Glorious day

wafflycat

Guest
As today has been quite glorious in terms of weather, I've been out on Luigi
twice. Went to the usual CTC morning meet in Tittleshall - lovely cycling
the lanes - well, apart from the newly muck-spread field which meant a
secton of road to be cycled with mouth firmly closed as I did not fancy a
main course of the local insect life.

This afternoon there was an Operation Wallacea meeting at college, so Vernon
& went by car as he had to be working until the last minute before leaving -
me dragging him away from the phone. But I had Luigi in the car & after the
meeting I cycled home. *Wonderful* a glorious evening's pootle home.

Well apart from some yoof in a red Orion who, as they drove past me at a
ridiculous speed yelled "AAAGHHAR!" out of the ope driver window at me.
Morons...

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> of remove fame and fortune to
get correct email address wrote:
>Well apart from some yoof in a red Orion who, as they drove past me at a
>ridiculous speed yelled "AAAGHHAR!" out of the ope driver window at me.
>Morons...

I find the appropriate response is to blow them a kiss. When done by large
middle aged matrons on bikes (me) or even somewhat less large ones (Helen)
it really horrifies them and they scarper sheepishly. I also recommend
blowing kisses for the bearded, pony-tailed and aero-bellied male cyclist,
but not for anyone under 40.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

On Wed, 03 May 2006 22:44:11 +0100, Steph Peters wrote:
> I find the appropriate response is to blow them a kiss. When done by large
> middle aged matrons on bikes (me) or even somewhat less large ones (Helen)
> it really horrifies them and they scarper sheepishly. I also recommend
> blowing kisses for the bearded, pony-tailed and aero-bellied male cyclist,
> but not for anyone under 40.

Occasionally bearded, generally pony-tailed and currently evading an
aero-belly. I am however under 40. Does this mean I'm not allowed to blow
kisses at stupid drivers?

Jon

Steph Peters wrote:
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> of remove fame and
> fortune to get correct email address wrote:
>> Well apart from some yoof in a red Orion who, as they drove past me
>> at a ridiculous speed yelled "AAAGHHAR!" out of the ope driver
>> window at me. Morons...

> I find the appropriate response is to blow them a kiss. When done by
> large middle aged matrons on bikes (me) or even somewhat less large
> ones (Helen) it really horrifies them and they scarper sheepishly. I
> also recommend blowing kisses for the bearded, pony-tailed and
> aero-bellied male cyclist, but not for anyone under 40.

I've found wolf whistling from large groups of teenage girls to be about as
frequent as nasty shouts. I think blowing kisses probably wouldn't
discourage that.

Occasionally, I even get wolf-whistled when cycling, too. ;)
--
Ambrose

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Well apart from some yoof in a red Orion who, as they drove past me at a
> ridiculous speed yelled "AAAGHHAR!" out of the ope driver window at me.

Is that not what passes for a friendly greeting in the Norfolk dialect?

:~)

Jon Senior <[email protected]> of wrote:

>On Wed, 03 May 2006 22:44:11 +0100, Steph Peters wrote:
>> I find the appropriate response is to blow them a kiss. When done by large
>> middle aged matrons on bikes (me) or even somewhat less large ones (Helen)
>> it really horrifies them and they scarper sheepishly. I also recommend
>> blowing kisses for the bearded, pony-tailed and aero-bellied male cyclist,
>> but not for anyone under 40.

>Occasionally bearded, generally pony-tailed and currently evading an
>aero-belly. I am however under 40. Does this mean I'm not allowed to blow
>kisses at stupid drivers?

You are allowed to do anything you wish, but at your own risk. I just don't
recommend it, in case it is taken as flirting. May be a touch more
difficult for you than me to elicit the desired "Eeeew let's get out of here
response", but maybe beard and pony tail is enough.