Girrafes?

I think giraffes are easier to ride than standard 20" or 24" unicycles.
They are unusual at first because they are different and you feel like
you're way up in the air. They're also harder to freemount. But the
nature of the tall structure makes correction easier and control
tighter. It's like the difference between trying to balance a ruler on
your palm and a broom on your palm.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Buy one that u can alter the height of dramatically, cos it will be
frickin dangerous to start off on a 10-ft one, but suck when u got
better and only had a midget size,
they wouldn't be too much harder, after u adapt to the change in
momentum, but apart from that

GOD SPEED!

--
silverfridge
silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

unifiend454 wrote:
> okay how hard are they to ride? and how do you start out.. I am thinking
> about buying one

Using the roof of my car to mount one, I was able to ride it perfectly
fine on my first try after unicycling only since the fall. As long as
you aren't afraid of heights you will be just fine. On the third day I
had it, and after 20 minutes of attempts I was able to freemount it
twice. It definitely is difficult to mount but riding it is easier than
a normal unicycle. Unless you can get a really nice deal on one or plan
to use it in performances I wouldnt spend the money as after a few
weeks it wont be getting much use.

--
Brian O.

ntappin wrote:
> sorry he jumps from a 9' to a 12'
>
> here is a picture of him doing it
> [image: http://www.sparksstreetmall.com/images/busker4.jpg]

Wow, I wonder how he would practice that... The 12' looks like its
bending too.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

litldude2 wrote:
> Wow, I wonder how he would practice that... The 12' looks like its
> bending too.

Yes, the frame is either bending a lot (which makes for a very dramatic
photo), or it's already bent. I hope the frame can take it, or at some
point he's going to get a big surprise!

I used to do the mount from the 20" to the 6' in shows. That's just a
variation on the freemount. The downside is sometimes the 20" falls
where you don't want it to, and you might need to rock into it during
your mount. But that happened fairly rarely when I did it.

Going from a higher one to an even higher one would be very hard on the
giraffe that gets dropped, and could be much worse in the way I
described above. If you have an assistant to catch it, problem solved.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

ntappin wrote:
> Other than stuff getting in the way, how hard of a trick is it?

"About that hard" he said, holding his hands approximately 30 cm
apart.

For more detail, a frame of reference might be handy. How much giraffe
freemount experience do you have? How comfortable are you on giraffes?