gmail invites

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ryan Case, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Ryan Case

    Ryan Case Guest

    I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
    but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?

    Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

    Lurker

    Tags:

  2. Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces, but
    >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >
    > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
    >
    > Lurker

  3. Hawgman

    Hawgman Guest

    "Martha Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    Wasting, hell, I have given them to everyone I know, and still have so many
    that google won't give me anymore. I have even donated them on that yahoo
    group page ( 10 at a time, several times ).

  4. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi,
    > "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
    > >otherplaces, but
    > >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    > >
    > > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

    > Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
    of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
    Google wants. :)

    Take care,
    Carmen

  5. Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
    probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
    family and relatives....

    "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
    >> >otherplaces, but
    >> >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >> >
    >> > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

    >> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    > Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
    > of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
    > Google wants. :)
    >
    > Take care,
    > Carmen

  6. Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
    probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
    family and relatives....

    "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
    >> >otherplaces, but
    >> >I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >> >
    >> > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

    >> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    > Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
    > of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
    > Google wants. :)
    >
    > Take care,
    > Carmen

  7. Runner?

    Runner? Guest

    "Martha Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Heh, maybe we should invite or "donate" to the users in Asia....they
    > probably need it more than anyone so they can keep in touch with their
    > family and relatives....

    man, people are going to praying for tsunamis.

    > "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hi,
    >>> "Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    >> Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
    >> of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
    >> Google wants. :)
    >>
    >> Take care,
    >> Carmen

  8. Jacintha

    Jacintha Guest

    Ryan Case wrote:
    > I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
    > but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >
    > Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
    >
    > Lurker

    Hey, I'd take one!
    [email protected]

  9. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Martha Focker wrote:
    > Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
    accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each.
    Everyone I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am
    being generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not
    many people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy
    BBs, and in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.

    Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.

    Xtile

  10. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Carmen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >>"Ryan Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and
    >>>otherplaces, but
    >>>I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >>>
    >>>Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..

    >>Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???

    > Supply appears to now be outstripping demand. The exponential nature
    > of the invite system almost assured it would eventually - as I'm sure
    > Google wants. :)
    >
    > Take care,
    > Carmen

    I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have ever
    seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now. Beyond
    that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email clients go. I
    love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

  11. Xtile wrote:
    > I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
    > ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
    > Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
    > clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

    When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
    do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
    engine available?

    --
    Perre
    I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

  12. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Per Elmsäter wrote:
    > Xtile wrote:
    >
    >>I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
    >>ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
    >>Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
    >>clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

    > When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
    > do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
    > engine available?

    it arranges everything regular style. I wisht hey would design their
    own offline reader program....

  13. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Per Elmsäter wrote:
    > Xtile wrote:
    >
    >>I think it is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have
    >>ever seen. who knows how many gmail accounts are out there now.
    >>Beyond that, Gmail is the bees knees as far as web based email
    >>clients go. I love my gmail! :) Oh, and it does POP too.

    > When you use the POP option, does it still keep the messages in threads or
    > do you lose out on that functionality as well as not having the search
    > engine available?

    it arranges everything regular style. I wisht hey would design their
    own offline reader program....

  14. On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:15:59 -0800, Ryan Case <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
    >but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >
    >Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
    >
    >Lurker

    I've been looking for one and would love to have one.

    creinha1 (at) rochester.rr.com

  15. Hawgman

    Hawgman Guest

    YGM
    "Another nobody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:15:59 -0800, Ryan Case <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I know that this has been done to death on both usenet and otherplaces,
    >>but I have quite a few of these to get rid of. Anyone want/need one?
    >>
    >>Sorry for the crosspost, but you know lazy and all..
    >>
    >>Lurker

    > I've been looking for one and would love to have one.
    >
    > creinha1 (at) rochester.rr.com

  16. James

    James Guest

    You got mail? Damn some people are too lazy to type anything.

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 14:50:16 -0600, "Hawgman" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >YGM

  17. Ada Ma

    Ada Ma Guest

    Xtile wrote:

    > Martha Focker wrote:
    >
    >> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
    >>

    > I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
    > accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each.
    > Everyone I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am
    > being generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not
    > many people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy
    > BBs, and in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
    >
    > Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
    >
    > Xtile

    I've got six to share.

    email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com

    put asdlc on the subject line.

  18. patte

    patte Guest

    I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
    customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
    What's a G-mail invite?

    Patte

    "Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Xtile wrote:
    >
    >> Martha Focker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
    >>>

    >> I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
    >> accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each. Everyone
    >> I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am being
    >> generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not many
    >> people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy BBs, and
    >> in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
    >>
    >> Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
    >>
    >> Xtile

    > I've got six to share.
    >
    > email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com
    >
    > put asdlc on the subject line.

  19. patte

    patte Guest

    I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
    customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
    What's a G-mail invite?

    Patte

    "Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Xtile wrote:
    >
    >> Martha Focker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why are people wasting their G-Mail invites???
    >>>

    >> I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
    >> accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each. Everyone
    >> I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am being
    >> generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not many
    >> people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy BBs, and
    >> in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
    >>
    >> Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
    >>
    >> Xtile

    > I've got six to share.
    >
    > email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com
    >
    > put asdlc on the subject line.

  20. Tracey

    Tracey Guest

    "patte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
    > customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
    > What's a G-mail invite?

    G-Mail is a web based mail run by Google. Its free, has a bigger limit on
    how much email you can keep in your box than other services like Yahoo, and
    is still in beta-testing, apparently. If you want to register yourself for
    an account, you have to get an 'invite' from someone who already has an
    account (Google seemingly randomly adds the ability to invite people).

    When (or if?) it will ever get out of betatesting and into full release is
    anyone's guess.