Giving the Goldfish A Make-Over

The Joneses

Guest
--------------EEA55C1EBB3431A112C03387

PaulaGarlic wrote:

> Just saw the following...
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040216/hl_nm/food_campbell_goldfish_dc I used to
> love Goldfish when I was kiddie...haven't had them it years.

Lowlifecommycreeps. Can't leave well enuf alone - and have you seen the purple and green ones
lately? I just couldn't bring myself to eat those. What's a little transfatty acids between friends
anyways? grumble grumble Edrena, grumbling

--------------EEA55C1EBB3431A112C03387 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> PaulaGarlic wrote: <blockquote
TYPE=CITE>Just saw the following... <br><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/200402-
16/hl_nm/food_campbell_goldfish_dc">http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040216/hl_nm/-
food_campbell_goldfish_dc</a> <br>I used to love Goldfish when I was kiddie...haven't had them it
years.</blockquote> Lowlifecommycreeps. Can't leave well enuf alone - and have you seen the
purple and green ones lately? I just couldn't bring myself to eat those. What's a little

--------------EEA55C1EBB3431A112C03387--

Angela Faye Oon

Guest
There's something I've always wanted to ask about the Pepperidge Farm goldfish. Many years ago - I
think around 1995 - I remember distinctly being addicted to PF's _chocolate_ goldfish. Then
suddenly, they disappeared from the shelves. Were they discontinued and for what reason? Does anyone
else remember them? They were very chocolatey and yummy (probably no thanks to the trans fats).

Sheryl

Guest
"PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just saw the following...
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040216/hl_nm/food_campbell_goldfish_dc
>
> I used to love Goldfish when I was kiddie...haven't had them it years.
>
> Paula

From the article: "In March, the first TFA-free Goldfish to hit grocery shelves will be a new line
called Goldfish Crisps. Unlike traditional puffy Goldfish, Crisps will be flat and will come in
three varieties: cheddar jack, four cheese and cheesy sour cream and onion."

Ok. They are removing the TFA to make a "healthier" snack. What about the cheesy sour cream and
onion stuff????? How healthy is that stuff?

Frogleg

Guest
On 17 Feb 2004 06:37:35 -0800, [email protected] (Sheryl) wrote:

>"PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote
>> Just saw the following...
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040216/hl_nm/food_campbell_goldfish_dc
>>
>> I used to love Goldfish when I was kiddie...haven't had them it years.

>From the article: "In March, the first TFA-free Goldfish to hit grocery shelves will be a new line
>called Goldfish Crisps. Unlike traditional puffy Goldfish, Crisps will be flat and will come in
>three varieties: cheddar jack, four cheese and cheesy sour cream and onion."
>
>Ok. They are removing the TFA to make a "healthier" snack. What about the cheesy sour cream and
>onion stuff????? How healthy is that stuff?

And why would un-hydrogenated oil make them flat instead of puffy?

Re:flavors -- while a lifelong eater of chips, I avoid most 'flavors' which depend heavily on A)
sugar and B) garlic. Frito-Lay's 'guacamole' chips include both, as well as a boatload of other
flavoring ingredients and green dye. Not a sign of anything even faintly related to an avocado.

stan

Guest
Angela Faye Oon <[email protected]> wrote:
> There's something I've always wanted to ask about the Pepperidge Farm goldfish. Many years ago
> - I think around 1995 - I remember distinctly being addicted to PF's _chocolate_ goldfish.
> Then suddenly, they disappeared from the shelves. Were they discontinued and for what reason?
> Does anyone else remember them? They were very chocolatey and yummy (probably no thanks to the
> trans fats).

I live about a mile or two away from where PF makes goldfish crackers and I do not recall ever
seeing a chocolate variety before.

Carrie-Lou Salt

Guest
"Frogleg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip> Re:flavors -- while a lifelong eater of chips, I avoid most 'flavors'
> which depend heavily on A) sugar and B) garlic. Frito-Lay's 'guacamole' chips include both, as
> well as a boatload of other flavoring ingredients and green dye. Not a sign of anything even
> faintly related to an avocado.

I noticed those chips in a store for the first time the other day. I REFUSE to even try them, just
on the fact that I am sure that I would be more satisfied with making guacamole and eating it with
some good tortillas or tortilla chips. I like the mix of textures along with the flavor, and I am
sure that the Doritos wouldn't even compare... anyway....my half-assed rant for today... :)

Wayne Boatwrigh

Guest
Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 17 Feb 2004 06:37:35 -0800, [email protected] (Sheryl) wrote:
>
>>"PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote
>>> Just saw the following...
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040216/hl_nm/food_campb ell_goldfish_dc
>>>
>>> I used to love Goldfish when I was kiddie...haven't had them it years.
>
>>From the article: "In March, the first TFA-free Goldfish to hit grocery shelves will be a new line
>>called Goldfish Crisps. Unlike traditional puffy Goldfish, Crisps will be flat and will come in
>>three varieties: cheddar jack, four cheese and cheesy sour cream and onion."
>>
>>Ok. They are removing the TFA to make a "healthier" snack. What about the cheesy sour cream and
>>onion stuff????? How healthy is that stuff?
>
> And why would un-hydrogenated oil make them flat instead of puffy?
>
> Re:flavors -- while a lifelong eater of chips, I avoid most 'flavors' which depend heavily on A)
> sugar and B) garlic. Frito-Lay's 'guacamole' chips include both, as well as a boatload of other
> flavoring ingredients and green dye. Not a sign of anything even faintly related to an avocado.

They were a huge disappointment! I love avocados and guacoomole. The chips were not.

Wayne

Ben

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> I live about a mile or two away from where PF makes goldfish crackers and I do not recall ever
> seeing a chocolate variety before.

Cause they export all the good stuff... ;-)

regards, Ben

--
"What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com).
2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or connection fees! Use
promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes.

Angela Faye Oon

Guest
"ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I live about a mile or two away from where PF makes goldfish crackers
and I
> > do not recall ever seeing a chocolate variety before.
>
> Cause they export all the good stuff... ;-)
>
> regards, Ben

Well, I live in Singapore, and those chocolate Pepperidge Farm cookies were available in K-Mart
(before it closed down). I swear they existed. I was crazy about them. Maybe I should write to
Campbell's...

Angela