Parbs

aint it funny how some climbers are **** at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)

wots the go with that?

F"good on flats"Dutchman

flyingdutch said:
aint it funny how some climbers are **** at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)

wots the go with that?

F"good on flats"Dutchman

Wouldnt mention Rogers in the same sentence as Armstrong in regards to climbing yet. I hope he has worked on his recovery for the Grand Tours. Needs to minimise his bad days more. Though im not too surprised with the result, i think this is the first year he has really specifically worked on his climbing, plus i read that hes trying to up his cadance so he has something left when the shirt hits the fan at the business end of a race.

By the way, there are strong rumours (apparently it was said on Belgian tv) that he has signed with T Mobile for next year. Dunno whether to be too happy about that, he could join the non-German wasteland of GC riders at T Mobile.

oely said:
Wouldnt mention Rogers in the same sentence as Armstrong in regards to climbing yet. I hope he has worked on his recovery for the Grand Tours. Needs to minimise his bad days more. Though im not too surprised with the result, i think this is the first year he has really specifically worked on his climbing, plus i read that hes trying to up his cadance so he has something left when the shirt hits the fan at the business end of a race.

By the way, there are strong rumours (apparently it was said on Belgian tv) that he has signed with T Mobile for next year. Dunno whether to be too happy about that, he could join the non-German wasteland of GC riders at T Mobile.
well T-Mobilischen have to look to the future and Jan and Erik are getting a little "alt" und sie fanischen mit den sheissen gehitten * gezundheit, ge waffelung, ach dumbkopf* , aber Cadel , ihnen was sehr softern in den Collarbonen für den Bosses- "nichtwah"....:rolleyes:
MR can write his own ticket, why settle for the Teutonic train, head bashing to get a ride with the Führer's menschen when he can embrace the world.....oh if Oz just had some world wide corporate entity with a penchant for cycling fanatacism, there could ride an ozzie team along with the pick of the riders wwith International licences..... , WHO WOULD YOU PICK FROM TODAY'S CROP for a TourdeFrogland team? ( that be a team to supply a rider who could win or top 3 on GC and Green Jersey and KOM )?

would it be -"tell 'm their dream'n"- or "ahhh the serenity"

:D

rooman said:
[...]

Gotta make sense of this post :), you mean a team that could take all jerseys?

Rogers (GC), Evans (KOM), McGee, O´Grady, Cooke, White, McEwen (Green), Crake (only other climber we got) Sutherland. Honourable mention to Davis and Vogels but Sutherland´s TT is a tad stronger plus he can probably climb a bit better too.

Thats a team that could handle itself in the TTT and ITT (Evans if fit is no slouch). Could also give enough mountain support for the GC guy plus you have McGee, one of the best leader outs in the world, who could also stick around for the climbs. McEwen for Green with OGrady and Cooke for the leadout and domestique business. Plus Sutherland, White and Crake for straight out domestique roles.

Speaking of which, Australia´s team for the World Champs will be one of the strongest. Imagine a leadout of McGee, Vogels, OGrady and Cooke for McEwen. He should podium the race no questions asked.

Team "should" look something like (assuming theres 9 to a team) McGee, White, OGrady, Cooke, Davis, Wilson, McEwen, Vogels, Sutherland/Gates.

oely said:
[...]

Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys....

is Mick first reserve or orange slicer?

flyingdutch wrote:

> kanangara Wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
> > :D
> >
> > Parbs

> aint it funny how some climbers are **** at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and
> others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)
>
> wots the go with that?
>
> F"good on flats"Dutchman
>
> --
> flyingdutch

After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
do you think, Absent Husband? :p

Tam (still a Hunter)

rooman said:
Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys....

is Mick first reserve or orange slicer?

heyzoos! 3 sprinters in the same team bus

"you guys ride for me today"

"No, you ride for ME"

"Whatabout me?"

"you guys NEVER go back for the water and food!"

"Right. 11T's at 12 paces fellla..." :rolleyes:

PS what about that ex-mtber who's been doin good in the US recently. good climber

flyingdutch said:
PS what about that ex-mtber who's been doin good in the US recently. good climber

Are you thinking about Trent Lowe? Not an ex-mtber yet, just filling in time between NORBA rounds.

Parbs

kanangara said:
Are you thinking about Trent Lowe? Not an ex-mtber yet, just filling in time between NORBA rounds.

Parbs

no, not the one Im thinkin of, but he'll do! 12somethin on 1/20 is handy!

rooman said:
Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys....

is Mick first reserve or orange slicer?

Actually i half forgot about him. Take out Gates/Sutherland and put him in.

Trent Lowe would be a good chance in years time if he concentrated on the road and raced in Europe. Wonder if he has plans for that. Thought maybe some teams would be interested in him after his Tour Of Georgia. Will Walker will be up there eventually also.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:27 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
wrote:

>After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
>do you think, Absent Husband? :p

you're a triathelete, an ITTer is all you are :)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:07:18 +1000, flyingdutch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>kanangara Wrote:
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
>> :D
>>
>> Parbs

>aint it funny how some climbers are **** at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and
>others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)

Climbing is power:weight, flat ITTing is power:frontal area. *most*
good climbers are low weight, some are very high
power - Ullrich as an example of very high power and relatively
high weight, Mayo as an example of low weight. Armstrong
is somewhere in between. In a pure ITT effort (eg Sydney 2000)
Ullrich is probably faster than Armstrong, but during a grand tour
there's more at play than just a 1 hour effort.

Also, there's two types of climbing - pure ITT and explosive climbing,
sometimes an attacking climber (explosive) can break the resolve of
an ITT-style climber by surging away and then settling back into
a maintainable steady state - Pantani was good at this, maybe
drug-assisted though ... It's also a mental thing, remember last
year's TdF when Basso could go with Lance on the hills, but
got destroyed in the Alp de Huez ITT? That was considerably
influenced by Mayo's mental ability, I think.

Sometimes you can have both, but it's rare, and is usually
confined to GC winners in grand tours :)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:27 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>> After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
>> do you think, Absent Husband? :p

> you're a triathelete, an ITTer is all you are :)

1. a triathlon is not an ITT. for a start, the outfit is all wrong.
2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

Tam

kanangara said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
:D

Parbs

Well it's all over now, with Aitor Gonzalez winning. From the report it sounds like Rogers had a very tough last day, with no teammates to help him. Still, he's looking good for the tour, McGee is going really well as well, even claiming the mountains jersey at one point! Cadel Evans was strong as well but just a little off the pace.

Adam

adam85 said:
Well it's all over now, with Aitor Gonzalez winning. From the report it sounds like Rogers had a very tough last day, with no teammates to help him. Still, he's looking good for the tour, McGee is going really well as well, even claiming the mountains jersey at one point! Cadel Evans was strong as well but just a little off the pace.

Adam

i wonder if in that last hill/group the other ozzies (McGee, evans) 'help' rogers any?
altho sound slik they were a bit off his pace anyhows...

said it last year but this year's TdF is shaping up to be a cracker (as opposed to a procession, which the previous 12, not including the Dane's, have been...)

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
wrote:

>2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
to rub it in people's faces...)

I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

Tam

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:17:13 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Carl Brewer wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

>> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

>er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
>race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
>to rub it in people's faces...)
>
>I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
>up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
>forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

Excellent tactics, come race down here when Stu gets back. He'll
appreciate a good leadout :)

Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:17:13 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Carl Brewer wrote:

> >> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

> >er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
> >race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
> >to rub it in people's faces...)
> >
> >I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> >up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> >forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

> Excellent tactics, come race down here when Stu gets back. He'll
> appreciate a good leadout :)

Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

Tam