GIRO - Spoiler

I think this will be the Tour were Lance shows his age. He hasn't looked sharp at all this year and I don't think it is an act. I will put my money on Ulrich.
Cunego is so young. He still has plenty of time to win multiple Tours.

Just listening to Stage 10 - it looks like it is a very uneventful stage thus far.
They're probably playing themselves in slowly after the rest day.

McEwen
Petacchi
O' Grady
Zabel
Bettini

Fantastic sprint by McEwen. Loved how all the teams were fighting against Fassa's train to get to the front. What a great Giro this has been :D

Swelled headed americans.......hmmz pretty good for a dutch dude...whatever youre prob is. I just like the way Armstrong rides and crushes his competition in july.....however in europe they don't like that. Don't think that only americans and cancer survivors like his style of riding!!

mitosis said:
You sound like one of those swelled headed americans I was referring too. :rolleyes:

Enjoy it, it might be a while before your turn comes again.

MJtje said:
Swelled headed americans.......hmmz pretty good for a dutch dude...whatever youre prob is. I just like the way Armstrong rides and crushes his competition in july.....however in europe they don't like that. Don't think that only americans and cancer survivors like his style of riding!!

i really don't get it. You're Dutch, so why aren't you 110% behind Thomas Dekker and Rabobank? lol

Haha need I post more about T. Dekker;) He seems more popular around the board then 'mr. controversy' armstrong:D

Dead Star said:
i really don't get it. You're Dutch, so why aren't you 110% behind Thomas Dekker and Rabobank? lol

You were the one comparing Tour climbs to Giro climbs :rolleyes:
I did have Cunego in my thread.

Dead Star said:
lol, this is a Giro thread and we're talking about the tour? typical :rolleyes:

donhix1 said:
You were the one comparing Tour climbs to Giro climbs :rolleyes:
I did have Cunego in my thread.

ummm, I mentioned Tour climbs as a comparison to the more superior Giro climbs. That's hardly talking about 'how great the tour de france is, blah blah blah I love Lance' now is it?

Wow, that was a close one today! What a Giro for Robbie! And cool to see O'Grady and Zabel up there.

Tomorrow should be a pretty big day at both the Giro and the Volta a Catalunya!!

Yep will be big......I think that Simoni could make a move.....wondering if cunego will chase after him?

tcklyde said:
Wow, that was a close one today! What a Giro for Robbie! And cool to see O'Grady and Zabel up there.

Tomorrow should be a pretty big day at both the Giro and the Volta a Catalunya!!

Dead Star said:
McEwen
Petacchi
O' Grady
Zabel
Bettini

Fantastic sprint by McEwen. Loved how all the teams were fighting against Fassa's train to get to the front. What a great Giro this has been :D

Yeah, good to see McEwan won against Petacchi without P's team making mistakes. Good for McEwan's confidence. Great for Petacchi's. :D

MJtje said:

Don't take offense. I made a wrong assumption. Its not the first time. ;)

If you read my post I said Lance wasn't going to win the Tour. I am pulling for Ulrich. I too get tired of everything Lance. You are lucky you have Eurosport. We only get to see races that Lance is in.

Anyway I hope Robbie stays in the Giro to win the sprinters jersey. I know he usually drops out before the mountains.

Dead Star said:
ummm, I mentioned Tour climbs as a comparison to the more superior Giro climbs. That's hardly talking about 'how great the tour de france is, blah blah blah I love Lance' now is it?

Stage 12 is the last relistic chance for the sprinters. Then they'll hop off and prepare for the Tour.

The last stage in Milan is always flat. You have to do a lot of climbing to get there though.

donhix1 said:
The last stage in Milan is always flat. You have to do a lot of climbing to get there though.

Correct. It's the week prior to Milan i think they're not too keen on.

Not I've you think that the real goal of Cunego le tour is and NOT the giro........hehe well I'm looking at giro now and Simoni is up there and NOT cunego;)

Dead Star said:
don't you mean Simoni chase after Cunego? :p

Stage 11 - what a stage !
Cunego came in 6 minutes down from Basso, Salvodelli and 5 minutes down on Simoni.
I think Garzelli and Cunego's chances of winning the Giro are gone.

I was impressed with Simoni, although he wasn't at Basso/Delli's level, he still managed to stay within reach of them.

Maybe Damiano just had a bad day.

DiLuca finished fourth and put up a brave defence of the Maglia Rosa.