Gluing tubulars.

leestevens

Dec 15, 2004
A quick question, can a glue such as Tarzan Grip or similar be used to glue a tubular? or am i better off waiting for tubular cement. A bloke at my cycling club said he was going to use some Bostick (strong glue) for a tyre. Thanks.:)

leestevens said:
A quick question, can a glue such as Tarzan Grip or similar be used to glue a tubular? or am i better off waiting for tubular cement. A bloke at my cycling club said he was going to use some Bostick (strong glue) for a tyre. Thanks.:)
Some use 3M fast-tack.

As I have advocated many times before on this forum buy tub tape. Less messy than cement(glue) and works just as well. Must be a UK thing.

leestevens said:
Use the Tuffo glue tape. Works very well, installes with ease and can be ridden right a way. Tuffo web site even has a quick time video on how to install the tape and tires.

I have used the tape for a year now after years of Conti glue and swear by it.