Global warming: The French connection

Ken -Lsqny)

Guest
Global warming: The French connection Ann Coulter

May 29, 2003

Inasmuch as June is around the corner and it's still winter, it is time to revisit the issue of
"global warming." A sparrow does not a spring make, but in the Druid religion of environmentalism,
every warm summer's breeze prompts apocalyptic demands for a ban on aerosol spray and paper bags. So
where is global warming when we need it?

In 1998, President Clinton denounced Republicans for opposing his environmental policies, citing
Florida's inordinately warm weather: "June was the hottest month they had ever had – hotter than any
July or August they had ever had." This, after the Senate rejected the Kyoto Treaty by the slender
margin of 95-0. In fact, all the world's major industrial powers initially rejected the treaty,
including Japan. That's right: Even Kyoto rejected Kyoto.

That same year, CNN's Margaret Carlson remarked that when her neighbors experienced temperate
weather at Christmas, global warming was the word on everyone's lips. Adding to the world's supply
of hot air, she said global warming was the big sleeper issue.

Well, this year, Washington, D.C., had the coldest February in a quarter-century. What are the
scientific conclusions of Ms. Carlson's neighbors now? In a single day in February, New York got its
fourth-deepest snowfall since 1869. Baltimore got more snow in February than in any other month in
recorded history. I wish there were global warming.

In 1995, the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change produced a computer model
purportedly proving "a discernible human influence on global climate." According to the U.N.,
there was not enough evidence to determine if Saddam Hussein was a threat, but the evidence is
in on global warming.

The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of aerosol spray. You have to know the
French were involved in a study concluding that Arrid Extra Dry is destroying the Earth. In a world
in which everyone smelled, the French would be at no disadvantage. Aerosol spray. How convenient.

According to global-warming hysterics, global warming would begin at the poles, melt the ice caps,
and then the oceans would rise. On the basis of such fatuous theories, in August 1998, the host of
NPR's "Science Friday," Ira Flatow, told his listeners to look out their windows and imagine the
ocean in their own back yards. Explaining that receding glaciers in Antarctica would dramatically
lift sea levels, he warned that their grandchildren could be "hanging fishing poles out of New York
skyscrapers," thus qualifying as the world's all-time greatest "fishing story."

Since then, evidence disproving "global warming" has been pouring in. God knows how many trees had
to be sacrificed to print new data refuting global warming.

In January 2002, the journal Science published the findings of scientists who had been measuring the
vast West Antarctic ice sheet. Far from melting, it turns out the ice sheet is growing thicker. The
researchers were Dr. Ian R. Joughin, an engineer at the jet propulsion laboratory of the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration in Pasadena, Calif., and Dr. Slawek Tulaczyk, a professor of
earth sciences at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

About the same time, the journal Nature published the findings of scientist Peter Doran and his
colleagues at the University of Illinois. Rather than using the U.N.'s "computer models," the
researchers took actual temperature readings. It turned out temperatures in the Antarctic have been
getting slightly colder - not warmer - for the last 30 years.

The chief scientist for Environmental Defense, Michael Oppenheimer, responded to the new findings by
urging caution and warning that "there is simply not enough data to make a broad statement about all
of Antarctica." That's interesting. We didn't have to wait for more data when lunatics curtailed the
use of nuclear energy in this country on the basis of the movie "The China Syndrome." That was hard
scientific evidence.

We didn't wait for more data when DDT (dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane) was banned on the basis of
Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring, which brainwashed children into believing DDT would kill all the
birds. American soldiers in World War II were bathed in DDT. Jews rescued from Nazi death camps were
doused in DDT. It was a miracle invention: Tiny amounts of DDT kill disease-carrying insects with no
harm to humans, protecting them from malaria, dengue and typhus. But in 1972, the U.S. banned one of
the greatest inventions in modern history.

Now environmentalists are in a panic that African nations will use DDT to save millions of lives.
Last year, 80,000 people in Uganda alone died of malaria, half of them children. The United States
and Europe have threatened to ban Ugandan imports if they use DDT to stop this scourge.
Environmentalists would prefer that millions of Africans die so that white liberals may continue
gazing upon rare birds.

Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind.
They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism.
Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use.

Ann Coulter is host of AnnCoulter.org, a TownHall.com member group.

