Global Warming? Journalism? Don't Make Me Laugh!

Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> He's Tom Kunich, he doesn't have to make sense.

Well, yeah, but I expect him to be consistent. Relentlessly consistent.
Consistent to the point of pathologic behavior even. Only a few days
ago, the Chinese were exploring the Moon with Marco Polo in the 13th
century, bringing cheese, dust, and syphillis back to a waiting world.
Now the Chinese are too stupid to find there way out of an egg roll. If
Tom starts flopping in the wind like a weather vane, it could lead to a
causal discontinuity in the fabric of space-time. Nobody wants that,
since it could lead to an American winning the TdF, again.

--
Bill Asher

Joe Cipale wrote:
> Fred Fredburger wrote:
>

>> No more red herrings, Tom. Try being honest and using a little less
>> ******** sometime.

> Fred,
>
> Have you forgot WHO you are discussing this with???

SHHHHH! I know and you know but HE doesn't know.

On Feb 25, 9:11 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote innews:[email protected]:
>

> > He's Tom Kunich, he doesn't have to make sense.

> Well, yeah, but I expect him to be consistent. Relentlessly consistent.
> Consistent to the point of pathologic behavior even. Only a few days
> ago, the Chinese were exploring the Moon with Marco Polo in the 13th
> century, bringing cheese, dust, and syphillis back to a waiting world.
> Now the Chinese are too stupid to find there way out of an egg roll. If
> Tom starts flopping in the wind like a weather vane, it could lead to a
> causal discontinuity in the fabric of space-time. Nobody wants that,
> since it could lead to an American winning the TdF, again.

To be fair to Kunich, I don't think he was saying
the Chinese were dingbats, I think he was putting
those words in Robert Chung's mouth, or Chung's
desertation, more precisely. Kind of like the
"Why do you hate freedom?" rhetorical strategy.
Apparently, denying Marco Polo's trip (IIRC, he goes with
Win-Ny Poo to the East Pole to discover honey) is equal
in Kunich's mind to calling the Chinese stupid. But
being Tom, he manages to assign the words to Chung so
incompetently that you reasonably thought he was
claiming the thought for himself.

Ben

William Asher wrote:
> Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> He's Tom Kunich, he doesn't have to make sense.
>>

> Well, yeah, but I expect him to be consistent. Relentlessly consistent.
> Consistent to the point of pathologic behavior even. Only a few days
> ago, the Chinese were exploring the Moon with Marco Polo in the 13th
> century, bringing cheese, dust, and syphillis back to a waiting world.
> Now the Chinese are too stupid to find there way out of an egg roll. If
> Tom starts flopping in the wind like a weather vane, it could lead to a
> causal discontinuity in the fabric of space-time. Nobody wants that,
> since it could lead to an American winning the TdF, again.

Relentless consistency in one way usually leads to whacky inconsistency
in others. The thing that's new here is that Tom's posting frequency has
gone up, making the discontinuities in his belief system more obvious.
And entertaining.

On 25 Feb 2007 22:12:59 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>To be fair to Kunich, I don't think he was saying
>the Chinese were dingbats, I think he was putting
>those words in Robert Chung's mouth, or Chung's
>desertation, more precisely.

And spelled dessertation - something about the Chinese claiming to
have invented creme brulee. Whatever. Since the best creme brulee has
a coffee bean, not some berry, in the middle, they could at best
invented an inferior creme brulee.

Unless Marco and the Sixth Chinese Fleet also discovered Northern
Africa. Have to read the dessertation.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> You've blown any claim to impartiality so many times it doesn't bear
>>> repeating. But I really DID like your claim that Clinton was evil
>>> because he didn't regulate businesses and investors enough, allowing the
>>> dotcom bust to happen.

>> Is that anything like your claim that Conservatism definitionally means
>> that we have to allow fraud because after all it is only free trade?

> Which, of course, I never said.

There's the implication right above in the quotation of yours. So don't cry
because someone quotes you and then accepts what you said as what you
believe.

> Not that anyone has any reason to expect anything other than intellectual
> dishonesty from you.

Ahem.

>>> Clinton shall burn in hell because of his conservative, pro-business
>>> policies. I'm sure of it.

>> And you will certainly never learn the difference between government
>> intervention in patent fraud and when it becomes regulation of honest
>> business.

> The dotcom bust wasn't about patent fraud.

So selling public stock in a "company" without any assets, no intellectual
property and not even a business plan describing a method by which ANY of
these could be achieved isn't fraud? Funny that none of these companies
could have qualified for an honest bank loan.

> It was about investors gullible enough to invest in anything that sounded
> Internet-y, and businesses unethical enough to milk that. Stopping the
> dotcom bust would have involved protecting the gullible from themselves
> and policing business ethics.
>
> No more red herrings, Tom. Try being honest and using a little less
> ******** sometime.

dogwalk.com - that was fraud.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> dogwalk.com - that was fraud.

Is it your belief that the dotcom bust was caused by dogwalk.com?

