Global Warming

On Apr 19, 6:45 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:32:58 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Apr 17, 7:18 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> >> Economic progress leads to a cleaner environment. Even in our lifetime, we've
> >> seen it. Or at least I have.

> >> Warmer climate is better for people and other living things. Historic warm
> >> periods have not lead to the disasters that orthodox warmism predicts. In fact
> >> they were highly beneficial.

> >> Climate change is a reality. The climate will change, it always has. It has done
> >> so with no contribution from humans. Deal.

> >Some of the cleaner environment came from bad old
> >govmint regulation too. Like on cars, and steel plants.

> >It's a question of timescale. People, animals and
> >plants can adapt to changes that occur on 20,000
> >year timescales. Put the same change on a 50-100 year
> >timescale and there will be a lot of dislocation.
> >It's not that we'd all go extinct (though some of
> >the plants and animals will) it's that the quality
> >of life will be substantially affected. Think of it
> >as a lifestyle issue.

> Look at the actual history. While we don't have thermometer readings from the
> past we have records of what crops were grown where and in what quantity.
>
> The medieval period was warm enough for the British vinyards. We are nowhere
> close to seeing that happen again.

Dear Calvin,

This doesn't address timescale. British wine isn't
very well known today, but there are people who suggest
olives will be grown in southern Britain in a few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warm_period

Ben

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> This doesn't address timescale. British wine isn't
> very well known today, but there are people who suggest
> olives will be grown in southern Britain in a few years.

Even though the output of the sun has been dropping for the last couple of
years and appears on a downward trend.

On Apr 19, 7:46 am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > This doesn't address timescale. British wine isn't
> > very well known today, but there are people who suggest
> > olives will be grown in southern Britain in a few years.

> Even though the output of the sun has been dropping for the last couple of
> years and appears on a downward trend.

And of course global temperature over the last 50 years has been so
sensitive to solar output. Oh, wait:

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/temp-co2-spots.png

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Thanks for the demonstration that you haven't a single clue what the hell
> is going on around you.

Please tell SchwartzSoft to update your insult generator to something
less repetive like:

[Thou art] as fat as butter.

You clueless swamp of incredible pimple pus

Thou venomed dismal-dreaming death-token!

You crude swamp of psychotic ape puke

Thou] hath more hair than wit, and more faults than hairs, and more wealth
than faults.

Thou cockered unchin-snouted varlot!

Hence, horrible villain, or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls
before me; I'll unhair thy head, Thou shalt be whipp'd with wire, and
stew'd'in brine, smarting in lingering pickle.

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:45:06 -0400, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

>The medieval period was warm enough for the British vinyards. We are nowhere
>close to seeing that happen again.

Thank God. The idea of drinking English wine is revolting.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Nietzsche was right, at least about rbr,

RBR ist tot? I think it might be.

Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Look at the actual history. While we don't have thermometer readings
> from the past we have records of what crops were grown where and in
> what quantity.
>
> The medieval period was warm enough for the British vinyards. We are
> nowhere close to seeing that happen again.

You should read up on the Medieval Warm Period.

http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/Report/AR4WG1_Print_Ch06.pdf
(Box 6.4 on Page 468.)

The most recent research demonstrates it wasn't a hemispheric synchronous
warming like we are experiencing and have experienced over the last 100
years.

What in the basic physics do you disagree with in order for it to be
possible for you to think anthropogenic CO2 has no impact on longwave
radiative transfer in the atmosphere?

--
Bill Asher

Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
> RBR ist tot? I think it might be.

rbr was god ? Or we are all Ãœbermensch (apart from the Ãœberbot
and the Ãœberape).

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:21:52 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Or we are all Übermensch (apart from the Überbot
>and the Überape).

Speaking of which, where is the Überape - he seems to have
disappeared.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Thanks for the demonstration that you haven't a single clue what the hell
>> is going on around you.

> Please tell SchwartzSoft to update your insult generator to something
> less repetive like:
>
> [Thou art] as fat as butter.
>
> You clueless swamp of incredible pimple pus
>
> Thou venomed dismal-dreaming death-token!
>
> You crude swamp of psychotic ape puke
>
> Thou] hath more hair than wit, and more faults than hairs, and more wealth
> than faults.
>
> Thou cockered unchin-snouted varlot!
>
> Hence, horrible villain, or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls
> before me; I'll unhair thy head, Thou shalt be whipp'd with wire, and
> stew'd'in brine, smarting in lingering pickle.

