Global Warming - A real viable threat or scientific rhetoric?

Colorado Ryder said:
To be fair, CPX only argued with the point about volcanoes. I don't know if he is right but since he is a geologist, he probably is.
we haven't established that yet...I mean...I could say I'm a dentist, a prison guard, a stock broker, a doctor a sheet metal worker...eieio...So, I wouldn't cave in just yet....I mean...like what makes sand stone so special as opposed to other rocks? etc...burning questions we all want to have answered here...

jaguar75 said:
So your position was just to prove me wrong...how colorful...If you really want to join in this debate why don't you answer the question at hand (topic of this thread) and quit beating around the bush...
I debated points that you brought up! I proved you wrong. It was very colourful ... there was kool-aid (feeling sleepy).

Bringing the Northern Lights in wasn't beating around the bush? :rolleyes:

zapper said:
we haven't established that yet...I mean...I could say I'm a dentist, a prison guard, a stock broker, a doctor a sheet metal worker...eieio...So, I wouldn't cave in just yet....I mean...like what makes sand stone so special as opposed to other rocks? etc...burning questions we all want to have answered here...
True. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Colorado Ryder said:
To be fair, CPX only argued with the point about volcanoes. I don't know if he is right but since he is a geologist, he probably is.
Now that he is a Geologist and not a "scientist" I don't doubt his knowledge either.

I am sure that had this been a thread mentioning airplanes I would have pounced if someone was not being accurate either. If he re-read my thread about the volcanos I was not saying what I was saying factually I was just giving another example of what could be causing the increased levels of CO2 in the Atmosphere and to provide me with scientific data either supporting or dis-proving such.

CPX read what I said as me, with out a doubt, posting fact and I was not...he needs to be more careful about how things are said instead taking hypotheticals and twisting them to be fact and then attacking...frankly it is insulting.

On the flip side I understand that his education is geology and his posts have obviously supported that fact...but this thread has substance/impact that reaches far beyond the terestial... :)

jaguar75 said:
CPX read what I said as me, with out a doubt, posting fact and I was not...he needs to be more careful about how things are said instead taking hypotheticals and twisting them to be fact and then attacking...frankly it is insulting.
hmmm..this sort of tactic sounds familiar...There was a guy who twisted and contorted issues here before...I haven't seen much of him as late...could it be????

zapper said:
hmmm..this sort of tactic sounds familiar...There was a guy who twisted and contorted issues here before...I haven't seen much of him as late...could it be????
LOL....his post count is that of a new user...hmm :confused:

zapper said:
I'll hold off until he proves it...
And how am I going to prove it? About as easily as I could convince Jaguar human activity could cause climate-shift.

In both cases, luckily, the preponderance of evidence points in one direction.

cpx said:
And how am I going to prove it? About as easily as I could convince Jaguar human activity could cause climate-shift.

Easy...quick you have 90 seconds...answer my questions in msg #'s 57 and 61...Get them both right and you are a Geologist..

zapper said:
Easy...quick you have 90 seconds...answer my questions in msg #'s 57 and 61...Get them both right and you are a Geologist..
And I will add one question as well that only a geologist would really know...
What is the entity that drives the magnetic field?

jaguar75 said:
And I will add one question as well that only a geologist would really know...
What is the entity that drives the magnetic field?
Well, it doesn't matter...time is up and there were no correct answers given...Sorry CR, I was right on this one...

cpx said:

Careful here. I don't want to make a retraction.

zapper said:
I have a better question (since astrophysics is not my field, and I'm not a sedimentologist [sandstone ... blah]) ...

How did I twist and contort issues?

(Dynamo Theory)

cpx said:
I have a better question (since astrophysics is not my field, and I'm not a sedimentologist [sandstone ... blah]) ...

How did I twist and contort issues?

(Dynamo Theory)
You could still answere my question? He He

zapper said:
He's not a scientist, he just forgot the quotes... :rolleyes:
uh-oh, we "tree-huggers" are in trouble :eek: The triumvate-Zap, Colorado, & Jag online simultaneously. You better just surrender now :( & save yourself the effort :)

davidmc said:
uh-oh, we "tree-huggers" are in trouble :eek: The triumvate-Zap, Colorado, & Jag online simultaneously. You better just surrender now :( & save yourself the effort :)
Hey! I gave CPX a pass.

Colorado Ryder said:
Careful here. I don't want to make a retraction.
Does any of you three (Jag, Zap, or Colorado) subscribe to Anne Coulter's conservative (apparently) philosohy of, I'll paraphrase: "The Earth-take it, rape it" :confused: It seems to be a selfish, "short-term", minded philosophy. Aside from CO2, why put poison's in the air (acid-rain is ONE result) if we don't have to :confused:

davidmc said:
Does any of you three (Jag, Zap, or Colorado) subscribe to Anne Coulter's conservative (apparently) philosohy of, I'll paraphrase: "The Earth-take it, rape it :confused: It seems to be a selfish "short-term minded philosophy. Aside from CO2, why put poison's in the air (acid-rain is ONE result) if we don't have to :confused:
I actually do not like Anne Coulter. I agree we need to take care of the Earth, but not if the US has to bear most of the cost(Kyoto).

Colorado Ryder said:
I actually do not like Anne Coulter. I agree we need to take care of the Earth, but not if the US has to bear most of the cost(Kyoto).
I don't know a great deal about her aside form the extreme stances she takes. I'm sure it holds true for my side too. If one wants to get on television, one has to be an attention getter hence the inflammatory remarks. Hell, there's a remote chance that she might even be a closet liberal :eek: when she's "off the clock" :rolleyes: