Road Cycling · Public discussion

Go Frog-Gigging, Lance!

Started by Garrison Hilliard · · Last activity · 52 posts · 2,301 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
7 September 2005
Last activity
10 September 2005
Original author
Garrison Hilliard
Posts
52
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,301
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 52
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thanks BL!
    However, I do not see ONE SINGLE THING you actually DO for the sport.
    many others here do, you merely seem to be a detractor. You CERTAINLY
    come across that way; with no RBR friends I may add.

    no?

    -Ken

  2. "k.papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks BL!
    However, I do not see ONE SINGLE THING you actually DO for the sport.
    many others here do, you merely seem to be a detractor. You CERTAINLY
    come across that way; with no RBR friends I may add.

    no?

    -Ken


    Snore

  3. Jim Flom said:

    "chiefhiawatha" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hard to run for political office when you have no college degree.

    A college degree is a prerequisite for running for political office?

    I'm not sure the ability to breathe is a prerequisite for most City
    Council positions.

  4. "k.papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks BL!
    However, I do not see ONE SINGLE THING you actually DO for the sport.
    many others here do, you merely seem to be a detractor. You CERTAINLY
    come across that way; with no RBR friends I may add.

    Ken, I have to apologize for Brian here. I see I've created a monster.
    he's obsessing on the boring snore thing almost as much as he's obsessing in
    LANCE. Maybe he's got a sleep disorder. Or perhaps a sleeping giant, or
    sleeping beauty. As far as friends goes, you might be wrong. He could be
    another friend of Bill's.

    JF

    --
    I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones
    among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found
    how to serve.
    -- Albert Schweitzer

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

  5. Maggie <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :> Roger Zoul wrote:
    :>> Wrong....it is primarily because of cycling combined with beating
    :>> cancer. No one wants to hear about training, true, but drug, sex,
    :>> and rock & roll creates interest.
    :>
    :>
    :> It does not create interest.....Americans thrive on it.

    What?

  6. "B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "k.papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks BL!
    However, I do not see ONE SINGLE THING you actually DO for the sport.
    many others here do, you merely seem to be a detractor. You CERTAINLY
    come across that way; with no RBR friends I may add.

    no?

    -Ken


    Snore

    It'll take more than that to blunt the damning assay of rbr pundits. As
    a complete [censored], Lafferty chose a profession where this handicap
    is/was advantageous. Lafferty is baffled by the obvious yet possesses a
    complete understanding of the nonexistent. He shouldn't be trusted with
    anything more complicated than twist top bottles or female genitalia. To
    say he knows nothing is to give him credit for intelligence vastly
    beyond his demonstrated capacities. A lesser mentality wouldn't have the
    wattage to breath.

    Phil H

  7. Roger Zoul said:

    Maggie <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :> Roger Zoul wrote:
    :>> Wrong....it is primarily because of cycling combined with beating
    :>> cancer. No one wants to hear about training, true, but drug, sex,
    :>> and rock & roll creates interest.
    :>
    :>
    :> It does not create interest.....Americans thrive on it.

    What?

    You have just entered.... THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

    Do you know how many pancakes you can fit into a doghouse?

    1296.

    Do you know why?

    Because ice cream doesn't have hair.

    (que eerie music)

  8. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Maggie said:
    Garrison Hilliard said:

    The prospect of a possible comeback overshadowed news of Armstrong's engagement
    to rock star Sheryl Crow. No wedding date has been set, although it is likely to
    be a spring ceremony.

    I'm tired of hearing about Lance Armstrong and his engagement and now
    his decision to do another TdF to end the drug rumors. I don't think
    Lance is going to go quietly into any goodnight. He is happy in the
    spotlight if you ask me, and he intends to stay there. I wish he
    would just get married and get involved in some much needed causes to
    benefit the United States. Or run for political office or something.
    In the whole scheme of things, who the heck cares who he is marrying,
    why he is marrying her and what the French think about him. Why
    doesn't he just move on into a new phase of his life. Go out in a
    blaze of glory.
    Maggie

    You and I know how to manage change, but guess what? Armstrong does not.

    --
    Michael Press

  9. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    k.papai said:

    I would wake up Brian and quit telling him to "shut up!" (and post in
    English) if he would make such a noble effort.

    =Ken=
    (didn't Harry S. Truman not have a complete college education?)

    Harry S Truman

    "You can look it up."
    --Casey Stengel

    --
    Michael Press

  10. rdclark said:

    The fact that Armstrong is that one-in-a-million perfect confluence of
    athlete and sport is galling to the haters, who simply can't accept
    that they (or their national favorites) will never be as good as he is

    Who's the hater, when it only take only one magazine article to turn
    Armstrong from someone who loves the country of the TdF into someone
    only willing to "[censored] the French".
    It can only show the hypocrite he is, the truth is there: he's only
    running the most famous race for his fame, and deep inside he's just a
    selfish hater.