©2003 Universal Press Syndicate

Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Bureau, Department Of Redundancy Department
____________________________________
email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles before; I have no doubt
he would use them again if permitted to develop them. --Bill Clinton, December 17, 1998

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his
country. --Albert Gore, 23 September 2001
Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

This ***** is an idiot. "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]_text> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Global warming: The French connection Ann Coulter, professional ***** and honorary Queen ***** of
> the Universe.
>
> May 29, 2003
>
> Inasmuch as June is around the corner and it's still winter, it is time to revisit the issue of
> "global warming." A sparrow does not a spring make, but in the Druid religion of environmentalism,
> every warm summer's breeze prompts apocalyptic demands for a ban on aerosol spray and paper bags.
> So where is global warming when we need it?
>
> In 1998, President Clinton denounced Republicans for opposing his environmental policies, citing
> Florida's inordinately warm weather: "June was the hottest month they had ever had - hotter than
> any July or August they had ever had." This, after the Senate rejected the Kyoto Treaty by the
> slender margin of 95-0. In fact, all the world's major industrial powers initially rejected the
> treaty, including Japan. That's right: Even Kyoto rejected Kyoto.
>
> That same year, CNN's Margaret Carlson remarked that when her neighbors experienced temperate
> weather at Christmas, global warming was the word on everyone's lips. Adding to the world's supply
> of hot air, she said global warming was the big sleeper issue.

One data point.

> Well, this year, Washington, D.C., had the coldest February in a quarter-century. What are the
> scientific conclusions of Ms. Carlson's neighbors now? In a single day in February, New York got
> its fourth-deepest snowfall since 1869. Baltimore got more snow in February than in any other
> month in recorded history. I wish there were global warming.

one data point.

That' right *****, and we were right.

> but the evidence is in on global warming.
>
> The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of aerosol spray. You have to know the
> French were involved in a study concluding

This ***** is too STUPID. Aerosols have almost nothing to do with global warming. It has to do with
ozone and the quantity there of. Ultraviolet light is BAD Ann. Maybe not to you, but to us humans.
You should Bathe in that light for a while, and do us all a favor. If this ***** has a college
education which she is proclaiming she should have spent more time in Chem. 1A.

There are manty factors too global warming.

> that Arrid Extra Dry is destroying the Earth. In a world in which everyone smelled, the French
> would be at no disadvantage. Aerosol spray. How convenient.
>
> According to global-warming hysterics, global warming would begin at the poles, melt the ice caps,
> and then the oceans would rise. On the basis of such fatuous theories, in August 1998, the host of
> NPR's "Science Friday," Ira Flatow, told his listeners to look out their windows and imagine the
> ocean in their own back yards. Explaining that receding glaciers in Antarctica would dramatically
> lift sea levels, he warned that their grandchildren could be "hanging fishing poles out of New
> York skyscrapers," thus qualifying as the world's all-time greatest "fishing story."
>
> Since then, evidence disproving "global warming" has been pouring in. God knows how many trees had
> to be sacrificed to print new data refuting global warming.
>
> In January 2002, the journal Science published the findings of scientists who had been measuring
> the vast West Antarctic ice sheet. Far from melting, it turns out the ice sheet is growing
> thicker.

What a joke. That's your head, Ann.

It's probable the reason why temperatures are lower on the surface of Antarctica is due to
EVAPORATION. (Like Ann's argument) Global Temperature averages are INCREASING. The planet doesn't
give a **** what the temperature is in, say, Toledo, Ohio.

Global mean surface temperatures have increased 0.5-1.0°F since the late 19th century. The 20th
century's 10 warmest years all occurred in the last 15 years of the century. Of these, 1998 was the
warmest year on record. The snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere and floating ice in the Arctic
Ocean have DECREASED. Globally, sea level has risen 4-8 inches over the past century. Worldwide
precipitation over land has increased by about one percent. The frequency of extreme rainfall events
has increased throughout much of the United States.

********. One DATA POINT.......

********

> We didn't wait for more data when DDT (dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane) was banned on the basis
> of Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring, which brainwashed children into believing DDT would kill
> all the birds. American soldiers in World War II were bathed in DDT. Jews rescued from Nazi death
> camps were doused in DDT. It was a miracle invention: Tiny amounts of DDT kill disease-carrying
> insects with no harm to humans, protecting them from malaria, dengue and typhus. But in 1972, the
> U.S. banned one of the greatest inventions in modern history.
Are we talking Global warming or have we changed the subject?

> Now environmentalists are in a panic that African nations will use DDT to save millions of lives.
> Last year, 80,000 people in Uganda alone died of malaria, half of them children. The United States
> and Europe have threatened to ban Ugandan imports if they use DDT to stop this scourge.
> Environmentalists would prefer that millions of Africans die so that white liberals may continue
> gazing upon rare birds.
>
> Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind.
> They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism.
> Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use.
>

> Ann Coulter is host of AnnCoulter.org, a TownHall.com member group.
....and a MORON.

