Giro to MET Stradivarius

dtm

Sep 1, 2006
Anyone swapped from a Giro to a Met recently. I need your experience on sizing issues. I have a Giro Pneumo medium now and I want to swap it for a MET stradivarius 2. I was going to just go for a medium MET (they only do two sizes Medium and Large). However I have since had some advice saying tha the Medium measures up small and I may need a large. I have not got a local stockist within 50 miles for me to try one on so I will have to go online and order. Of course whichever online retailer I use I will make sure I can swap it, but it would be nice to get the sizing right first time. SO I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a MET Stradivarius 2 to see what they ended up with sizing wise.

Have you measured your head's circumference and compared it to MET's helmet sizing spec?

dtm said:
SO I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a MET Stradivarius 2 to see what they ended up with sizing wise.
I switched from a Stradivarius to a Stradivarius 2. The new helmet is much smaller.

jstock said:
I switched from a Stradivarius to a Stradivarius 2. The new helmet is much smaller.
Which sizes did you end up with ? Did you have to go up a size on the stradivarius 2 ?

dtm said:
Which sizes did you end up with ? Did you have to go up a size on the stradivarius 2 ?
The first helmet I tried before buying, and the medium did allow for some adjustment so i choosed that one. The second time I just ordered the same size. Just had my head measured and guess what, it's 58 cm. The Stradivarius 2 in medium does fit me at the largest setting but I can't use a cap under it, and the large would have been a better choice for me.
/J