Go Kloden!

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
So I've been a Kloden fan for years and always thought of him as a bad luck rider (injuries, being 2nd to Jan, getting sick at the wrong times etc).

Nice to see he is back on form and won the short TT at Trentino.

I'd like to see him do something spectacular in his final year(s)?

Pity he's in Astana with Lancey and Contey...

Some poster at Bikeforums reckons Kloden has problems with the bio-passport and the news will break shortly. The poster could be an old friend of ours........

classic1 said:
Some poster at Bikeforums reckons Kloden has problems with the bio-passport and the news will break shortly. The poster could be an old friend of ours........

Fortunately I'm an "innocent until proven guilty" kinda guy so I really don't.

Eldron said:
Unfortunately, though, this rumours have an uncanny tendency to bear fruit. Supposedly, Der Spiegel is going to be doing a piece in the coming days revealing Kloden has been picked out by the Biopassport, and he's allegedly not the only Astana rider under the microscope...

Wayne666 said:
Unfortunately, though, this rumours have an uncanny tendency to bear fruit. Supposedly, Der Spiegel is going to be doing a piece in the coming days revealing Kloden has been picked out by the Biopassport, and he's allegedly not the only Astana rider under the microscope...
If they want to get Kloden then they just have to ask Freiberg to give up the names of the riders who went with Sinkewitz to get transfusions in the early days of the 2006 TdF.

I find it hard to believe the UCI will go after any of Bruyneel's riders. The fix has been in on that for a long time, even though it is blatently obvious what is going on. Jeebus, Leipheimer in his mid 30s is riding two steps above where he was in his upper 20s. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Bro Deal said:
If they want to get Kloden then they just have to ask Freiberg to give up the names of the riders who went with Sinkewitz to get transfusions in the early days of the 2006 TdF.

I find it hard to believe the UCI will go after any of Bruyneel's riders. The fix has been in on that for a long time, even though it is blatently obvious what is going on. Jeebus, Leipheimer in his mid 30s is riding two steps above where he was in his upper 20s. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Exactly right. Sinkewitz can shut down Kloden, Rogers and a few others if he wants.

And that is very true about Leipheimer. But yes, none of the hogs riders will be targetted by the UCI. If you want further proof about doping on that team look at Popovych and Zubeldia's performance in July and possibly May.

Wayne666 said:

If they remove all the bolded words from your statement I will add the man to my **** list but until then he remains a firm favourite of mine.

I really can't understand people's will to find everyone guilty. It's almost as if nobody will be happy until the UCI has sanctioned the entire peleton...

Eldron said:
If they remove all the bolded words from your statement I will add the man to my **** list but until then he remains a firm favourite of mine.

I really can't understand people's will to find everyone guilty. It's almost as if nobody will be happy until the UCI has sanctioned the entire peleton...
I wouldn't add him to my **** list if gets caught and then doesn't treat us like a bunch of dim-witted hoopleheads like Tyler, Landis or Armstrong do. Doping is almost certainly still part of the game played by nearly everyone at the top, prior to the last couple of years it was certainly part of the game played by everyone at the top.

I like reality, the simple reality is that Kloden, like almost every other big rider almost certainly was and quite likely is still playing the duck and dodge game. The other reality is these sorts of rumours almost always end up being true. Making being clean a qualification for being a fan of big cycling rider is a sure-fire recipe for disappointment. I'm unconvinced we've yet to see a clean rider achieve much of anything worth talking about. Sure it's no longer the wild west, but I don't think anyone winning classics or big stage races is doing so on "bread and water" alone.

Eldron said:
Actually, you're just a motherfucking chump.

You can hide behind semantics and ignore the obvious, but at some point reality has to set it: these guys dope. Nearly all of them do it. If you're saying that's OK, then fine. But if you're arguing that they absolutely clean because they haven't been caught, then you're - you guessed it - a motherfucking chump.

I consider myself a liberal, and it pains me to take this position, but this sport is dirty to the core at the professional level. I'm almost ready to consider all top riders dirty until proven otherwise. No one at the top levels - be it riders, managers, owners, or organizers - has done anything to earn my trust on the subject of doping.

