Glastonbury 2005

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Jun 21, 2005.

  1. Hi All,
    John (Spencer-Mallory) and I have managed to return to UK for a short
    break and will be at the Glastonbury Festival from tomorrow.
    Anyone seeing Jess the Dog (yes, we do have permission to take her too)
    might like to make themselves know to her handler who will be John. We
    could possibly have a small celebration then.
    Happy trails all.
    Michelle

    Tags:

  2. theo

    theo Guest

    <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi All,
    > John (Spencer-Mallory) and I have managed to return to UK for a short
    > break and will be at the Glastonbury Festival from tomorrow.
    > Anyone seeing Jess the Dog (yes, we do have permission to take her too)
    > might like to make themselves know to her handler who will be John. We
    > could possibly have a small celebration then.
    > Happy trails all.
    > Michelle

    Did you get wet ?

    --
    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  3. Bryan Hall

    Bryan Hall Guest

  4. theo wrote:
    <snipped>

    > Did you get wet ?
    >
    > --

    Err, yes in a word. But not washed out by any means. We have
    excellent equipment and enough experience not to camp on valley floors.
    So, we were able to sit in the tent doorway and watch the 6 hour
    lightening show in complete comfort.
    What was so terrible though was the plight of some of the revellers.
    Some were literally diving into a mixture of water, mud, sewage and
    goodness knows what else simple to recover their few belongings.
    It was all very reminiscent of the Pacific Rim, or parts of it at the
    moment, except that immediate help was at hand from the thousands of
    others festival visitors who 'mucked-in' (no pun intended) and did a
    fantastic job together with the whole of the Festival staff, security
    firm employees and the local police. I'm sure there were other
    agencies at work too but they were not so overtly obvious.
    Despite all the uproar caused by the storm the show still went on and a
    real cracker of a festival it was too.

    It wasn't quite the break we had planned - bit of a busman's holiday
    really - but it was a pleasing spectacle of how we as a race can, if we
    but put our minds and efforts to it, produce a community spirit lacking
    in many foreign countries. And at least there was no-one immediately
    screaming for international aid packages, loan debts to be cancalled
    etc., etc., ad Nauseaum

    Cheers all
    Michelle

    For Theo....Our Fl;eeces were fine, we were on a dairy farm. ;)))