Giro D'Italia 2008 : Stage 19 - May 30th : Legnano => Presolana/Monte Pora, 228 km

I know all the contenders are going to be covered in any attacks... but I'm imagining some fireworks from The Killer.

Crankyfeet said:
I know all the contenders are going to be covered in any attacks... but I'm imagining some fireworks from The Killer.

I think you're right - I think DiLuca has to make a move today if he really has the maglia rosa as an objective.
A stage containing the Gavia and Mortirolo isn't the easiest place to try to go for a decisive move on GC (unless your a pure climber).

It should be interesting.

Perhaps Ricco could make his decisive move today???

limerickman said:
I think you're right - I think DiLuca has to make a move today if he really has the maglia rosa as an objective.
A stage containing the Gavia and Mortirolo isn't the easiest place to try to go for a decisive move on GC (unless your a pure climber).

It should be interesting.

Perhaps Ricco could make his decisive move today???
I think we can expect to see a battle between Ricco and Contador for the time bonus at the end of the stage. Contador has said as much in an interview I read earlier. DiLuca is still talking the fight and I agree, he'll go for it today and not wait until tomorrow. Simoni on the other hand will probably follow today and attack tomorrow.

Eurosport's coverage starts only at 4:00 pm due to the French open. I hope there will still be a lot of climbs left by the time they start their coverage.

Break has 21 minutes so Siutsou will take this stage unless one of the others in the breakaway suddenly discovers climbing legs.

I don't think any of todays climbs are hard enough for the GC candidates to push a significant advantage, or at least the only really hard climb is too far from the finish. Ricco will no doubt launch a few attacks, but he'll only be able to grab a few seconds on Contador at best.

Eldrack said:
Break has 21 minutes so Siutsou will take this stage unless one of the others in the breakaway suddenly discovers climbing legs.

I don't think any of todays climbs are hard enough for the GC candidates to push a significant advantage, or at least the only really hard climb is too far from the finish. Ricco will no doubt launch a few attacks, but he'll only be able to grab a few seconds on Contador at best.
The break favours Contador as it removes any chance of Ricco grabbing a time bonus.

Rolfrae said:
The break favours Contador as it removes any chance of Ricco grabbing a time bonus.

Just saw a snippet on Rai Sport.... its pissing down rain...... looks horrible out there. Contadork doesn't like the cold weather....... come on Ricco !

whiteboytrash said:
Just saw a snippet on Rai Sport.... its pissing down rain...... looks horrible out there. Contadork doesn't like the cold weather....... come on Ricco !
Lance didn't like hot weather but he destoryed his oponents anyway... good dope matters more...

whiteboytrash said:
Apparently he doesn't like hot weather at the moment though because of his 'allergies'. He's been quoted as saying that the bad weather is good for him at the moment.....

whiteboytrash said:
I saw a news report that a couple of Alpine tunnels linking Italy and France have been closed due to flooding and mud. North-east Italy seems to be somewhat hard hit by rains.

TheDarkLord said:
I saw a news report that a couple of Alpine tunnels linking Italy and France have been closed due to flooding and mud. North-east Italy seems to be somewhat hard hit by rains.

France/West Germany/Northern Italy are under a huge low pressure weather system at the moment.

Roalnd Garros has been interrupted throughout with rain.

TheDarkLord said:

Just saw some pictures on Rai and the roads are under water ! Fark ! Not sure what they are going to do........ although the weather does look to be clearing......

Eldrack said:
Apparently he doesn't like hot weather at the moment though because of his 'allergies'. He's been quoted as saying that the bad weather is good for him at the moment.....

Yes of course. The weather is also good for his fractured elbow...... what ever happened to that ??

Haha! Look at the JB spin - snagged from velonews coverage:

Johan Bruyneel talked to journalists about his phone call to Contador to interrupt his vacation 8 days before the Giro started when he told him he was heading to Italy.

"He was very mad and he said it was impossible. Nevertheless, there was no other option, his presence at the Giro was not negotiable. I spoke with him and we ended up agreeing that he had to go, at least, to the start and later we'd see what happened. Later I spoke with Zomegnan and I told him that Alberto would be in Palermo, but that I couldn't promise anything else. He understood that."

Boy, this dude is really earning his money as team director. :rolleyes: Or was Contadope in the middle of a doping experiment and was interrupted by the Giro announcement? But even that wouldn't hold water with the recent admission that they had known that they were going to the Giro for at least 1 month...

Fark ! DiLuca and Il Falco have attacked with Pellizotti on the decent...... they are flying...... good to see kloden and levi doing the chasing....... I think this is the softener.... make levi & kloden chase so there not around for when the real attacks come.....

whiteboytrash said:
Fark ! DiLuca and Il Falco have attacked with Pellizotti on the decent...... they are flying...... good to see kloden and levi doing the chasing....... I think this is the softener.... make levi & kloden chase so there not around for when the real attacks come.....
Farking great! Brilliant move by Salvodeli!

thoughtforfood said:
Farking great! Brilliant move by Salvodeli!
They have a minute already. Remeniscent of the Savo/Mazzoleni attack from last year.