Giro D'Italia 2008 : Stage 17 - May 28, 2008: Sondrio > Locarno, 192 km:

Bennati v Cavendish again? Team High Road must have been trying to take it easy in the mountains so maybe the Cavendish train will come out again? Last chance for the sprinters.

Last chance for the sprinters to take a win. I'm not sure how hard Liquigas will want to work given that they need to support Pellizotti and Nibali, so look to High road to do the lions share on the front along with Milram I think. Cavendish for the win, Bennati for second.

That finish was genius by High Road, Tony Martin leads through the last corner at 250 to go, drops off to let Greipel come through to lead out Cavendish. Cavendish waits and waits, so Bennati waits and waits, and Cavendish holds back until no one else has a hope of taking the win and Greipel powers for the win! Great teamwork, great tactics. I bet Bennati will be ****** given how he just got worked over.

Eldrack said:
Last chance for the sprinters to take a win. I'm not sure how hard Liquigas will want to work given that they need to support Pellizotti and Nibali, so look to High road to do the lions share on the front along with Milram I think. Cavendish for the win, Bennati for second.

Good call.

Cavendish has proven that he is the fastest sprinter in the peloton at the moment and to let Greipel take the win for the hard work Greipel did for Cav, is a great gesture.

Agree with you THR did a good job to secure the win today.