Glucosomine & MSM

Glucosamine has effect mainly on cartilage although some "research" shows some effect on tendons as well. MSM has slightly better record of helping with tendonitis. MSM is a pretty benign supplement & can be taken in larger doses, up to 4-6 gms (4000-6000mg) daily. Space the doses out throughout the day , not taking them all at once. I've had really good results with Serrapeptidase (also known as Serrapeptase, Seralyn.) It's a proteolytic enzyme however it does have a side effect profile broader than most supplements. Do NOT exceed 60,000 units a day &, again, space it out throughout the day. I've also had great results with ultrasound. An affordable, high quality portable unit is the US Pro 2000. You can find on ebay. Be VERY on about how to use the unit if you've never had ultra sound before. Do NOT exceed the max treatment time & keep the unit moving over the area. In short, read the instruction manual if you buy one. More of anything is seldom better. Stick to known therapeutic doses. Ice & rest as well. Patience above all

Reactions: Veronique Velo
Just wanted to chime in to say thanks to Torostar - I've had horrendous knee problems and always went to an expensive physiotherapist for ultrasound treatment. It never occured to me that it could be something I could learn about and administer myself.