Giro D'Italia 2008 : Stage 21 - June 1st : Cesano Maderno => Milano (ITT), 28.5 km

Bruseghin gets in at 34'18", and thus stays ahead of Pellizotti by just a couple of seconds!

Ricco must have speeded up a bit, as he came in just less than a minute after Bruseghin. So, he keeps his place.

And Contador keeps the pink jersey with an excellent TT (compared to the other GC riders). Well, no surprises there.

Brace yourselves for all the Kool-Aid drinking chest beaters to show up and boast about the fact that the rider with the best dope in professional cycling won his 2nd Grand Tour.

"Levi in the start house ! He looks doped."

Trash is awake - he looks doped.

Just stopped by to laugh at the loosers. That's five stage races for Astana already this year. It will probably be 2 Grand Tours. ROFL.

Hey Trash - your man Simoni sucked. I told you he wasn't getting on the podium.

hawkeye87 said:
Brace yourselves for all the Kool-Aid drinking chest beaters to show up and boast about the fact that the rider with the best dope in professional cycling won his 2nd Grand Tour.
Wow! The deluge started earlier than I thought. Very amusing.

"the fact that the rider with the best dope in professional cycling won his 2nd Grand Tour."

That's right. Go on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - looser.

A great win for Astana. Will Contador still go to the Vuelta? If he does he has a chance to make it two GT's in the same year.
But I have to say it doesn't look good for Astana regarding the support Contador would need. Maybe it was partly due to the late invite but still Klöden and Leipheimer couldn't really keep up when the top guys upped the pace. Compare that to the LPR team that was built around Di Luca.

tambourlain said:
What's a "looser", nitwit?

I thought that, perhaps, when you misspelled it the first time it was a typo. Obviously, it's a demonstration of your stupidity instead.

RdBiker said:
A great win for Astana. Will Contador still go to the Vuelta? If he does he has a chance to make it two GT's in the same year.
But I have to say it doesn't look good for Astana regarding the support Contador would need. Maybe it was partly due to the late invite but still Klöden and Leipheimer couldn't really keep up when the top guys upped the pace. Compare that to the LPR team that was built around Di Luca.
The only team to beat Astana was CSF in the overall. I thought the team was very strong. AC was only in slight trouble on Stage 19 but he didn't lose the pink jersey to his competitors. Was Astana actually to put 3 guys on the podium to please you, then? That would make their doping completely obvious.

RdBiker said:
disagree,

Brajkovic
Horner
Gusev
Colom

etc etc etc

tambourlain said:
"the fact that the rider with the best dope in professional cycling won his 2nd Grand Tour."

Makes me feel better.

hawkeye87 said:
What's a "looser", nitwit?

I thought that, perhaps, when you misspelled it the first time it was a typo. Obviously, it's a demonstration of your stupidity instead.
or his mangIna is looser and looser. :D

RdBiker said:

AC will contest La Vuelta and is likely to win it. He is marginally better than his closest rivals and will be fresh compared to those that ride the Tour.

It's amusing how many on here who hated Armstrong now hate AC with the same intensity, why? Surely it can't all be about Bruyneel?

I imagine during the last decade the majority of his current detractors have supported, at one time or another, Pantani, Ullrich, Vinokourov, Basso, Hamilton, Landis or any other rider who looked capable of beating Armstrong in any stage of the Tour. All, of course, now known to have doped. Armstrong destroyed these riders at their best. If he doped, then he doped alngside the rest of his competition. Boring argument and I appreciate it has been done to death.

AC is no Armstrong. Armstrong would have blitzed that time trial today and overtaken Ricco for good measure. He would also have won a mountain stage or two to impose his authority - he was not an automaton, he got angry plenty of times and that anger drove him to some of his most memorable stage wins.

AC, on the other hand, was digging deep just to hang in there and could have lost it with a twist of fate here or there - that's sport. He is not massively better than the rest, but he is better, for now anyway. He still has some way to go before we can assume he will dominate the Grand Tours for years to come. If he does, then good for him; if he doesn't I doubt you will here him whining that the world was out to get him (unlike Ricco).

