Giro on US Satellite TV other than OLN

Rick Ankrum

Guest
Is there a way to get the Giro on Dish network?

Rick Ankrum wrote:
> Is there a way to get the Giro on Dish network?

> News==----
> Newsgroups

Last year someone posted a link to the giro live on the net... i
watched it a lot, except that the coverage is italian language. But who
cares!

No. DISH yanked OLN last fall after a dispute about it being in their
most expensive package. You could do what I did . . . switch to
Directv. (They have deals for a free DVR, after rebate.)

[email protected] writes:

> No. DISH yanked OLN last fall after a dispute about it being in their
> most expensive package. You could do what I did . . . switch to
> Directv. (They have deals for a free DVR, after rebate.)

The Canadian OLN version was better than nothing, but at best a poor
incarnation of its US cousin.

Like if there is a Tractor Pull or a Mud Wrestling contest or other
Programme that might appeal to the Masses in a country where *22% of
the population are not functionally literate in either official
language, then cycling gets bounced.

It's just plain old economics. Don't ever think OLN gives a **** about
anything but making money. The shareholders would oust the Board
of Directors PDQ if they did. If Cycling happens to pull in the
punters then they run Cycling. If Womens Mud Wrestling pulls in the
punters then they run Mud Wrestling. Simple right?

But having got that off my chest, does anyone know if the early April
Classics will be carried by any station/network in Canada since I have
to be there for a week or so?

[* cf US functionally illiterate rate of 3% ]

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
New Orleans Redux

You could subscribe to the Italian network RAI on Dish. I did this last
year for about a 3 month to get the Classics and the Giro.

Ken

"Rick Ankrum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is there a way to get the Giro on Dish network?

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Definitely sign up for RAI - no commercials! Screaming Italians, great
fun....but I haven't seen the Classics listed for the US feed.....

ktp

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...