Giro d'Italia and the ESP commentators

Philip TAYLOR

Guest
Unlike some contributors, I realy enjoy Messrs Duffield, Smith
and Kelly [1] (and the new-to-me chap who was once an archaeologist,
but I don't yet know his name), but during today's stage 18
Sean Kelly came out with an absolute classic : his exact words,
transcribed from a recording :

"If it's dry, it's better for the riders, because
you don't get wet... "

!!!

** Phil.

[1] Which is not to say that I didn't enjoy Phil Liggett when he
used to cover the TdF on Channel 4 : I still miss their
/Frere Jacques/ theme tune, which was /so/ evocative of
the Tour ...

That would be David Harmon

DG

news:[email protected]...