Gloves

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Chere, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Chere

    Chere Guest

    I had a pair of gel gloves with the thumbs IN and the fingers OUT; they were excellent for grip
    shifting. Unfortunately these gloves disappeared with my helmet a couple of months ago. Can anyone
    direct me to a thumb IN, fingers OUT glove site?

    (If you're a glove manufacturer, I can tell you this style of glove is perfect for recumbent riders;
    I'll bet they'd be a good seller for you.)

    Chere

    > I had a pair of gel gloves with the thumbs IN and the fingers OUT; they were excellent for grip
    > shifting. Unfortunately these gloves disappeared with my helmet a couple of months ago. Can anyone
    > direct me to a thumb IN, fingers OUT glove site?
    >
    > (If you're a glove manufacturer, I can tell you this style of glove is perfect for recumbent
    > riders; I'll bet they'd be a good seller for you.)

    I'm in the market for a pair too. Gel pads are un-necessary, But I do find the thumb in/fingers out
    style great for winter biking (here in Texas). My onliest pair now pushing 5 winters are starting to
    let my thumbs peak through. All I can find now are full fingered MTB gloves and winter (real winter)
    gloves with lots of insulation.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I have a paid made by specialized that I picked up at LBS. Probably depends if you are in a cold
    weather area if the LBS carry's them. Perfect for days that full gloves a little to warm

    Larry

  4. R not D
    --------
    "Larry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a paid made by specialized that I picked up at LBS. Probably
    depends
    > if you are in a cold weather area if the LBS carry's them. Perfect for
    days
    > that full gloves a little to warm
    >
    > Larry

  5. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Guess I'll have to buy a full finger glove and cut the tips out of the fingers... none to be found
    at "Specialized" or any of the others I've searched.

    Chere

  6. In article <[email protected]>, Cletus says...

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >> I had a pair of gel gloves with the thumbs IN and the fingers OUT; they were excellent for grip
    >> shifting. Unfortunately these gloves disappeared with my helmet a couple of months ago. Can
    >> anyone direct me to a thumb IN, fingers OUT glove site?
    >>
    >> (If you're a glove manufacturer, I can tell you this style of glove is perfect for recumbent
    >> riders; I'll bet they'd be a good seller for you.)
    >
    >I'm in the market for a pair too. Gel pads are un-necessary, But I do find the thumb in/fingers out
    >style great for winter biking (here in Texas). My onliest pair now pushing 5 winters are starting
    >to let my thumbs peak through. All I can find now are full fingered MTB gloves and winter (real
    >winter) gloves with lots of insulation.

    Guess I'm a little slow this morning guys, but could you explain just what you means by "thumbs IN
    and the fingers OUT"?

    Steve Christensen

  7. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Guess I'm a little slow this morning guys, but could you explain just what you means by "thumbs IN
    > and the fingers OUT"?

    There are traditional cycling gloves that have all fingers and thumbs exposed. There are full
    fingered gloves used to keep the hands warm that you see everywhere in a Michigan winter. There are
    full fingered gloves that MTB riders use to protect their dainty fingers from brush. Before these
    MTB Full finered gloves became popular, there were cycling gloves made with the thumbs covered
    (Thumbs in) and the fingers exposed (Fingers Out).

    Now where can I find some?

    - Bellaire, TX USA -