gmail invites

"patte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
> customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
> What's a G-mail invite?

G-Mail is a web based mail run by Google. Its free, has a bigger limit on
how much email you can keep in your box than other services like Yahoo, and
is still in beta-testing, apparently. If you want to register yourself for
an account, you have to get an 'invite' from someone who already has an
account (Google seemingly randomly adds the ability to invite people).

When (or if?) it will ever get out of betatesting and into full release is
anyone's guess.

it has a great feature called "flagging".

instead of sticking your emails into differeing folders you can flag an email
with several flags.

so e.g. you are a friend with your work colleague John. and you work on several
different projects with John. You guys work on baking muffins, lifting weights,
and you go swimming together as well. so you can have the following flags:

John
Muffins
Weights
Swimming

Now since you've flagged your messages from John, you can be very specific on
what messages from John you're looking for. So if you're looking for that
blueberry muffin recipe from John you won't need to look through the other
stuffs sent to you by John to find the recipe.

patte wrote:

> I never even heard of G-Mail until the other day when I had to ask a
> customer of mine for an e-mail address to add to his contact information.
> What's a G-mail invite?
>
> Patte
>
> "Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Xtile wrote:

>>>I've gotten several batches of invites since I got my gmail. I have two
>>>accounts for myself and every few weeks get 4-7 invites on each. Everyone
>>>I know physically et al has one if they wanted one. So I am being
>>>generous and giving them away as I get them. Surprisingly, not many
>>>people end up asking for them. I posted my offer on a few busy BBs, and
>>>in two busy NGs. Took 4 days to get rid of 7 invites.
>>>
>>>Sorry, all gone now though. A few people here got some though.
>>>
>>>Xtile

>>I've got six to share.
>>
>>email me at pec187 (a) gmail (dot) com
>>
>>put asdlc on the subject line.

I've been looking for a gmail invite
ditto157atYAHOOdotCOM

news:[email protected]...

DZ wrote:
> Swabbie <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I've been looking for a gmail invite ditto157atYAHOOdotCOM

> I've already shared my first bunch with fr13n4s. Now I feel a part of
> a big DNA-tagging futuristic evil conspiracy to rob me of privacy of
> my own genes. I was discussing academic jobs issues via gmail with a
> freshly graduated friend who is now looking for jobs.
>
> Apparently very relevant links with academic openings were
> "non-intrudingly" appearing alongside the emails, threatening to
> influence the career path of said friend. Were that sneer quotes? I'm
> really not sure.
>
> Mind-boggling questions spring to mind. What is the expected number
> and the variance of gmail invites separating two randomly selected
> gmail users?
>
> DZ

By George!!! He's got it.
I just went through my gmail archive and YES. There were ads on the right
hand margin related to key words in the text. When I opened another mail
discussing other topics the ads changed to follow the topics.
I've been wondering for a while what's in this for Google. Now I know ROTFL

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Hi Ryan Case....u wrote that u had some gmail invite things...if u
still have...could I get one.

Thanks Wicc.