Global Warming

Tom Kunich

Guest
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling off.
I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
> off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING again?
>
> Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

Over the short term, the only periodic fluctuations in sun activity that I'm
aware of involve sunspots, and that's what, a 7 or 14-year cycle? Too short
to be a contributing factor to a moderately long-term climate trend. For sun
"cooling" to be a factor, regarding global warming as currently discussed,
I'd think we'd be discussing cycles of maybe 50-500 years. Was that the
case?

Or was it even a "cycle" they were talking about? If it's just a gradual
cooling trend, how does that fit in with "normal cyclic variations?"

Have you discussed any of this with Andre Jute?

Thanks-

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
>> off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING
>> again?
>>
>> Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

> Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
> this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
with nature destroyed utterly.

On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
> eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
> with nature destroyed utterly.

Duh. He was just creating hype for a re-run of "Soylent Green"

On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
> >> off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING
> >> again?

> >> Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

> > Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
> > this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

> Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
> eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
> with nature destroyed utterly.

Time for him to write the ELF another check.

http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
perjury.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people
> > will be
> > eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global
> > warming
> > with nature destroyed utterly.

> Time for him to write the ELF another check.
>
> http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm
>
> This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
> perjury.

Just so there's no mistake - Turner really DID say that the world average
temperature would be 8 degrees hotter and people in the United States would
be eating each other in about 40 years. He also implied that we ought to
kill off a lot of people because it is the population density which is the
problem....

On Apr 2, 5:17 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>

> > "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...

> > > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
> > > this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

> > Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
> > eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
> > with nature destroyed utterly.

> Time for him to write the ELF another check.
>
> http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm
>
> This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
> perjury.

Dude,

I don't know what Howard did to get under your
skin, and frankly, I don't care. You can have your
beef, but stop dragging it into every on and off topic
thread. Posting some random stuff from some
think tank hack about how ELF, ALF, Mork and Mindy
bombed a McDonalds has nothing to do with
Ted Turner or global warming. And continually
assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
that ..." mode of argument. Hang people by quoting
their own words, not those of others.

Ben

p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
"Robin Williams."

[email protected] wrote:
> Duh. He was just creating hype for a re-run of "Soylent Green"

With Andouilette. Yummy.

> And continually
> assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
> this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
> that ..." mode of argument. Hang people by quoting
> their own words, not those of others.

What's funny about this is the practice of little cowards such as yourself
to not actually say what you mean. Then complain when someone asks you if
you really meant what you almost said.

On Apr 3, 12:45 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Apr 2, 5:17 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> > > "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
> > > eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
> > > with nature destroyed utterly.

> > Time for him to write the ELF another check.

> >http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

> > This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
> > perjury.

> Dude,
>
> I don't know what Howard did to get under your
> skin, and frankly, I don't care. You can have your
> beef, but stop dragging it into every on and off topic
> thread. Posting some random stuff from some
> think tank hack about how ELF, ALF, Mork and Mindy
> bombed a McDonalds has nothing to do with
> Ted Turner or global warming. And continually
> assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
> this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
> that ..." mode of argument. Hang people by quoting
> their own words, not those of others.
>
> Ben
>
> p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
> the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
> gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
> "Robin Williams."- Hide quoted text -

Ben did you read the piece? It's right there in plain laguage. I
throw it in when it's relevant. In this case it's Mainstream leftist
folks providing support and funding for environmental terrorist
nutcases.
The ***** with Howard is that he flat out denies ANY of this ever
happens, or when confronted with evidence claims it's only a few
nutcases. It's not, unless you consider some of the left's biggest
most influential donors and spokespeople to be nutcases, and
insignificant.
How is it that not relevant?
This whole issue is way to important to be anything but brutally
open, honest, and up front about. Protecting, and funding extremists,
discredits the groups that are doing it. It's bad enough we've got a
bunch on scumbags appointed, and committed to mining and drilling our
public lands here, but when environmental groups, and their supporters
tie themselves to the violent nutjobs it damages all of us.
It let's Tom, and others point to the nutcases and deny everything
they say. Case closed in their minds.
You can't EVER reach a decent understanding, or solution without
hearing ALL the points and connections on an issue, no matter how
ugly, or offensive.

What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
any of it.
Bill C

[email protected] wrote:
> p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
> the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
> gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
> "Robin Williams."

Lord have mercy. First it was RicodJour's reference to
Susan Dey and now this. It's only a matter of time until
someone with a boot fetish brings up the original Star
Trek. Maybe it'll be Hoovis, he seems to be on a roll
with that sort of thing.

Bob Schwartz

On Apr 3, 11:07 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:45 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

> > > Time for him to write the ELF another check.

> > >http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

> > > This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
> > > perjury.

