Giro on TLN?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Db, May 9, 2003.

  1. Db

    Db Guest

    Hello, Does anyone know if Telelatino (in montreal) will be showing the Giro this year? In the past
    they supposedly showed every stage and i was hoping they were doing the same this year too. I
    checked the schedule on their website but no Giro :-( I'm hoping someone here would know for sure.
    Since it seems that oln canada seems to be ignoring all cycling except the tour de france, TLN would
    be the only chance. Thanks Darius

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "db" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello, Does anyone know if Telelatino (in montreal) will be showing the Giro this year? In the
    > past they supposedly showed every stage and i was hoping they were doing the same this year too. I
    > checked the schedule on their website but no Giro :-( I'm hoping someone here would know for sure.
    > Since it seems that oln canada seems to be ignoring all cycling except the tour de france, TLN
    > would be the only chance. Thanks Darius

    Gee, I hope so! I noticed they showed MSR, but a couple of weeks later.

  3. Db

    Db Guest

    Funny story about MSR. I had kind of been looking out for MSR on TLN on the days following the
    actual race. Then a couple of saturdays later i was running out the door late for a hockey game and
    for some reason i decided to check one last time... and sure enough there they were- the peleton
    about to climb the Cipressa :) Talk about lucky (even had a tape in the vcr just in case)! I guess
    you folks over in the US and Europe are laughing at the lengths us poor b*st*rds in Canada have to
    take to get some cycling on tv. Anyway Marlene, i'll keep checking TLN (using my new-found phychic
    ability) and post a message here if i find anything. Darius

    news:[email protected]...

  4. In article <[email protected]>, "db" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Funny story about MSR. I had kind of been looking out for MSR on TLN on the days following the
    > actual race. Then a couple of saturdays later i was running out the door late for a hockey game
    > and for some reason i decided to check one last time... and sure enough there they were- the
    > peleton about to climb the Cipressa :) Talk about lucky (even had a tape in the vcr just in
    > case)! I guess you folks over in the US and Europe are laughing at the lengths us poor b*st*rds in
    > Canada have to take to get some cycling on tv. Anyway Marlene, i'll keep checking TLN (using my
    > new-found phychic ability) and post a message here if i find anything. Darius
    >
    > "Marlene Blanshay

    Same thing, I accidentally turned on TLN, which I don't really watch, and caught the last 15 minutes
    of MSR. Of course, had I known it was on I'd have taped it, but neither tv guide or the local paper
    has listings for TLN, the idiots. It really is pathetic the lengths we have to go to.

    Good news, though. I saw the for TLN, and on sunday PM at 4:30, there is about an hour or 90
    minutes of "Giro D'italia", even though it starts on saturday. It may be a highlight show, better
    than nothing!

    Canadian viewers take note!

  5. Db

    Db Guest

    > Same thing, I accidentally turned on TLN, which I don't really watch, and caught the last 15
    > minutes of MSR. Of course, had I known it was on I'd have taped it, but neither tv guide or the
    > local paper has listings for TLN, the idiots. It really is pathetic the lengths we have to go to.

    Can i start my anti-tsn/rds rant again? ;-) At least TLN showed the race (i assume they just used it
    as filler- but not bad for 90 mins of filler). I don't think tsn or rds even mentioned the race (or
    any cycling apart for the tour de france) although SRC always mentions cycling in their sports
    highlite show.

    > Good news, though. I saw the for TLN, and on sunday PM at 4:30, there is about an hour or 90
    > minutes of "Giro D'italia", even though it starts on saturday. It may be a highlight show, better
    > than nothing!

    Woohoo, thanks :) I just checked the illico giude and at 4:30pm there's a 1 hour show called
    'Raconti di Vitta' but from 11am-1pm there is a 'special presentation' (no summary of what the
    presentation is and why it's so special). Guess i'll check in at 11 and 4:30 tomorrow just to be
    safe. Thanks again for the info. Darius

  6. Chris II

    Chris II Guest

    Which time zone?

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "db" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Well this may be clearer than my previous post. Giro on TLN:
    >
    > May 13: 12:00AM May 14: 12:00AM May 15: 12:00AM May 16: 12:00AM May 17: 12:00AM May 20: 12:00AM
    > May 21: 12:00AM May 22: 12:00AM

    our live again
    > > like last year). It seems that TLN is showing the Giro (except on weekends) at 12am. The first
    > > show is on mon night/tues morning at 12am till sat morning 12am and then resumes again the
    > > following tues morning 12am. I got this info from:

    Getouda here! Every night at midnight????

    I haven't seen the new schedule yet, they don't post it until monday and no one has the listings
    around here. Thanks! I'll have the VCR handy.

  8. Db

    Db Guest

    Hmmm that would help. These are all eastern times.

    "chris II" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Which time zone?
    >
    > "db" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Well this may be clearer than my previous post. Giro on TLN:
    > >
    > > May 13: 12:00AM May 14: 12:00AM May 15: 12:00AM May 16: 12:00AM May 17: 12:00AM May 20: 12:00AM
    > > May 21: 12:00AM May 22: 12:00AM

  9. Chris II

    Chris II Guest

    ok thanks dude so they should be 10pm for me.

    That means Can still watch daily show at midnight.

    "db" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hmmm that would help. These are all eastern times.
    >
    > "chris II" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Which time zone?
    >>
    >> "db" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > Well this may be clearer than my previous post. Giro on TLN:
    >> >
    >> > May 13: 12:00AM May 14: 12:00AM May 15: 12:00AM May 16: 12:00AM May 17: 12:00AM May 20: 12:00AM
    >> > May 21: 12:00AM May 22: 12:00AM

  10. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Marlene Blanshay wrote:

    > What about the weekend stages? I wonder if they are going to show them beginning on monday night
    > or just skip right over to monday's stage. I hate to miss the weekends.
    >
    > Well, an hour of giro a night is great, and even OLN canada will show the Tour live. As for the
    > vuelta,well, I guess it'll be back to live audio feed.

    They're skipping today's stage (pity), but tomorrow's will go at at 4:30 eastern time.

    http://www.tlntv.com/main/shows/schedule.htm#sun

    We'll have another chance to see Cipo sit up!

  11. In article <[email protected]>, "Kyle Legate"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > >
    > > What about the weekend stages? I wonder if they are going to show them beginning on monday night
    > > or just skip right over to monday's stage. I hate to miss the weekends.
    > >
    > > Well, an hour of giro a night is great, and even OLN canada will show the Tour live. As for the
    > > vuelta,well, I guess it'll be back to live audio feed.
    > >
    > They're skipping today's stage (pity), but tomorrow's will go at at 4:30 eastern time.
    >
    > http://www.tlntv.com/main/shows/schedule.htm#sun
    >
    > We'll have another chance to see Cipo sit up!

    RIght, I remember last sunday was the same thing. Too bad about missing saturday's stage, I would
    love to see garzelli's win.