Giro d'Italia, stage 18 : does anyone have a recording

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Philip Taylor -, May 30, 2003.

  1. Hi ... Having successfully watched/recorded all stages up to 17 in the Giro, I was frustrated
    yesterday to discover that my (very elderly) father had managed to push buttons at random on both
    the satellite receiver and video recorder, and I was left with only the first 30 mins of the
    Eurosport transmission. If anyone else was recording the Giro, and still has stage 18 available, I
    would be very grateful if I could borrow the tape. I can read Pal/NTSC/SECAM/MESECAM in both VHS and
    S-VHS formats, (or DVD-R/-RW, for that matter) so any recording at all would be much appreciated. I
    would be more than happy to cover all postage and packaging costs.

    Philip Taylor (who sincerely hopes his father won't manage to get through the newly erected barriers
    to the controls before the race ends!).

    Tags:

  2. Terry

    Terry Guest

    I would have taped it (usually do) but forgot as I was waiting for the bloody tennis to finish.
    Don't suppose anyone knows the frequency of Eurosport International as opposed to British Eurosport?

    --
    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi ... Having successfully watched/recorded all stages up to 17 in the Giro, I was frustrated
    > yesterday to discover that my (very elderly) father had managed to push buttons at random on both
    > the satellite receiver and video recorder, and I was left with only the first 30 mins of the
    > Eurosport transmission. If anyone else was recording the Giro, and still has stage 18 available, I
    > would be very grateful if I could borrow the tape. I can read Pal/NTSC/SECAM/MESECAM in both VHS
    > and S-VHS formats, (or DVD-R/-RW, for that matter) so any recording at all would be much
    > appreciated. I would be more than happy to cover all postage and packaging costs.
    >
    > Philip Taylor (who sincerely hopes his father won't manage to get through the newly erected
    > barriers to the controls before the race ends!).

  3. Yes, that's the one I record (I record digital video with analog soundtrack, so as to get Duffer's
    voice and a decent picture!). Both are on 19.2E, and ES digital (from today's Satcodx) is

    11954/H/27500

    ** Phil
    --------
    Terry wrote:

    > I would have taped it (usually do) but forgot as I was waiting for the bloody tennis to finish.
    > Don't suppose anyone knows the frequency of Eurosport International as opposed to British
    > Eurosport?
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Many thanks, twice over mate, just received an email from Just giving, thank you!!!

    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, that's the one I record (I record digital video with analog soundtrack, so as to get Duffer's
    > voice and a decent picture!). Both are on 19.2E, and ES digital (from today's Satcodx) is
    >
    > 11954/H/27500
    >
    > ** Phil
    > --------
    > Terry wrote:
    > >
    > > I would have taped it (usually do) but forgot as I was waiting for the bloody tennis to finish.
    > > Don't suppose anyone knows the frequency of Eurosport International as opposed to British
    > > Eurosport?
    > >
    > > --
    > > ---
    > > Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

  5. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Bum, my system doesn't have it listed under that frequency. :-( Bloody tennis!!!

    ---

  6. Terry wrote:

    > Bum, my system doesn't have it listed under that frequency. :-( Bloody tennis!!!

    Can you not add it by hand ? I think it's possible even on Sky boxen, and it certainly is on any
    general-purpose satellite receiver.

    ** Phil.

  7. Terry

    Terry Guest

    I tried, I manually tuned it but it isn't listed on my system! Loads of other channels appeared, not
    Eurosport though!!!

    --
    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Terry wrote:
    > >
    > > Bum, my system doesn't have it listed under that frequency. :-( Bloody tennis!!!
    >
    > Can you not add it by hand ? I think it's possible even on Sky boxen, and it certainly is on any
    > general-purpose satellite receiver.
    >
    > ** Phil.

  8. OK, I'll check the settings on my Manhattan when I get home and mail them; I know they work!

    ** Phil.
    --------
    Terry wrote:

    > I tried, I manually tuned it but it isn't listed on my system! Loads of other channels appeared,
    > not Eurosport though!!!
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour
    >
    > L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    > http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm
    >
    > "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Terry wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Bum, my system doesn't have it listed under that frequency. :-( Bloody tennis!!!
    > >
    > > Can you not add it by hand ? I think it's possible even on Sky boxen, and it certainly is on any
    > > general-purpose satellite receiver.
    > >
    > > ** Phil.

  9. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Cheers mate, I'm using Sky Digital if that makes any difference?

    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OK, I'll check the settings on my Manhattan when I get home and mail them; I know they work!
    >
    > ** Phil.
    > --------
    > Terry wrote:
    > >
    > > I tried, I manually tuned it but it isn't listed on my system! Loads of other channels appeared,
    > > not Eurosport though!!!
    > >
    > > --
    > > ---
    > > Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour
    > >
    > > L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    > > http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm
    > >
    > > "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    Bloody

    > > > Can you not add it by hand ? I think it's possible even on Sky boxen, and it certainly is on
    > > > any general-purpose satellite receiver.
    > > >
    > > > ** Phil.

  10. Ah, then you're pointing at 28,2/28,5E rather than 19,2E; that would explain everything... Best to
    add another dish and a cheapo FTA receiver, with the new dish pointing at 19,2E; you can even use a
    monobloc LNBF and get 19,2E (Astra) and 13E (Hotbird) from a single dish.

    ** Phil (wondering whether this should move to alt.tv.satellite.europe!!!).
    --------
    Terry wrote:

    > Cheers mate, I'm using Sky Digital if that makes any difference?

  11. Terry

    Terry Guest

    That sort of makes sense!!!!

    No can do (bugger) I live in a new purpose built development, it took two years (and tons of admin)
    for them to allow us to install communal dishes as it is (it's on our deeds - no dishes!!!)

    Back to the sodding tennis then! £%&$%$

    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ah, then you're pointing at 28,2/28,5E rather than 19,2E; that would explain everything... Best to
    > add another dish and a cheapo FTA receiver, with the new dish pointing at 19,2E; you can even use
    > a monobloc LNBF and get 19,2E (Astra) and 13E (Hotbird) from a single dish.
    >
    > ** Phil (wondering whether this should move to
    alt.tv.satellite.europe!!!).
    > --------
    > Terry wrote:
    > >
    > > Cheers mate, I'm using Sky Digital if that makes any difference?

  12. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi ... Having successfully watched/recorded all stages up to 17 in the Giro, I was frustrated
    > yesterday to discover that my (very elderly) father had managed to push buttons at random on both
    > the satellite receiver and video recorder, and I was left with only the first 30 mins of the
    > Eurosport transmission. If anyone else was recording the Giro, and still has stage 18 available, I
    > would be very grateful if I could borrow the tape. I can read Pal/NTSC/SECAM/MESECAM in both VHS
    > and S-VHS formats, (or DVD-R/-RW, for that matter) so any recording at all would be much
    > appreciated. I would be more than happy to cover all postage and packaging costs.
    >
    > Philip Taylor (who sincerely hopes his father won't manage to get through the newly erected
    > barriers to the controls before the race ends!).

    I have about 10 minutes of my (late) son Sky-hopping then the recorder was switched off about 10
    minutes before the race eventually started.

    Anyone near Chichester....? Russell (remove the Italian food to reply)