gmail invites

Ryan Case

Guest
I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?

Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

Lurker

Martha Focker

Guest
Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

"Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces, but
>I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>
> Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
>
> Lurker

Hawgman

Guest
"Martha Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

Wasting, hell, I have given them to everyone I know, and still have so many
that google won't give me anymore. I have even donated them on that yahoo
group page ( 10 at a time, several times ).

Carmen

Guest
Hi,
> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
> >otherplaces, but
> >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
> >
> > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
Google wants. :)

Take care,
Carmen

Martha Focker

Guest
Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
family and relatives....

"Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
>> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
>> >otherplaces, but
>> >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>> >
>> > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

> Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
> of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
> Google wants. :)
>
> Take care,
> Carmen

Martha Focker

Guest
Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
family and relatives....

"Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
>> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
>> >otherplaces, but
>> >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>> >
>> > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

> Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
> of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
> Google wants. :)
>
> Take care,
> Carmen

Runner?

Guest
"Martha Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
> probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
> family and relatives....

man, people are going to praying for tsunamis.

> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Hi,
>>> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

>> Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
>> of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
>> Google wants. :)
>>
>> Take care,
>> Carmen

Jacintha

Guest
Ryan Case wrote:
> I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
> but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>
> Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
>
> Lurker

Hey, I'd take one!
[email protected]

Xtile

Guest
Martha Focker wrote:
> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each.
Everyone I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am
being generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not
many people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy
BBs, and in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.

Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.

Xtile

Xtile

Guest
Carmen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>"Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
>>>otherplaces, but
>>>I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>>>
>>>Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

>>Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

> Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
> of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
> Google wants. :)
>
> Take care,
> Carmen

I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have ever
seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now. Beyond
that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email clients go. I
love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

Per Elmsäter

Guest
Xtile wrote:
> I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
> ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
> Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
> clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
engine available?

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Xtile

Guest
Per Elmsäter wrote:
> Xtile wrote:
>
>>I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
>>ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
>>Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
>>clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

> When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
> do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
> engine available?

it arranges everything regular style. I wisht hey would design their
own offline reader program....

Xtile

Guest
Per Elmsäter wrote:
> Xtile wrote:
>
>>I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
>>ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
>>Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
>>clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

> When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
> do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
> engine available?

it arranges everything regular style. I wisht hey would design their
own offline reader program....

Another nobody

Guest
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:15:59 -0800, Ryan Case <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
>but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>
>Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
>
>Lurker

I've been looking for one and would love to have one.

creinha1 (at) rochester.rr.com

Hawgman

Guest
YGM
"Another nobody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:15:59 -0800, Ryan Case <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
>>but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
>>
>>Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
>>
>>Lurker

> I've been looking for one and would love to have one.
>
> creinha1 (at) rochester.rr.com

Ada Ma

Guest
Xtile wrote:

> Martha Focker wrote:
>
>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
>>

> I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
> accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each.
> Everyone I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am
> being generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not
> many people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy
> BBs, and in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
>
> Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
>
> Xtile

I've got six to share.

email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com

put asdlc on the subject line.

patte

Guest
I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
What's a G-mail invite?

Patte

"Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Xtile wrote:
>
>> Martha Focker wrote:
>>
>>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
>>>

>> I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
>> accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each. Everyone
>> I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am being
>> generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not many
>> people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy BBs, and
>> in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
>>
>> Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
>>
>> Xtile

> I've got six to share.
>
> email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com
>
> put asdlc on the subject line.

patte

Guest
I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
What's a G-mail invite?

Patte

"Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Xtile wrote:
>
>> Martha Focker wrote:
>>
>>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
>>>

>> I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
>> accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each. Everyone
>> I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am being
>> generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not many
>> people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy BBs, and
>> in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
>>
>> Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
>>
>> Xtile

> I've got six to share.
>
> email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com
>
> put asdlc on the subject line.

Tracey

Guest
"patte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
> customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
> What's a G-mail invite?

G-Mail is a web based mail run by Google. Its free, has a bigger limit on
how much email you can keep in your box than other services like Yahoo, and
is still in beta-testing, apparently. If you want to register yourself for
an account, you have to get an 'invite' from someone who already has an
account (Google seemingly randomly adds the ability to invite people).

When (or if?) it will ever get out of betatesting and into full release is
anyone's guess.