> ©2003 Universal Press Syndicate

Earth is out of radiative equilibrium with space by at least approximately .5 W/m2 (absorbing
more energy than it emits). Anyone with a BRAIN should know that this is BAD. THIS number is
really ALL YOU NEED.

I'm waiting for your answer neocons 'cause I will clobber you when you do. This is going be FUN.

> Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Bureau, Department Of Redundancy Department
> ____________________________________
> email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm
>
> Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles before; I have no doubt
> he would use them again if permitted to develop them. --Bill Clinton, December 17, 1998
>
> We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his
> country. --Albert Gore, 23 September 2001
> Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
> A: Telling your parents you're gay.

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:28:56 GMT, "skyliq" <[email protected]> ranted:

>> The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of aerosol spray. You have to know the
>> French were involved in a study concluding
>
>This ***** is too STUPID. Aerosols have almost nothing to do with global warming.

While CFCs alone cause warming, their ozone destruction can cause cooling. So far these warming and
cooling influences have approximately balanced. Prior to 1978 CFCs were used as a propellant in
aerosol spray cans, but that use has ended in the U.S. Under an international agreement most uses of
CFCs are now being phased out to protect the ozone layer. http://www.gcrio.org/gwcc/part1.html

Why are the liberals so upset with Ann? She's bright,

written by liberals.... Oh, that's it, I guess. Her books outsell Hillary's book. Right? So that
makes her a *****? Cordially, Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Bureau, Department Of
Redundancy Department
____________________________________
email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles before; I have no doubt
he would use them again if permitted to develop them. --Bill Clinton, December 17, 1998

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his
country. --Albert Gore, 23 September 2001
Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:28:56 GMT, "skyliq" <[email protected]> ranted:

>This ***** is an idiot.

Any woman who can make a grown person use the words f___ing
(1) moron (1) bull **** (2) ***** (3) stupid (1) and idiot (1) in a single response to describe her,
has earned sainthood, IMHO, and has apparently again struck some nerves with the Kool Aid
drinkers of the left. I like that. Cordially, Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Ken [NY) wrote:
> Why are the liberals so upset with Ann? She's bright,

> written by liberals.... Oh, that's it, I guess. Her books outsell Hillary's book. Right? So that
> makes her a *****?

Because she's nothing but an extremist shill, though unfortunately well-spoken.

"Ken [NY)" <[email protected]_text> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:28:56 GMT, "skyliq" <[email protected]> ranted:
>
> >> The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of aerosol spray. You have to know the
> >> French were involved in a study concluding
> >
> >This ***** is too STUPID. Aerosols have almost nothing to do with global warming.
>
> While CFCs alone cause warming,
Did I say it had nothing to do with it?? I said "ALMOST nothing"!!

> their ozone destruction can cause cooling. So far these warming and cooling influences have
> approximately balanced.

No ozone!!! Too FUN!!!!! Got Skin Cancer? We can cool the planet by destroying OZONE in the upper
atmosphere!!!!

> Prior to 1978 CFCs were used as a propellant in aerosol spray cans, but that use has ended in the
> U.S. Under an international agreement most uses of CFCs are now being phased out to protect the
> ozone layer. http://www.gcrio.org/gwcc/part1.html

"skyliq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I'm waiting for your answer neocons 'cause I will clobber you when you do. This is going be FUN.

Why are you assuming that you are dealing with neocons? I thought old fashoned conservatives had a
major beef with environmentalists. I had not heard of it being a "neocon thing". I thought the
neocons were mostly into affirmative action, taxes and foreign policy. It is my understanding that
neocons and conservatives are different animals.

The old fashoned conservatives do not like environmentalists because of differences over use of
public land (oil/mining/logging/ATV vs hiking/mtbing), property rights, energy conservation, etc.

BTW- neither the right, nor the left had a monopoly on extrapolating

-Dave

"Ken [NY)" <[email protected]_text> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

<snip>NonBikeRelatedPost</snip>

Hey Moron,

If you are going to post that in rec.bicycles.soc, put OT: (as in off topic) in front. It is not
about bikes.

So it should have read "OT:Global warming: The French connection".

Back to the topic of bikes: Does anyone have experience with Titec titanium handlebars? I want to
get rid of the riser that came with my mtb and go with a flat bar. I do not want to go carbon as
they are too flexy and I was wondering how titanium compared to alu.

