Giro Pnuemo vs Monza

Rocket69

Dec 23, 2003
Hi, I am in the market for a new helmet. Just wanted some feedback on the following helmets I am interested in. My choice is between the Giro Pneumo or the Giro Monza... Is there a big difference between the Loc Roc4 and the Loc Roc3?

Thanks
Rocket 69

All I can tell you is I have a Monza and I like it. It's light, fits me well, feels secure (I like the RocLoc system, but couldn't tell you the difference between the different versions) and looks as good as a helmet can (although the large is quite LARGE). I can't attest to how good it is at keeping your head cool seeing as I've not worn it in temperatures above 10 degrees yet :D
The Pneumo costs a good bit more right? What are you getting for the extra cash?

I bought a Monza this year, I also have an Eclipse that's about 4 years old. The Eclipse is cheaper and seems to be exactly as good as the Monza in both function and style. Spend the money you save by not getting the Pneumo on better shoes.

I have a 05' Giro Pneumo, the mos representative thing that I can say is that several times I have had to check if the helmet it´s on my head, I can't feel it.

Thanks for the feedback... I think I will go with the Monza... it is actually lighter than the Pnuemo! :cool:

Rocket