GIRO / riders power on climb

poulidor said:
Poopidor, thanks for the link, but no one can read this ****. This is not a .fr website. Stupide baisent! All I can tell is that Armstrong put out huge watts as always.

BTW, if not for the USA, that link you posted would have been in German!

No_Positives said:
Poopidor, thanks for the link, but no one can read this ****. This is not a .fr website. Stupide baisent! All I can tell is that Armstrong put out huge watts as always.

Even if it's an english website there is here well educated and intelligent people who are able to understand other languages.
Of course that cannot be the case of Lance's fans who just have a chicken brain. to support him.

No_Positives said:
... no one can read this ****.
Au contraire ... as you Obamunists would say:

Si se puede!

No_Positives said:
Wow, THAT's certainly an UGLY AMERICAN attitude ...

Wo ist die Bibliothek?

No_Positives said:

You definitely make me laugh...are you truly American, or what planet do you come from? If only American sites interest you, why do you even watch European cycling?

A little bit of courtesy would do you good. :)

i can read it. and it doesn't require any knowledge of french to look at the tables and see that armstrong put out fewer watts than most of the other names. is that why you are so sad and pathetic, nothing_positive?

as an american, i'd like to distance myself from douchebags like np. i have seen many memorials thanking allied assistance in france. i don't many memorials thanking french aid during our revolution. if not for the french, we might be drinking tea and bowing to the queen.

No_Positives said:

Thanks for the link. Not sure why some people find it so difficult to, if nothing else, look at the numbers in the tables but there you go.:)

How comparable are the Giro and Tour figures? From what i can see most of the Giro climbs this year have been shorter than the Tour climbs so you would expect average power to be higher?

Very interesting numbers. I really dont know how believable they are though. Not the numbers themselves but the condition of those who produced them.
Ofcourse the climbs so far have been short, it would be very interesting to see a study of the stages to come, like today's stage and the stage to Vesuvio. Armstrong is way off his best... About 25% down I'd say... The man who, reportedly, was able to hold ca 500Watts for an hour is at low 400s high 300s... At least he is believable though... And thats definitely an improvement

In the pre-EPO/Hgh era the super climbers like Delgado, Fignon, Lemond were all putting out around 390 watts. These figures are currently being massively surpassed by relatively average climbers.

Whilst the comparisons are not exact, it seems that the leading GC riders are not very far off the extravagant power outputs that were routinely posted by athletes in the years of extensive, chemical enhancement.

I would be interested to hear a rational explanation for this apparent dichotomy, given that physical preparation has not radically changed over the last decade.

Kohl has just annouced he is leaving cycling because it was not possible to be in front without doping.

Anticyclone said:
How comparable are the Giro and Tour figures? From what i can see most of the Giro climbs this year have been shorter than the Tour climbs so you would expect average power to be higher?
ddddddddddddddddddd

Those numbers posted by Pantani are fecking incredible... 460watts. Mayo's guestimated power output from the Alpe DHuez climb in 2003 would have been interesting. I've never seen anyone climb the top half of that climb that fast.

... Indurains aint too bad for someone who could finish his first Tour or two. :p

swampy1970 said:
Those numbers posted by Pantani are fecking incredible... 460watts. Mayo's guestimated power output from the Alpe DHuez climb in 2003 would have been interesting. I've never seen anyone climb the top half of that climb that fast.

... Indurains aint too bad for someone who could finish his first Tour or two. :p

Indurain gained a scarcely credible 50-60 watts in a few years. Coincidentally, these were the same years that Epo became widely available.

Gregers said:
Indurain gained a scarcely credible 50-60 watts in a few years. Coincidentally, these were the same years that Epo became widely available.
ffffffffffffffff