Giro poll

Cobblestones

Jul 2, 2007
Who wins it?
(List from oddschecker.com)

ETA: Apparently you can get 1000:1 odds on D. Rebellin which is only slightly better than 300:1 on Tommy D.

taking a bit of a medium shot on the odds by going with simoni. wondering what the bookies know putting menchov on the board at the same odds as armstrong.

Mark cavendish 5/1 ???

British odds, right ???

Leipheimer 28 / 1 ??? I buy 20 quid, and cover my ass on betfair !

Eldrack said:
I think someone was seriously baked when they made up these odds.
Seriously baked, indeed :D. I agree. 28-1 for Levi? The embryo on the Johan Plan is going to win--unless the Italian teams form some sort of alliance to dislodge him, but given how much thay all mistrust each other that seems unlikely.

LL for the Giro win. I tip Levi Leipheimer to continue his natural progression as he matures. I reckon he will hit his peak at about 43yo, which of course it totally normal.

classic1 said:
LL for the Giro win. I tip Levi Leipheimer to continue his natural progression as he matures. I reckon he will hit his peak at about 43yo, which of course it totally normal.
Yes, it's because Johan and Lance are great motivators that he has come on so much. :rolleyes:

Eldrack said:
I think someone was seriously baked when they made up these odds.

As I said, I took them from oddschecker (option best odds). Which means they're not the odds from one single gambling outfit. Most places have LL at much much lower odds.

Actually, today, the best I can see for LL is a 9:2.

**** I should have waited to make the poll until today. Things look so much saner. For instance, Cav is gone from the list.

Good thing no one voted for Pfannberger

ETA: and Cav would be a good pick for the GC when they start giving 20 min time bonuses for winning a flat stage.

I know I'm showing off here again, but I remember I put 50 pounds on Armstrong to win the tour in 1999 at 40 / 1 on Gera, a German betting site. My hint came from Armstrong's behaviour at the Amstel Gold (he won, or came second?). Thank God, Gera didn't come back to me to recover the winnings after LA's 6 positives :eek:)

It was the famous "Tour du renouveau" (what a joke, actually, thinking back), and there was not one single clear favourite.

Adamastor

I was just about to vote thinking that's a strange poll 3/4 of the way through and many well out of contention, then saw the date. ooopss :rolleyes: :p

Cobblestones said:
Who wins it?
(List from oddschecker.com)

ETA: Apparently you can get 1000:1 odds on D. Rebellin which is only slightly better than 300:1 on Tommy D.
eddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd