Go Kloden!

what has me perplexed is the discount the pharmacy gave to the good doctors. making me re-examine the notion that only the "rich" riders can afford the gear theory. i wonder if this is a manifestation of dope dealer to the famous or a simple matter of economics for the pharmacist.

Question remains what was the UCI doing ? It was ASO who pulled Basso & Ullrich and still the T-Mobile guys had no problems transfusing. There had to be deals going on. Like it was said the rich teams can afford the pay offs. Didn't the UCI say after 1998 that doping was a minor indivdual practise & that organized doping no longer exsisted ? Yeah right.

Cobblestones said:
kennf, you're absolutely right. I found it here.

Geez Armstrong must have been on a lot of gear. 3 stages in a row and beating the best doping prepared team in the world T-Mobile all on his own !

jimmypop said:
Actually, you're just a motherfucking chump.

You can hide behind semantics and ignore the obvious, but at some point reality has to set it: these guys dope. Nearly all of them do it. If you're saying that's OK, then fine. But if you're arguing that they absolutely clean because they haven't been caught, then you're - you guessed it - a motherfucking chump.

I consider myself a liberal, and it pains me to take this position, but this sport is dirty to the core at the professional level. I'm almost ready to consider all top riders dirty until proven otherwise. No one at the top levels - be it riders, managers, owners, or organizers - has done anything to earn my trust on the subject of doping.

The only part I don't buy into is the "conspiracy theory" portion. I know they're not all clean - I also know they're not all dirty.

If in your mind they're all dirty that's fine but don't go calling me a mother ****ing chump because I dont jump at every if/but/maybe/possibly/probably/allegedly chance to crucify a pro cyclist.

Apparently there's more positive doping tests coming out of Beijing. 8 months after the games have finished they found 6 more athletes using CERA (they don't say who it is, not even what they were competing in), so probably not cycling but who knows.

limerickman said:
Has that been confirmed?

Gazzetta wouldn't publish unless it was certain I suppose.

Not confirmed by the IOC but the Italian cycling federation has confirmed. Geez Gerosteiner was one filthy team. How could they keep taking CERA after the Tour ??!!! The UCI has to test the Giro samples now.

whiteboytrash said:
How could they keep taking CERA after the Tour ??!!! The UCI has to test the Giro samples now.
Very good point. If there were still 6 positives on CERA found AFTER the Tour scandals, imagine how many they would find during last year's Giro !!! Then again, UCI have already commented and refused this one.

2 cyclists (inc Rebellin), 3 track and field (including a gold medallist apparently), and fruck me, a weightlifter!!!!!

Eldron said:
So I've been a Kloden fan for years and always thought of him as a bad luck rider (injuries, being 2nd to Jan, getting sick at the wrong times etc).

Nice to see he is back on form and won the short TT at Trentino.

I'd like to see him do something spectacular in his final year(s)?

Pity he's in Astana with Lancey and Contey...
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss