Glastonbury 2005

Hi All,
John (Spencer-Mallory) and I have managed to return to UK for a short
break and will be at the Glastonbury Festival from tomorrow.
Anyone seeing Jess the Dog (yes, we do have permission to take her too)
might like to make themselves know to her handler who will be John. We
could possibly have a small celebration then.
Happy trails all.
Michelle

<[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All,
> John (Spencer-Mallory) and I have managed to return to UK for a short
> break and will be at the Glastonbury Festival from tomorrow.
> Anyone seeing Jess the Dog (yes, we do have permission to take her too)
> might like to make themselves know to her handler who will be John. We
> could possibly have a small celebration then.
> Happy trails all.
> Michelle

Did you get wet ?

--
Theo
www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

theo wrote:
<snipped>

> Did you get wet ?
>
> --

Err, yes in a word. But not washed out by any means. We have
excellent equipment and enough experience not to camp on valley floors.
So, we were able to sit in the tent doorway and watch the 6 hour
lightening show in complete comfort.
What was so terrible though was the plight of some of the revellers.
Some were literally diving into a mixture of water, mud, sewage and
goodness knows what else simple to recover their few belongings.
It was all very reminiscent of the Pacific Rim, or parts of it at the
moment, except that immediate help was at hand from the thousands of
others festival visitors who 'mucked-in' (no pun intended) and did a
fantastic job together with the whole of the Festival staff, security
firm employees and the local police. I'm sure there were other
agencies at work too but they were not so overtly obvious.
Despite all the uproar caused by the storm the show still went on and a
real cracker of a festival it was too.

It wasn't quite the break we had planned - bit of a busman's holiday
really - but it was a pleasing spectacle of how we as a race can, if we
but put our minds and efforts to it, produce a community spirit lacking
in many foreign countries. And at least there was no-one immediately
screaming for international aid packages, loan debts to be cancalled
etc., etc., ad Nauseaum

Cheers all
Michelle

For Theo....Our Fl;eeces were fine, we were on a dairy farm. ;)))