Glucose

I eat before, during, and after rides on the bicycle. I'll have a little sugar during these periods to keep energized, but I'm not above eating an entire burrito (I'm from San Diego) while on a longer ride. I don't get sick from eating a lot while riding for whatever reason. I'll drink a sports drink or two during a ride to keep hydrated and to give me a little extra boost, too.

What exactly is glucose? From what I know, it is sugar. It's funny because cyclists and bikers are supposed to be a healthy people and they eat healthy foods and drinks. But I prefer soda when I had spent my energy. It rejuvenates my body and the fatigue seems to go away. And it's not only me who is like that. When I was joining recreational tours in the nearby town, I would notice some other cyclists drinking soda during pit stops. They agree with me that soad, particularly Coke, gives us the spike of energy.

I eat before a ride to fuel me up and sugar definitely does that work for me. It is a matter of right timing as you can also eat in between and after the ride. I am not on a strict diet I love eating and a long ride will definitely make me crave for more food.

Here's a run down of the 3 types we are talking about here. Glucose, Fructose and Sucrose. There are a lot of misleading information out there. Even I must confess to have things wrong at times, but I hope this clears things up as to what glucose is. I have demonized carbs in general but we need to look at it closely and to see how carbs are broken up as well. Trying to avoid carbs all together is almost impossible. I eat a lot of eggs and there are carbs in there. But I don't eat flour, bread, noodles for my carbohydrate intake.

Got this from: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/difference-between-sucrose-glucose-fructose-8704.html

Glucose is a pre-digested carb diet. In other words, sugars, wheat, pasta, candies, cookies, fruits and so on would all convert to glucose as their end product and give us energy while burning in the presence of Insulin, a catalyst produced by body.

You take Glucose, when you need a quick burst of energy, when you are extremely weak due to strenuous activity or due to sickness and so on. It's NOT a good idea to take glucose after a spell of exercise or in normal circumstances. Glucose spikes up blood sugar levels and is detrimental to organ health in the longer run.

Just have normal food and beverages before and after a spell of exercise. Just my 2 cents though!

I take some juice before I go out cycling and this helps keep the thirst away. I have not tried anything like glucose and going by the thread here not many people use it. Would be interesting to try it out.

I forgot about the glucose. I use to carry tubes of that. Lol I can't imagine doing that now. Fructose is better for you right from real fruit. Fructose is what we need and bodies/brain run on. Sucrose and glucose is garbage. Sucrose will rot your teeth. They are just different versions of table sugar.

I forgot about the glucose. I use to carry tubes of that. Lol I can't imagine doing that now. Fructose is better for you right from real fruit. Fructose is what we need and bodies/brain run on. Sucrose and glucose is garbage. Sucrose will rot your teeth. They are just different versions of table sugar.

This is getting to be confusing to me. After learning what glucose is, well, sugar, right? now there is fructose and sucrose. Oh, I think I need to go back to school for general science or is it biology? Maybe chemistry? All I know about sugar is the sweets particularly candies which I always have when I travel. I hate to admit but candies give me a sort of energy especially when I am in a long trip.

What exactly is glucose? From what I know, it is sugar. It's funny because cyclists and bikers are supposed to be a healthy people and they eat healthy foods and drinks. But I prefer soda when I had spent my energy. It rejuvenates my body and the fatigue seems to go away. And it's not only me who is like that. When I was joining recreational tours in the nearby town, I would notice some other cyclists drinking soda during pit stops. They agree with me that soad, particularly Coke, gives us the spike of energy.

Glucose is the end product in our body of all types of carbohydrate that we consumed. Potato, chips, french fries, honey, rice all are converted into glucose in our body, at least the carbohydrate part.
I don't think you should take coke at a regular pace. It has bad sugars, unhealthy glucose to be more specific. You won't want them inside your body. They are simply excreted without providing anything beneficial effects to our body.

Whenever that I think of riding, all I always do is take some food like beans, eggs and milk that are rich in protein as they are the only way that I am going to be able to make everything work pretty fine at the end.

I take some juice before I go out cycling and this helps keep the thirst away. I have not tried anything like glucose and going by the thread here not many people use it. Would be interesting to try it out.

The juice that you always take seems the best to me as it is going to help to control your thirst unlike what we have with the other ones such as taking glucose. Also, another way to enjoy your riding experience.

This is getting to be confusing to me. After learning what glucose is, well, sugar, right? now there is fructose and sucrose. Oh, I think I need to go back to school for general science or is it biology? Maybe chemistry? All I know about sugar is the sweets particularly candies which I always have when I travel. I hate to admit but candies give me a sort of energy especially when I am in a long trip.
I eat before, during, and after rides on the bicycle. I'll have a little sugar during these periods to keep energized, but I'm not above eating an entire burrito (I'm from San Diego) while on a longer ride. I don't get sick from eating a lot while riding for whatever reason. I'll drink a sports drink or two during a ride to keep hydrated and to give me a little extra boost, too.

I eat before, during, and after rides on the bicycle. I'll have a little sugar during these periods to keep Sarkari Result TurboTax Gogoanime energized, but I'm not above eating an entire burrito (I'm from San Diego) while on a longer ride. I don't get sick from eating a lot while riding for whatever reason. I'll drink a sports drink or two during a ride to keep hydrated and to give me a little extra boost, too.