If it wasn't repetitive, it wouldn't be the Uberbot.

Nice insults, though!

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Thanks for the demonstration that you haven't a single clue what the hell
>> is going on around you.

> Please tell SchwartzSoft to update your insult generator to something
> less repetive like:

What is humorous is your inability to think outside of your narrow-minded
job. But that's OK, I do get a laugh out of your slow reactions and
demonstrable idiocy. Maybe you ought to point to some white grapes/wine
again and imply that was what they were talking about when they talked about
vineyards in Great Britain.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Apr 19, 7:46 am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> > This doesn't address timescale. British wine isn't
>> > very well known today, but there are people who suggest
>> > olives will be grown in southern Britain in a few years.

>> Even though the output of the sun has been dropping for the last couple
>> of
>> years and appears on a downward trend.

> And of course global temperature over the last 50 years has been so
> sensitive to solar output. Oh, wait:
>
> http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/temp-co2-spots.png

I'll bet you think those graphs mean something.

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The most recent research demonstrates it wasn't a hemispheric synchronous
> warming like we are experiencing and have experienced over the last 100
> years.

HAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Asher always knows how to hit that funny spot.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Thanks for the demonstration that you haven't a single clue what the hell
>> is going on around you.

> Please tell SchwartzSoft to update your insult generator to something
> less repetive like:
>
> [Thou art] as fat as butter.
>
> You clueless swamp of incredible pimple pus
>
> Thou venomed dismal-dreaming death-token!
>
> You crude swamp of psychotic ape puke
>
> Thou] hath more hair than wit, and more faults than hairs, and more wealth
> than faults.

Wait a second--I gotta keep reading this--I'm not so sure that would be
a bad thing...

Steve

> Thou cockered unchin-snouted varlot!
>
> Hence, horrible villain, or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls
> before me; I'll unhair thy head, Thou shalt be whipp'd with wire, and
> stew'd'in brine, smarting in lingering pickle.

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> ..

>>> Even though the output of the sun has been dropping for the last
>>> couple of
>>> years and appears on a downward trend.

>> And of course global temperature over the last 50 years has been so
>> sensitive to solar output. Oh, wait:
>>
>> http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/temp-co2-spots.png

> I'll bet you think those graphs mean something.

Robert,

Graphs are not Tom's strong suit. You have to do an interpretive dance
for him. Something like this, only with split beavers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osyrtxL7nS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0SXXD7bWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujWSIFoe94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdS8tvRdPKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnMSXTcqlM8

--
Bill Asher

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:17:44 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Jack Hollis wrote:
>> Thank God. The idea of drinking English wine is revolting.

>How about some English beer.

Actually, I'll take German or Dutch beer, but I'm partial to larger.

When I'm in the UK or Ireland, I drink Guinness, which is a pleasure
I'm denied in the US. They do have it on tap in some Irish pubs in
NYC, but it's not the same.

On 19 Apr 2008 17:41:46 GMT, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:

>What in the basic physics do you disagree with in order for it to be
>possible for you to think anthropogenic CO2 has no impact on longwave
>radiative transfer in the atmosphere?
>
>--
>Bill Asher

Actually Bill, very few people would deny that it has some impact.
However, the question is how much.

Unfortunately, the earth's climate is so complex that science is
unable to prove the point one way or the other.

I'm old enough to remember the climatologists warning that we were
heading for an ice age in the 1970s, so I'm skeptical of anything they
say.

"Jack Hollis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I'm old enough to remember the climatologists warning that we were
> heading for an ice age in the 1970s, so I'm skeptical of anything they
> say.

The earth-is-dying crowd here are perfectly willing to believe anything that
they think would lead to massive amounts of death. You can easily understand
why that would be if you meet them in person.

Jack Hollis wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:17:44 +0200, Donald Munro
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Jack Hollis wrote:
>>> Thank God. The idea of drinking English wine is revolting.

>> How about some English beer.

> Actually, I'll take German or Dutch beer, but I'm partial to larger.

I'd like a larger lager...