rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Give your unicrown frame a (foot) rest

Started by daino149 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 419 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
28 June 2004
Last activity
29 June 2004
Original author
daino149
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
419
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know some of you have the original Black (Stealth) Torkers with the
    round frame. They are decent cycles, but the round frame makes one foot
    skills much more difficult. A while ago I read a thread where someone
    suggested using hose clamps and tape to make a footrest for the frame.
    While I was browsing in my local Home Depot, I came across some hose
    clamps and decided to try the modification.

    The whole process took little more then a half an hour and the results
    were great. The footrest is strong and works well for one foot skills.
    I used hockey grip tape to cover the hoseclamp. I'm not sure if there
    is a better tape for the job.

    This, like most of the things done to my uni, was done at night, so the
    pictures did not turn out as well as they could have. Here is a link to
    some pictures:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album257

    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album257/DSCF0259.sized.jpg]

    --
    daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.06.26
    Footrest
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284
    04.05.26 11329
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daino149's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/933
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33523

  2. daino149 said:

    *A while ago I read a thread where someone suggested using hose clamps
    and tape to make a footrest for the frame. *


    that would have been me. way back in 2002 i made a 'thread'
    (http://tinyurl.com/3h8ut) about idea's on how to do that.

    i think the thread that Diano149 is referring to though is?????? his
    own! way back in 'ott three' (http://tinyurl.com/ypjoz)

    it took a year but im glad it finally worked for you. thank god flat
    crowns are easier to get now days (less expensive)... its better than
    nothing though but not even close to the real thing.

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    ---------------------------------------------------
    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/godzilla.gif]-Forget_Your_Life-

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33523

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.