Giro Stage 13 to Marostica

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bret Wade, May 21, 2003.

  1. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    I'm looking forward to Friday's Giro stage to Marostica. I've spent some time in the area (at Borso
    del Grappa) and the rides through the walled city and the nearby hills are some of my all time
    favorites. From the stage profile, it looks like they're doing a hilly circuit through this
    beautiful city. There are some steep climbs available that could make for an exciting finish.

    I have pictures of Marostica available here: http://www.fischer-wade.com/italy/marostica.htm

    I also have some pictures of the roads along the Brenta river where the race will travel during
    stage 14: http://www.fischer-wade.com/italy/bassano.htm

    Bret

    Tags:

  2. Mapei81

    Mapei81 Guest

    Great photos! Thanks.

  3. Dave G

    Dave G Guest

  4. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Nice photos. Could be some close calls through that city.

    "Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Great photos! Thanks.

  5. Dan Tompkins

    Dan Tompkins Guest

    These are wonderful photos. I know Bret has mentioned it before but it may be worth repeating that
    Borso del Grappa (site of some of Bret's pix) is the home of the Italian Cycling Center, and that
    the Brenta and Piave rivers, Marostica and the "lakes" as well as other great sites are daily fare
    for riders who stay there, whether they're really good ones or pretty ordinary. As one of the
    latter, I recommend it strongly.

    Dan Tompkins

    news:<[email protected]>...