Giro Pneumo Road Helmet

Larry

Guest
Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
purchase them.

Larry wrote:

>Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
>Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
>are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
>purchase them.

Bell now owns Giro. Bell has always been willing to send an owner pads
for a helmet. That said, the last time I asked, I got pads there were
NOT for the model helmet I mentioned in my contact (which I think was by
e-mail). The helmet in question was about 3 - 4 years old, and the pads
I received were for a different model, probably more recent.

You should go to www.bellbikehelmets.com, select your world region, and
then click on "Customer Care", which will give you an e-mail address. I
would provide my name, mailing address, and the helmet model, and ask
for replacement pads. I expect they'll send you something right away,
as happened for me.

"Larry" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
>Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
>are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
>purchase them.

Talkin' 'bout this?: http://snipurl.com/hfsr

Don't know this company, but . . . there you go.

Larry wrote:
> Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
> Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
> are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
> purchase them.

email giro and they will send you some gratis.......if you are nice to
them www.giro.com

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:20:23 -0400, "Larry"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
>Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
>are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
>purchase them.

Dear Larry,

If you can't find pre-cut sticky foam pads for bicycle
helmets, you can always buy a roll of foam tape at Home
Depot or another hardware store and trim it to fit:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...ID=ccchaddfilfghhicgelceffdfgidgkk.0&MID=9876

They have other colors, though it doesn't matter inside a
helmet.

Carl Fogel

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:53:04 GMT, Neil Brooks <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Larry" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get the pads used inside the Giro
>>Pneumo Road Helmet ? My helmet is 3 years old and perfect except the pads
>>are coming apart. If you can get them could you recommend a place to
>>purchase them.

>Talkin' 'bout this?: http://snipurl.com/hfsr
>
>Don't know this company, but . . . there you go.

No need to buy, Giro will send you a set, at no charge.

I was looking for pads for my Eclipse and mentioned that I owned a
Pneumo, and a Stelvio. They sent me exact pads for the Eclipse and
Pneumo, with a set of universal pads for the Stelvio.

Life is Good!
Jeff