RdBiker said:
Doesn't this concern the 2006 affair and not something related to the blood passport?

It does, but hear that.....splat!!!!? Its the sound of the **** finally hitting the fan

Andreas Klöden and Matthias Kessler are said to have received blood transfusions at the Freiburg University Clinic after the start of the 2006 Tour de France, along with Patrik Sinkewitz. The German news magazine Spiegel reported Saturday that the independent commission looking into organized doping at Team T-Mobile/Telekom reached this conclusion in its not-yet released report.

The report further stated that doctors Lothar Heinrich and Andreas Schmid set up and operated a program of illegal doping for the German team from 1995 to at least 2006. The doctors have admitted to providing doping up until 1999, which put them under the statute of limitations.

Klöden and Kessler are said to have ridden with Sinkewitz and his girlfriend to the Clinic on the evening of July 2, 2006, the evening of the first stage of the Tour de France in Strasbourg. All three are said to have received blood transfusions. While other reports have indicated the possibility of all seven T-Mobile riders participating, the magazine only mentioned the three German riders.

Klöden's current Team Astana told Cyclingnews that it had no comment. He has previously denied the charges. Kessler, who is serving a two-year suspension for testosterone doping. He tested positive in April 2007 while riding for Team Astana, and has consistently denied any charges of doping.

Sinkewitz subsequently tested positive for testosterone before the Tour de France 2007. He was given only a one-year suspension for cooperating with investigators and now rides for the Czech Continental team PSK Whirlpool.

On June 30, the team suspended Jan Ullrich, Oscar Sevilla and directeur sportif Rudy Pevenage for their alleged involvement in Operación Puerto, which also included illegal blood transfusions.

According to the report, the doctors did not explain to the riders the possible side effects of the doping products. For example, on July 2, when Sinkewitz is said to have driven from the Tour de France to Freiburg, there were problems with the first bag of blood that the doctors attempted to transfuse into him. Schmid allegedly got a second bag, which was also full of clots and did not flow properly.

"Apparently the blood was either bacterially infected or improperly stored," the magazine stated. However, Schmid did not inform Sinkewitz of that, thus acting "especially irresponsible" concerning the "risk of worst complications" such as shock or a lung embolism.

Schmid and Heinrich are said to have falsified medical certificate to obtain doping products. For example, Schmid is supposed to have once falsely diagnosed Sinkewitz with a knee tendon inflammation, solely in order to a give him an official excuse to take cortisone.

When the riders wanted more products, they could just send a text message or e-mail to the doctors, using a code system. For example, EPO was referred to as "Luft" (air).

The Commission concluded that Schmid and Heinrich acted alone at the Clinic. Both doctors were fired by the Clinic in 2007 and are the subject of various investigations.

The magazine reported that the 64-page report was finished on April 16 and should be published "shortly", pending the resolution of open legal questions.

Let me ask one question:

The article mentions that Kessler is serving a two-year ban for testosterone abuse. If the UCI acts on this new report, would he get another suspension for blood doping, or will his current suspension (for something unrelated) clear all previous known and unknown doping offenses?

Cobblestones said:
Let me ask one question:

The article mentions that Kessler is serving a two-year ban for testosterone abuse. If the UCI acts on this new report, would he get another suspension for blood doping, or will his current suspension (for something unrelated) clear all previous known and unknown doping offenses?
You're just going to have to wait for the UCI to shake their magic ball like the rest of us.

magic8ball.jpg

Cobblestones said:
Let me ask one question:

As this predates his first offense I'd say they'd treat this as a seperate case and if found guilty he'd have his second offense and a lifetime ban.

swampy1970 said:
As this predates his first offense I'd say they'd treat this as a seperate case and if found guilty he'd have his second offense and a lifetime ban.
As usual you are full of **** and have no clue what you are talking about. A lifetime ban cannot be applied unless the second offence comes after notification of the first offense. Makes sense if you take a small amount of time to think about it, which you obviously did not. In fact because the second doping offence predates the first one, they are treated as the same offence.

Ricco who tested positive 2 times at different stages should have got a life ban...
Lance too with 6 EPO samples divided by 2 as B samples for the A samples used in 1999 testing (without EPO test)..
;):D