Giro: Stage 10 picks

What a difference a day makes. Napolitano, yesterday first - today dead last.

At least he hung in there, I was sad to see Haedo drop out, I was looking forward to him taking a stage or two. He needs to learn from the master McEwan about making the cut on the lumpy stages.

What an interesting Giro with "old man" Piepoli taking this stage, and I note the Maglia Rosa is only a year younger than me, I'll have to remember that next time I start grumbing about my age on the climbs... ;)

Andrija said:
Yes, that's what he said in some interview few days ago. He'll try to build up solid advantage on first two mountain top finishes and then just to try to keep that advantage in third week. I'm not sure if this is enough, maybe after TT he'll have bigger advantage, but what really interests me is if he burned too many matches too early. That first attack today was so miscalculated.
I agree as well. Simoni looked good and is will cut into his deficit in the mountains. I think the stage showed a very good Andy Schleck and Popovich among the non Italians, that Noe can still climb and may be able to defend the maglia rosa,(certainly gives Liquigas more cards to play), that Cunego and Garzelli are in a bit of trouble now, Savoldelli is still alive, and that Sella has possibilities for a very high overall classification.