Giro picks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], May 5, 2006.

  1. In the Giro d'Iran:
    B. Kristol will begin the race declaring he is "super motivated."
    D. Rumsfeld will be strong in the opening week, but be undone
    by his insistence on starting the race with only three racers
    on his team and not carrying any spare wheels in the team car.
    M. Ahmedinejad will be sanctioned by the comissaires
    every day for illegal equipment, but just use this to whip
    up his loyal tifosi.
    In the end, nobody will win.

    In the other race in Italy, I'll go not very far out on a limb
    and pick Basso. The mountains look very hard; but some
    of the climbers like Simoni and Cunego might lose a chunk
    of time in the TTT. I wonder who will end up in the points
    jersey, since many of the big name sprinters are likely
    to pull out. It could be a second tier sprinter, or maybe
    Cunego if he wins some stages that end in a small
    group of leaders.

    Tags:

  2. On 5 May 2006 22:56:46 -0700, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In the Giro d'Iran:
    >D. Rumsfeld will be strong in the opening week, but be undone
    > by his insistence on starting the race with only three racers
    > on his team and not carrying any spare wheels in the team car.

    "You start the race with the team you have."

    [On rumours of aiming for a GC win without a good climber/time
    triallist] "Heavens to betsy no"

    [on the Tifosi's expectations] "It makes it complicated. Sometimes, it
    makes it difficult. That's life."

    JT

    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com