Give me rain :-)

EuanB

Jan 11, 2005
Woke up with slightly thick head, courtesy of vendor's Xmas bash. Lots of drinks, lots of beer confidential chats etc. Looked outside and it was throwing it down.

It's a warm day so all I put on were my booties, not to keep my feet dry but to keep all the **** off of my shoes. Thirty seconds in, soaked to the skin and loving it.

Ride was pretty uneventful, saw about six other cyclists on the whole trip, I normally see dozens. I really need to find a better way in than St Kilda Road, nearly collected someone who just walked in to the bike lane without looking. I taking it easy 'cause of the reduced visibility enforced by having to cycle within the confines of the bike lane; good job too 'cause I could easily have been going 10km/h faster and that would have been that.

Riding in the rain is fun, it's got its downsides but there's no surer way of knowing you're alive than riding in a honest to goodness downpour. Oh and it blows away hangovers nicely too :)

On 2005-12-16, EuanB (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>
> Woke up with slightly thick head, courtesy of vendor's Xmas bash. Lots
> of drinks, lots of beer confidential chats etc. Looked outside and it
> was throwing it down.

I wacky parsed that as "was throwing it up".

Seems the weather had too much to drink too :)

--
TimC
You must realize that the computer has it in for you. The irrefutable
proof of this is that the computer always does what you tell it to do.

EuanB said:
Woke up with slightly thick head, courtesy of vendor's Xmas bash. Lots of drinks, lots of beer confidential chats etc. Looked outside and it was throwing it down.

It's a warm day so all I put on were my booties, not to keep my feet dry but to keep all the **** off of my shoes. Thirty seconds in, soaked to the skin and loving it.

Ride was pretty uneventful, saw about six other cyclists on the whole trip, I normally see dozens. I really need to find a better way in than St Kilda Road, nearly collected someone who just walked in to the bike lane without looking. I taking it easy 'cause of the reduced visibility enforced by having to cycle within the confines of the bike lane; good job too 'cause I could easily have been going 10km/h faster and that would have been that.

Riding in the rain is fun, it's got its downsides but there's no surer way of knowing you're alive than riding in a honest to goodness downpour. Oh and it blows away hangovers nicely too :)

Mmmmmm...rain riding. One of the best rides I've ever had was in to work through the tail end of that monster storm at the start of the year. Huge monsoonal (and I lived in Cairns for 18 months which included one and a bit wet seasons, so I know whereof I speak) downpours, crazy ambient light, merrily splashing past stalled, dead cars through water over the bottom bracket, people staring at the drenched loony with the undentable grin...feckin' glorious.