a group ride this afternoon that there is a big race in Italy, of all places, at the moment.

It's all about Cavendish

He will make a double today and make a triple tomorrow and then try and see out the mountains!

Cavendish seems to be having a few problems getting through to the front of the peloton though, maybe Bennati will take it.

Maybe a good day for a sucessful breakaway and an underdog taking the stage.
Two hard stages looming for GC contenders.

Cavendish started a centimetre too late. Thought he's got it right position wise but Bennati was canny going into that left hander in the lead. Strange sprint.

I didn't see the finish but I heard that it was effectively a tie. Bennati himself thought maybe he was beaten. Is it possible that a photo finish can be inconclusive?
El Loto said:
Cavendish started a centimetre too late. Thought he's got it right position wise but Bennati was canny going into that left hander in the lead. Strange sprint.

It may be possible, I guess. But the fotofinish pic that I saw showed Bennati being clearly ahead. By about a couple of centimeters, but ahead.

The two riders were unsure of who won until the fotofinish analysis was announced.