Glen Lyon - Loch Rannoch

Hugh Spicer

Guest
Has anyone cycled from Glen Lyon (Innerwick) along the Lairig Ghallabhaich to the south side of Loch
Rannoch ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugh [email protected] www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

"Hugh Spicer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone cycled from Glen Lyon (Innerwick) along the Lairig
Ghallabhaich
> to the south side of Loch Rannoch ?

Yep. Watch out for the midges. My worst nightmare came when the sun woke me lying in the heather by
a stream on the pass above Rannoch School and I sat up. As I raised my head above the heather
Billions hit me, word must have gone round- Breakfasts Ready. When anyone on this group mentions
Scottish Midges I'm there with a warning!!

The route is easy, provided you can lift the bike and yourself over a high locked gate.

The route is detailed in The Scottish Glens Book 3, The Glens of Rannoch by Peter D Koch-Osborne
published by Cicerone Press ISBN 1-85284-170-2

Books 1 to 9 are the mtb equivalent of the Wainwright walking guides and are written in the same
format, and are absolutely bloody incredible. That is a superior recommendation. Quote- Glen Lyon is
scenically beautiful and quiet; ideal cycling country and well worth a visit. Hope you enjoy the
ride, and to anybody else- its a right dodgy place not worth wasting your time going there. Mike