    Simon

  11. Simon said:
    rdclark said:

    The fact that Armstrong is that one-in-a-million perfect confluence
    of athlete and sport is galling to the haters, who simply can't
    accept that they (or their national favorites) will never be as good
    as he is

    Who's the hater, when it only take only one magazine article to turn
    Armstrong from someone who loves the country of the TdF into someone
    only willing to "[censored] the French".
    It can only show the hypocrite he is, the truth is there: he's only
    running the most famous race for his fame, and deep inside he's just a
    selfish hater.

    He's said for years it was a "love-hate" relationship with the French, so
    where's the hypocrisy?

  12. I only hate Football and NASCAR, moron! I love soccer. European love
    soccer.
    Franch love soccer. Italian love soccer. Brit love soccer.

    You wanna talk about White Penis Power on Football and NASCAR???

  13. I'm not sure thrive is a right word. Poisoning is a right world.

    Ask what did Lance Armstrong done to public? Nothing. He only appeared
    in commerical magazine for drug companay by receiving ton of money
    while stupid people got poisoned with Lance's fame.

  14. Dumbass!. TdF is a french race. He has to love TdF.

  15. D. Ferguson said:

    You have just entered.... THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

    I've been in the Twilight Zone all my life. Weird eerie music in on
    repeat plan in my twisted mind.

    Maggie

  16. "Jim Flom " <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:cwMTe.218747$9A2.158726@edtnps89...

    Quoted message said:

    "k.papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks BL!
    However, I do not see ONE SINGLE THING you actually DO for the sport.
    many others here do, you merely seem to be a detractor. You CERTAINLY
    come across that way; with no RBR friends I may add.

    Ken, I have to apologize for Brian here. I see I've created a monster.
    he's obsessing on the boring snore thing almost as much as he's obsessing
    in LANCE. Maybe he's got a sleep disorder. Or perhaps a sleeping giant,
    or sleeping beauty. As far as friends goes, you might be wrong. He could
    be another friend of Bill's.

    JF

    --
    I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only
    ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and
    found how to serve.
    -- Albert Schweitzer

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

    Snore.

  17. Maggie said:

    Lance is making more news as a cancer survivor and as Mr. Sheryl than
    he is as a cyclist nowadays. Really. Whenever he is in the news, it
    is about his upcoming marriage, his supposed drug use, and the way he
    beat cancer. I very rarely see anything about his training or anything
    related to his training or anything bicycle related. Its Sheryl, drugs,
    will he run for politics, why the French hate him, did he use drugs,
    did he get captured by aliens who gave him super human strength and all
    that other tabloid [censored].

    So why do you blame Lance for the actions of the tabloid press?

    Jasper

  18. Simon said:
    rdclark said:

    The fact that Armstrong is that one-in-a-million perfect confluence of
    athlete and sport is galling to the haters, who simply can't accept
    that they (or their national favorites) will never be as good as he is

    Who's the hater, when it only take only one magazine article to turn
    Armstrong from someone who loves the country of the TdF into someone
    only willing to "[censored] the French".

    He was talking about the French media, not the French in general.

    Quoted message said:

    It can only show the hypocrite he is, the truth is there: he's only
    running the most famous race for his fame, and deep inside he's just a
    selfish hater.

    Errrrr, would you consider yourself a "selfish hater" if a particular
    country's media spent the better part of a decade making unsupportable
    claims about your drug use? Would you be a "selfish hater" if you
    thought pissing off that country's media would be fun?

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $795 ti frame

  19. Dans le message de news:[email hidden],
    Mark Hickey <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:

    Errrrr, would you consider yourself a "selfish hater" if a particular
    country's media spent the better part of a decade making unsupportable
    claims about your drug use?

    Mickey - Armstrong is a small, seasonal aberration in our press. Maybe on
    this forum, there is more interest. The French are much more politically
    oriented, and the only relationship Armstrong has is that he brings
    tourists. So a footnote in the Economics sections.

    Quoted message said:

    Would you be a "selfish hater" if you
    thought pissing off that country's media would be fun?


    Don't know - but certainly, inelegant.

  20. Garrison Hilliard said:

    Armstrong considering comeback to rile French

    So what's with the hate-on for the French that I'm seeing in a bunch of
    the cycling newsgroups? I've cycled in France, and I can tell you I've
    never met a nicer bunch of people - especially on the roads. As far as
    cycling goes, there's a population that respects cycling as an activity
    and as a means of transportation. Better than here in North America where
    we get shouted down by motorists on a regular basis.

    --
    Ron McKinnon ron.mckinnon
    spam > [email hidden] at sympatico
    http://www.magma.ca/~ronmck dot ca

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.