Other than that, why get personal? He seems a decent enough guy who happens to be one of the best cyclists in the world. He'll lose plenty of races in his career by being out-fought and out-thought and he'll win plenty too by being the best on the day.

Is that too rational for some? Does there have to be conspiracies and voodoo-mumblings all along the way to explain the success of one rider over another? Cycling is a dirty business, always has been. If you enjoy watching it and reading about it then live with the fact that whoever wins is not likely to be any more guilty of any wrong doing than whoever you are cheering on.

Congratulations to AC for a worthy win, commiserations to the runners up and well done to all for making it such a great competition.

Denia said:
AC will contest La Vuelta and is likely to win it. He is marginally better than his closest rivals and will be fresh compared to those that ride the Tour.

It's amusing how many on here who hated Armstrong now hate AC with the same intensity, why? Surely it can't all be about Bruyneel?

I imagine during the last decade the majority of his current detractors have supported, at one time or another, Pantani, Ullrich, Vinokourov, Basso, Hamilton, Landis or any other rider who looked capable of beating Armstrong in any stage of the Tour. All, of course, now known to have doped. Armstrong destroyed these riders at their best. If he doped, then he doped alngside the rest of his competition. Boring argument and I appreciate it has been done to death.

AC is no Armstrong. Armstrong would have blitzed that time trial today and overtaken Ricco for good measure. He would also have won a mountain stage or two to impose his authority - he was not an automaton, he got angry plenty of times and that anger drove him to some of his most memorable stage wins.

AC, on the other hand, was digging deep just to hang in there and could have lost it with a twist of fate here or there - that's sport. He is not massively better than the rest, but he is better, for now anyway. He still has some way to go before we can assume he will dominate the Grand Tours for years to come. If he does, then good for him; if he doesn't I doubt you will here him whining that the world was out to get him (unlike Ricco).

Other than that, why get personal? He seems a decent enough guy who happens to be one of the best cyclists in the world. He'll lose plenty of races in his career by being out-fought and out-thought and he'll win plenty too by being the best on the day.

Is that too rational for some? Does there have to be conspiracies and voodoo-mumblings all along the way to explain the success of one rider over another? Cycling is a dirty business, always has been. If you enjoy watching it and reading about it then live with the fact that whoever wins is not likely to be any more guilty of any wrong doing than whoever you are cheering on.

Congratulations to AC for a worthy win, commiserations to the runners up and well done to all for making it such a great competition.
Doping apologists are better suited for www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/

And yes, it does have to do with The Hog and the 7 scams he helped perpitrate. Contadope did win, and he won in front of other dopers. Now, go live in the wonderland in which your heroes are clean, and Astana is America's Team, there is nothing more to see here.

Contador is seen as a liar since Puerto, and the fact to have been protected by spanish authority don't help his case.
When you can avoid a punishment, you have to do your better to be forgotten... to whine to be at TDF is stupid when you won the precedent clearly doped!
When guys have so asshole behaviour, they can only win the respect of poor people.

Congratulations to Alberto Contador Velasco! The pride and class of cycling today. A great win by a superior athlete and competitor.

It's a shame that pathetic losers here must denigrate him with their petty accusations but that's the world in the 21st century. I would love to see what your lives are like. Your homes, your wives/girlfriends, your alleged jobs, the bitterness that must surround your everyday existence. How you go on day after day in abject negativity. Sad really!

I work in Hollywood and get to work with tons of successful people in entertainment and sports. I have met Lance Armstrong and he's a great guy, very personable. It's comical how success and successful people threaten you pathetic losers here. Again, I pity you and your dark meager lives.

The best thing you people can do is to read some biographies of successful people but hold down your petty jealousies, you'll learn a lot. Your lives need not be so meaningless and sad. Get up, get out, and get ahead. And please stop beating yourselves up, cheer for winners. It's okay to be successful, it's okay to be a winner!

Congrats again to Alberto Contador Velasco. Great job, great win, and truly a class act! :D