Glutton for punishment...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by cathyxyz, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Thought, what the hell....

    Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    Please note:

    Was too tired to "garnish" it... sorry
    I did remember to "wipe the plate" - like the flowers?
    The "brown stuff" is ground beef - or "mystery meat" <Cathy waves to
    Sheldon>
    The "red thing in the middle" is a piece of cherry tomato
    The "black thing" next to the "red thing" is a piece of chopped
    mushroom stem - think the grill was a bit hot...
    The "white bits" are pieces of onion (didn't have any shallots - so
    added chopped garlic)
    The "orange bits" are cheese
    There is spinach and fresh basil in there somewhere, but you can't see
    it
    Likewise for the chopped fresh ginger
    It was taken with the flash on
    The grey backround is my counter-top

    BTW, The onion, spinach, tomato and basil were home grown (maybe that
    will earn me a few brownie points?)

    If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to call
    :)

    Oh, almost forgot here's the link:

    www.cathy.co.za/shroom.html

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

    Tags:

  2. cathyxyz wrote:
    > Thought, what the hell....
    >
    > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    <snip>

    looks good to me!

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thought, what the hell....
    >
    > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.
    >
    > Please note:
    >
    > Was too tired to "garnish" it... sorry
    > I did remember to "wipe the plate" - like the flowers?
    > The "brown stuff" is ground beef - or "mystery meat" <Cathy waves to
    > Sheldon>
    > The "red thing in the middle" is a piece of cherry tomato
    > The "black thing" next to the "red thing" is a piece of chopped
    > mushroom stem - think the grill was a bit hot...
    > The "white bits" are pieces of onion (didn't have any shallots - so
    > added chopped garlic)
    > The "orange bits" are cheese
    > There is spinach and fresh basil in there somewhere, but you can't see
    > it
    > Likewise for the chopped fresh ginger
    > It was taken with the flash on
    > The grey backround is my counter-top
    >
    > BTW, The onion, spinach, tomato and basil were home grown (maybe that
    > will earn me a few brownie points?)
    >
    > If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to call
    > :)
    >
    > Oh, almost forgot here's the link:
    >
    > www.cathy.co.za/shroom.html
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

    Ah, you did the Portabello. :)

    Looks delicious, well done!!!!!
    --
    Peace, Om.

  4. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > Ah, you did the Portabello. :)
    >
    > Looks delicious, well done!!!!!

    Thank *you* for giving me the rec. Second time we have had them and
    they were good. And DH even ate them with cheese in - he does not
    usually like cheese - except feta. It's so nice to be able to get fresh
    "stuff" from the garden - it really improves the taste.

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  5. T

    T Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > cathyxyz wrote:
    > > Thought, what the hell....
    > >
    > > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    > <snip>
    >
    > looks good to me!

    BTW - once again kudos on your food blog. It has now made it to my
    special folder on my toolbar.

  6. jay

    jay Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:59 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    > Thought, what the hell....
    >
    > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    I love mushrooms..nice!

    > www.cathy.co.za/shroom.html

    My browser does not know this is a link..maybe it needs the http://
    I have to cut and paste it into the browser..could be just me.

    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >

    > > Ah, you did the Portabello. :)
    > >
    > > Looks delicious, well done!!!!!

    > Thank *you* for giving me the rec. Second time we have had them and
    > they were good. And DH even ate them with cheese in - he does not
    > usually like cheese - except feta. It's so nice to be able to get fresh
    > "stuff" from the garden - it really improves the taste.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

    I know what you mean. :)

    I really really need to get more basil started.....
    --
    Peace, Om.

  8. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    jay wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:59 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:
    >
    > > Thought, what the hell....
    > >
    > > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    > I love mushrooms..nice!
    >
    > > www.cathy.co.za/shroom.html

    > My browser does not know this is a link..maybe it needs the http://
    > I have to cut and paste it into the browser..could be just me.

    That's odd. What browser you using?

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  9. T wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >
    >>cathyxyz wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thought, what the hell....
    >>>
    >>>Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>looks good to me!
    >>

    > BTW - once again kudos on your food blog. It has now made it to my
    > special folder on my toolbar.

    aww... :) I try to post every day, but there are only so many dishes one
    can cook without repeating a few here and there :)

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  10. On Mon 27 Feb 2006 08:33:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it cathyxyz?

    > jay wrote:
    >> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:59 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thought, what the hell....
    >> >
    >> > Here's a pic of (one of) the stuffed 'shrooms we had tonight.

    >> I love mushrooms..nice!
    >>
    >> > www.cathy.co.za/shroom.html

    >> My browser does not know this is a link..maybe it needs the http://
    >> I have to cut and paste it into the browser..could be just me.

    > That's odd. What browser you using?

    That is odd. In most cases, including this one, I don't even need the
    "www".

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o

    BIOYA