> > Dude,

> > I don't know what Howard did to get under your
> > skin, and frankly, I don't care.  You can have your
> > beef, but stop dragging it into every on and off topic
> > thread.  Posting some random stuff from some
> > think tank hack about how ELF, ALF, Mork and Mindy
> > bombed a McDonalds has nothing to do with
> > Ted Turner or global warming.  And continually
> > assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
> > this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
> > that ..." mode of argument.  Hang people by quoting
> > their own words, not those of others.

> > Ben

> > p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
> > the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
> > gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
> > "Robin Williams."- Hide quoted text -

> Ben did you read the piece? It's right there in plain laguage.  I
> throw it in when it's relevant. In this case it's Mainstream leftist
> folks providing support and funding for environmental terrorist
> nutcases.
>  The ***** with Howard is that he flat out denies ANY of this ever
> happens, or when confronted with evidence claims it's only a few
> nutcases. It's not, unless you consider some of the left's biggest
> most influential donors and spokespeople to be nutcases, and
> insignificant.
>  How is it that not relevant?
>  This whole issue is way to important to be anything but brutally
> open, honest, and up front about. Protecting, and funding extremists,
> discredits the groups that are doing it.

I meant to include being funded, and/or puppet fronts for energy/oil
companies here too.
They are just as bad in a different way.

> What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
> wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
> foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
> mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
> how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
> facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
>
> Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
> Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
>
> He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
> miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
> any of it.
>  Bill C- Hide quoted text -

If anyone gives a **** this is one of the groups I belong to, and
would highly recommend:
http://www.trcp.org/

and one of their affilliated groups:

http://www.unionsportsmen.org/

Bill C

On Apr 3, 12:16 pm, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
> > the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
> > gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
> > "Robin Williams."

> Lord have mercy. First it was RicodJour's reference to
> Susan Dey and now this. It's only a matter of time until
> someone with a boot fetish brings up the original Star
> Trek. Maybe it'll be Hoovis, he seems to be on a roll
> with that sort of thing.

I take umbrage with that remark! Susan Dey was _way_ hotter than Pam
Dawber. The only thing that Pam Dawber had going for her was the
willingness to sleep with someone/thing who looks like Robin Williams
- which instills hope in those of us...errr...you less fortunate.

RicodJour wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:16 pm, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
>>> the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
>>> gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
>>> "Robin Williams."

>> Lord have mercy. First it was RicodJour's reference to
>> Susan Dey and now this. It's only a matter of time until
>> someone with a boot fetish brings up the original Star
>> Trek. Maybe it'll be Hoovis, he seems to be on a roll
>> with that sort of thing.

> I take umbrage with that remark! Susan Dey was _way_ hotter than Pam
> Dawber. The only thing that Pam Dawber had going for her was the
> willingness to sleep with someone/thing who looks like Robin Williams
> - which instills hope in those of us...errr...you less fortunate.

Dude,

Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and
Marcia Brady never served on the Enterprise.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and Marcia Brady never
> served on the Enterprise.

Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

Donald Munro wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
>>> I take umbrage with that remark! Susan Dey was _way_ hotter than Pam
>>> Dawber. The only thing that Pam Dawber had going for her was the
>>> willingness to sleep with someone/thing who looks like Robin Williams -
>>> which instills hope in those of us...errr...you less fortunate.

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>> Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and Marcia Brady never
>> served on the Enterprise.

> Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
> have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

The one that was married to that Senator from Illinois? No, not Obama....

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Donald Munro wrote:
> Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ?

Don't act like you don't know. Yes, you even watched Voyager.

On Apr 3, 12:33 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
> have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

Ah, yes. I believe her name was "Two-of-Large."

[email protected] wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:33 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
>> have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

> Ah, yes. I believe her name was "Two-of-Large."

Oh no--don't take the brain-boost!

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

On Apr 3, 11:07 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
> wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
> foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
> mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
> how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
> facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
>
> Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
> Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
>
> He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
> miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
> any of it.
> Bill C- Hide quoted text -

This is too good. I have to give credit to Air Ameerica for the
suspension.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...pended-for-calling-clinton-ferraro-fg-whores/
Quoted:

Ferraro turned out to be the David Duke in drag. Who knew?" Rhodes
said to laughter. "What a ***** Geraldine Ferraro is, she's such a
f*****g *****."

A few minutes later, Rhodes said"Hillary is a big f*****g ***** too."
She then suggested Clinton was trying to force her way into the
Democratic nomination by manipulating pledged delegates. "Oh, f**k
you, okay, f**k you," she said.

Ferraro said Rhodes should be fired.

Noone at Air America would EVER say these kind of things, only Coulter
and Malkin. Now have we setlled it that BOTH sides have their
scumbags?? I just wish that some of the outlets had taken the action
of suspending Coulter. In that case Air America has much more
credibility than Fox and friends.
Bill C
I can't believe, and I'm probably the only one, that I let myself get
sucked in by this **** again. I'm about as sick of this as everyone
else is.

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922