Giro on the Web

noonievut

Jul 5, 2004
Last year I was able to catch some of the Giro on a web site (RAI..something). If anyone knows how to catch the Giro this year via the web, please share. :)

noonievut said:
Last year I was able to catch some of the Giro on a web site (RAI..something). If anyone knows how to catch the Giro this year via the web, please share. :)
OLN television has been advertising a webcast of the Giro for weeks. Their website links to the following as a Giro "streaming video archive", whatever that means:

http://www.mediazone.com/mediazone/initBody.do

I can't find anything listing the Giro on that site yet, but I'm guessing it will show up once the event is imminent.

the OLN coverage will be on cycling.tv

you have to buy a ticket for the month to get the OLN channel that has the Giro. I costs 20 english pounds or however you saythat. It's about 35 bucks for me. I plan to buy it. cycling.tv is great.

barnstorm said:
the OLN coverage will be on cycling.tv

you have to buy a ticket for the month to get the OLN channel that has the Giro. I costs 20 english pounds or however you saythat. It's about 35 bucks for me. I plan to buy it. cycling.tv is great.

Thanks. A couple of questions about this:

- can you buy the ticket just for May (no other charges)?
- is it both live and taped coverage

noonievut said:
Thanks. A couple of questions about this:

- can you buy the ticket just for May (no other charges)?
- is it both live and taped coverage
yes, the ticket for may, though, is the same price as a subscription to the premium channel of cycling.tv for a year. still worth it for a whole grand tour that I would not otherwise see. Last year there was cheesy streaming video for $5 for the whole Giro but it had no commentary and was low quality. This will have commentary

I assume they will leave the stages up on their site in the archive to watch later. The only issue is that it is a bit later in the day or the next day when they get the days stage into archives so if you miss it, the next stage might be going before you get a chance to watch.

http://www.olntv.com/cyclysm/

it's $19.99 american. unfortunitly oln/cycling.tv is only broadcasting it to the US. It has english commentary. Ligget did an advert but no specific word on who the the comentators will be.

RAI is also broadcasting it, perhaps your cable company carrys the RAI channel & you can add it. I know adelphia does, I think Cox does also.
But the commentary is in Italian---My TiVo will be gettin a work out:D

I was also listening to eurosport & heard an advert saying they would be broadcasting it. However it's just sound & I don't think they'll be doing the entire stage just the last few km's.