Glasgow Lycra Louts

Allan

Guest
This morning turning left into the cyclepath up to Bells bridge two
lycra clad 'cyclists' turn right onto path cutting the corner. The first
comes within inches of side swiping me before he brakes. They end up
behind me a little further on they decide to overtake me, fine enough
except I am on the left and there is a pedestrian walking towards me on
the opposite side of the path the first of the 2 'cyclists just makes
the overtake, the second ( the one that had nearly hit me earlier)
decides he does not want to hit the ped so swerves across into me I
manage to brake and avoid a collision. At that point I give him a
description of his riding skills. We exchange further pleasantries he
finishes with the comment "hi fat boy try and catch up with me" which
considering my age I took as a part compliment and decided he had just
confirmed his lycra lout credentials.

Rant over, had to get that out of my system

Allan

Allan wrote:

> Rant over, had to get that out of my system

There's old cyclists and there's bould cyclists, but you don't see to
many old bould cyclists: they've either got themselves flattened or got
themselves a car, and are now busy flattening others.

sothach wrote:
> Allan wrote:
>

>>Rant over, had to get that out of my system

> There's old cyclists and there's bould cyclists, but you don't see to
> many old bould cyclists: they've either got themselves flattened or got
> themselves a car, and are now busy flattening others.

Shirley a boulder cyclist could flatten motorists!

JimP

Jim Price wrote:
> sothach wrote:
>
>> Allan wrote:
>>

>>> Rant over, had to get that out of my system

>> There's old cyclists and there's bould cyclists, but you don't see to
>> many old bould cyclists: they've either got themselves flattened or got
>> themselves a car, and are now busy flattening others.

> Shirley a boulder cyclist could flatten motorists!
>
> JimP

When I was last in Boulder i saw none of the very many cyclists
flattening any body !!!

Allan wrote:
> This morning turning left into the cyclepath up to Bells bridge two
> lycra clad 'cyclists' turn right onto path cutting the corner. The first
> comes within inches of side swiping me before he brakes. They end up
> behind me a little further on they decide to overtake me, fine enough
> except I am on the left and there is a pedestrian walking towards me on
> the opposite side of the path the first of the 2 'cyclists just makes
> the overtake, the second ( the one that had nearly hit me earlier)
> decides he does not want to hit the ped so swerves across into me I
> manage to brake and avoid a collision. At that point I give him a
> description of his riding skills. We exchange further pleasantries he
> finishes with the comment "hi fat boy try and catch up with me" which
> considering my age I took as a part compliment and decided he had just
> confirmed his lycra lout credentials.
>
> Rant over, had to get that out of my system

Carry a small axe. (Don't use a wrist-strap) (In case you use it on a
car). Sorry, just a fantasy, but it becomes more real every day.

MSeries wrote:

> Jim Price wrote:
>
>> sothach wrote:

>>> There's old cyclists and there's bould cyclists, but you don't see to
>>> many old bould cyclists: they've either got themselves flattened or got
>>> themselves a car, and are now busy flattening others.

>> Shirley a boulder cyclist could flatten motorists!
>>
>> JimP

> When I was last in Boulder i saw none of the very many cyclists
> flattening any body !!!

When we were last in Boulder we were flattened by a motorbike. Oh, look,
here are some pictures:

http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_swa_r1.htm

James
--
James Annan
see web pages for email

[email protected] wrote:

> Carry a small axe. (Don't use a wrist-strap) (In case you use it on a
> car). Sorry, just a fantasy, but it becomes more real every day.

I'm sure this has been suggested in a previous thread but would it not
be better perhaps having some kind of explosive powered harpoon. It
could be mounted alongside the top tube facing forward to be used in
scenarios like this.
Iain

> Carry a small axe. (Don't use a wrist-strap) (In case you use it on
> a car). Sorry, just a fantasy, but it becomes more real every day.

My late father always had a crank straightener lying on the shop
counter.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island

in message <[email protected]>,
[email protected] ('[email protected]') wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Carry a small axe. (Don't use a wrist-strap) (In case you use it on a
>> car). Sorry, just a fantasy, but it becomes more real every day.

> I'm sure this has been suggested in a previous thread but would it not
> be better perhaps having some kind of explosive powered harpoon. It
> could be mounted alongside the top tube facing forward to be used in
> scenarios like this.

Rocket propelled grenade is what you want, my son.

;; All in all you're just another hick in the mall
-- Drink C'lloid

in message <[email protected]>, James Annan
('[email protected]') wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
>> When I was last in Boulder i saw none of the very many cyclists
>> flattening any body !!!

> When we were last in Boulder we were flattened by a motorbike. Oh,
> look, here are some pictures:
>
> http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_swa_r1.htm

Ow! That looks nasty. I hope you and Julie were OK?

;; All in all you're just another nick in the ball
-- Think Droid

Simon Brooke wrote:

> in message <[email protected]>, James Annan
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>

>>MSeries wrote:
>>
>>>When I was last in Boulder i saw none of the very many cyclists
>>>flattening any body !!!

>>When we were last in Boulder we were flattened by a motorbike. Oh,
>>look, here are some pictures:
>>
>>http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_swa_r1.htm

> Ow! That looks nasty. I hope you and Julie were OK?

Heh. It looks more impressive than it really was, and was certainly
nothing compared to your recent adventures. The impact was directly on
my bike frame, and perpendicular to its plane (M/C wheel hit near the
BB), so it buckled pretty easily leaving me barely touched. jules,
following close behind, got a wing mirror in the face and has some
gore-tex and titanium upgrades as a result.

It wasn't the best holiday ever but it's all part of life's rich
tapestry, I suppose :)

James