Giro Stage 13 to Marostica

Bret Wade

Guest
I'm looking forward to Friday's Giro stage to Marostica. I've spent some time in the area (at Borso
del Grappa) and the rides through the walled city and the nearby hills are some of my all time
favorites. From the stage profile, it looks like they're doing a hilly circuit through this
beautiful city. There are some steep climbs available that could make for an exciting finish.

I have pictures of Marostica available here: http://www.fischer-wade.com/italy/marostica.htm

I also have some pictures of the roads along the Brenta river where the race will travel during
stage 14: http://www.fischer-wade.com/italy/bassano.htm

Bret

These are wonderful photos. I know Bret has mentioned it before but it may be worth repeating that
Borso del Grappa (site of some of Bret's pix) is the home of the Italian Cycling Center, and that
the Brenta and Piave rivers, Marostica and the "lakes" as well as other great sites are daily fare
for riders who stay there, whether they're really good ones or pretty ordinary. As one of the
latter, I recommend it strongly.

Dan Tompkins

news:<[email protected]>...