Giro USS Redux-- Randy's go at it...

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tcl, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Tcl

    Tcl Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tcl

    Tcl Guest

  3. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    Have you sat on the bike? I'm having trouble visualizing where the legs go when stopped. I'm
    guessing they go over and in front of the bars.??

    The workmanship is top notch. Great work.

    Tom

  4. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Very nice looking...glad you mentioned the tiller effect is not too pronounced, as that was my first
    thought. Is that a standard "comfort" riser, that has the adjustable angle, like found on today's
    comfort and hybrid DF bikes? Did you have to alter any cable lengths? Inquiring minds want to know.

    "tcl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, here is the first effort, partially assembled... Just a couple of "workbench" pictures, but
    > more to come.
    >
    > http://65.64.114.185/GiroUSSProject.htm
    >
    > Randy N.

  5. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    Have you sat on the bike? I'm having trouble visualizing where the legs go when stopped. I'm
    guessing they go over and in front of the bars.??

    The workmanship is top notch. Great work.

    Tom

  6. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Very nice looking...glad you mentioned the tiller effect is not too pronounced, as that was my first
    thought. Is that a standard "comfort" riser, that has the adjustable angle, like found on today's
    comfort and hybrid DF bikes? Did you have to alter any cable lengths? Inquiring minds want to know.

    "tcl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, here is the first effort, partially assembled... Just a couple of "workbench" pictures, but
    > more to come.
    >
    > http://65.64.114.185/GiroUSSProject.htm
    >
    > Randy N.

  7. Tcl

    Tcl Guest

    Tom Blum wrote:
    > Have you sat on the bike? I'm having trouble visualizing where the legs go when stopped. I'm
    > guessing they go over and in front of the bars.??
    >
    > The workmanship is top notch. Great work.
    >
    > Tom

    I will have Cat snap a few pics when I go out riding tomorrow. Yes, I think it will go like this...
    break, unclip foot and at point of stopping, turn to unclipped side slightly and drop foot. Some
    leverage on the bars and one point of contact with ground allows me to unclip my clumsy foot from
    the pedal and swing the leg over to the side I am slightly leaning toward and I stand up, reaching
    for the seat back to keep the bike stable.

    Thanks for the compliment!

    Randy

  8. Tcl

    Tcl Guest