-Dave

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:32:50 -0400, Ken [NY) said (and I quote):
> Global warming: The French connection Ann Coulter

I've heard rumours about this Ann Coulter person (I'm Australian, not American), but I never knew
she was so much fun.

I wish our right-commentators were this entertaining. Piers Akerman, Paddy McGuiness, and Miranda
Devine are sometimes funny, but I like this Ann Coulter woman! I genuinely like her style of
pointlessly pissing off the French by saying they smell. If I was French I'd find it even funnier.

It's unfortunate there aren't any left-wing commentators in the same style, although I can't imagine
such a person would be all that popular.
--
"Naturally, the common people don't want war. But, after all, it is the leaders of a country who
determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along. All you have to do is

Baka Dasai wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:32:50 -0400, Ken [NY) said (and I quote):
>
>>Global warming: The French connection Ann Coulter
>

> I've heard rumours about this Ann Coulter person (I'm Australian, not American), but I never knew
> she was so much fun.
>
> I wish our right-commentators were this entertaining. Piers Akerman, Paddy McGuiness, and Miranda
> Devine are sometimes funny, but I like this Ann Coulter woman! I genuinely like her style of
> pointlessly pissing off the French by saying they smell. If I was French I'd find it even funnier.

Yes, they're fun, except that a lot of people slurp up what they say and believe it.

> It's unfortunate there aren't any left-wing commentators in the same style, although I can't
> imagine such a person would be all that popular.

The US has Al Franken, who is nearly as popular and a helluva lot more funny.

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:28:39 -0400, "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]_text> wrote:

>Why are the liberals so upset with Ann?

Speaking as a card-carrying liberal I'm not at all upset about her. I'm upset about the world
"leaders" who will be dead before the icecaps melt so they would rather believe her kind than allow
for the possibility that the large body of scientists who agree on climate change may be right.

I don't know which side is right - but I do know that the consequence of reducing energy use and
waste is increased efficiency and a cleaner environment, whereas the consequence of not doing so may
be to render the planet uninhabitable. It seems like a fairly easy choice to me. One of the many
reasons I travel by bike.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]_text> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> <snip>NonBikeRelatedPost</snip>
>
> Hey Moron,
>
> If you are going to post that in rec.bicycles.soc, put OT: (as in off topic) in front. It is not
> about bikes.
>
> So it should have read "OT:Global warming: The French connection".
>
> Back to the topic of bikes: Does anyone have experience with Titec titanium handlebars? I want to
> get rid of the riser that came with my mtb and go with a flat bar. I do not want to go carbon as
> they are too flexy and I was wondering how titanium compared to alu.
>
> -Dave

Hey Dave?

I know an answer to your question. Not only are the bars too flexy but the carbon bars should not
have bar-enz. Get a good handlebar. Ti is light yes, but expensive. The most important thing is not
weight but strength in this matter. Ti is best. Alumi should be chosen with care.Easton, Kore,
etc... They're also the stiffest. Another possibility are thin-walled chromoly. Ritchey made some
good ones.

BTW, I'm anwering this from the "Political" NG! Peace, -Sky.

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:38:58 GMT, "skyliq" <[email protected]> ranted:

>> >This ***** is too STUPID. Aerosols have almost nothing to do with global warming.
>>
>> While CFCs alone cause warming,
>Did I say it had nothing to do with it?? I said "ALMOST nothing"!!

Picky picky. Actually, she said "The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of
aerosol spray." which was exactly true at that time. I remember doing an experiment. The
weather was very cold one winter and I had friends of mine standing outside spraying their
paint cans into the wind. Sure as hell, a week later, the weather turned warmer. I think you
need a sense of humor transplant. Cheers, Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
Bureau, Department Of Redundancy Department
____________________________________
email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles before; I have no doubt
he would use them again if permitted to develop them. --Bill Clinton, December 17, 1998

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his
country. --Albert Gore, 23 September 2001

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

On 12 Jun 2003 11:57:08 GMT, Baka Dasai <[email protected]> ranted:

>It's unfortunate there aren't any left-wing commentators in the same style, although I can't
>imagine such a person would be all that popular.

People of the left usually have no sense of humor. I don't know why, but it is true. Cheers,
Ken (NY) Chairman, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Bureau, Department Of Redundancy Department
email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles before; I have no doubt
he would use them again if permitted to develop them. --Bill Clinton, December 17, 1998

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his
country. --Albert Gore, 23 September 2001

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

Pig wrestling