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2007 22:12:59 -0800, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> To be fair to Kunich, I don't think he was saying
>> the Chinese were dingbats, I think he was putting
>> those words in Robert Chung's mouth, or Chung's
>> desertation, more precisely.

> And spelled dessertation - something about the Chinese claiming to
> have invented creme brulee. Whatever. Since the best creme brulee has
> a coffee bean, not some berry, in the middle, they could at best
> invented an inferior creme brulee.
>
> Unless Marco and the Sixth Chinese Fleet also discovered Northern
> Africa. Have to read the dessertation.

Was Northern Africa discovered by Juan Valdez?

On Feb 26, 7:56 pm, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > dogwalk.com - that was fraud.

> Is it your belief that the dotcom bust was caused by dogwalk.com?

And was there ever a dogwalk.com (or dog-walk.com) to
begin with, or is that another one of Tom's alternate
realities?

[email protected] wrote:
> And was there ever a dogwalk.com (or dog-walk.com) to
> begin with, or is that another one of Tom's alternate
> realities?

Dunno about dogwalk.com, but VDB provides an optimal fitness programs for
dogs, kind of like a canine version of 53x12.com.

in 537348 20070226 132838 Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>On 25 Feb 2007 22:12:59 -0800, "[email protected]"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>To be fair to Kunich, I don't think he was saying
>>the Chinese were dingbats, I think he was putting
>>those words in Robert Chung's mouth, or Chung's
>>desertation, more precisely.

>And spelled dessertation ...

It's "dissertation".

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > And was there ever a dogwalk.com (or dog-walk.com) to
> > begin with, or is that another one of Tom's alternate
> > realities?

> Dunno about dogwalk.com, but VDB provides an optimal fitness programs for
> dogs, kind of like a canine version of 53x12.com.

Going the other way:
http://chasemeladies.blogspot.com/2004/04/running-away-from-dogs-fun-way-to.html

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:59:33 -0800, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Was Northern Africa discovered by Juan Valdez?

He gets credit for realizing that coffee doesn't have to be made 9
parts coffee bean, one part water, which made it way more popular (not
to mention, cheaper). Unfortunately, the French had already committed
to bad cofee at that point.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:55:22 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
wrote:

>It's "dissertation".

Damn, it may be a bad joke, but you'd think it wouldn't need
explanation. Unless you are unfamiliar with creme brulee, which does
make you an unfortunate.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Feb 25, 5:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> >> I thought that you were off writing a desertation

> > A desertation would be mighty dry reading.

> http://www.factmonster.com/computers/jargon/S/spelling-flame.html
>
> "spelling flame: n.
>
> [Usenet] A posting ostentatiously correcting a previous article's spelling
> as a way of casting scorn on the point the article was trying to make,
> instead of actually responding to that point"

I'm so glad I went back and read your post, TK.

Tom Kunich trying to invoke usenet rules to gain points. Yet more
Klassic Kunich. What a laugh. I mean really.

Your spelling and word form problems undercut your attempts to be an
authority on everything.

You're one of the few people who gets twitted on this, ever notice?
It's because you act like such an incredible jerk around here, Kunich.

Get it? --D-y

in 537453 20070227 134348 Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:55:22 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>It's "dissertation".

>Damn, it may be a bad joke, but you'd think it wouldn't need
>explanation. Unless you are unfamiliar with creme brulee, which does
>make you an unfortunate.

If it had been funny I'd probably have got the joke ;-)

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Damn, it may be a bad joke, but you'd think it wouldn't need
> explanation. Unless you are unfamiliar with creme brulee, which does
> make you an unfortunate.

I thought it was some exotic kind of irony that I hadn't been programmed
to understand.

On Feb 27, 10:48 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 5:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>

> > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...

> > > A desertation would be mighty dry reading.

> >http://www.factmonster.com/computers/jargon/S/spelling-flame.html

> > "spelling flame: n.

> > [Usenet] A posting ostentatiously correcting a previous article's spelling
> > as a way of casting scorn on the point the article was trying to make,
> > instead of actually responding to that point"

> I'm so glad I went back and read your post, TK.
>
> Tom Kunich trying to invoke usenet rules to gain points. Yet more
> Klassic Kunich. What a laugh. I mean really.
>
> Your spelling and word form problems undercut your attempts to be an
> authority on everything.
>
> You're one of the few people who gets twitted on this, ever notice?
> It's because you act like such an incredible jerk around here, Kunich.
>
> Get it? --D-y- Hide quoted text -

Haven't seen it in a while but one of the best, and truest sigs I've
seen stated:
Typos are a feature, not optional. Reader beware.
Bill C

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> So next time a
> printer gives you trouble, remember it's because
> deep down inside, printers are run by a Kunich AI.

at first I thought a Kunich AI was an oxymoron because it couldn't be an
artificial intelligence if programmed to mimic Kunich, but now I realize
this AI must stand for "Artificial Imbecile".

Nice to know rbr is in the forefront of Artificial Imbecile research
because I've never heard of it before.

NS