Go Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!

On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!

ummm well there's Brighton, and Canterbury, and um she can drive through New Italy on the way down from the land of the peanut...um and Sandringham and Menton(e), um and Tottenham, Croydon, Chelsea, Mont Albert, Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and Beaumaris....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the Belgian Beer café , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of frités.....:)
*loud smack of lips*

rooman wrote:

> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

> > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!
> >
> > --
> > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
> > and
> > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

> ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can drive
> through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...um
> and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-,
> -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and
> Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera
> ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
> imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)
> *loud smack of lips*
>
> --
> rooman

Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
rooman wrote:

> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

> > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!
> >
> > --
> > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
> > and
> > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

> ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can drive
> through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...um
> and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-,
> -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and
> Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera
> ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
> imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)
> *loud smack of lips*
>
> --
> rooman

Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...

Tam
mmmmmmm.....so has Purrrrrrth, & Ad(stone'dcrows)layd, but is Brisvegas' a restaurant with a difference?

The Belgian Beer Cafe,Café Bluestone is on the ground floor of a 19th century bluestone mansion that is home to the Institute for the Blind, and Sunday finds it beer gardens full of cyclists and it actually has a huuuuuuge bike rack.....plus monster oak trees ( hmm.... not too many of dem Yourupeeein trees in Brizzy!), and if you want miss dem militerry types the old Vic Barracks is just up the road, and JLO/DMO may know what they did with that special cami MTB requisitioned for Brisvegas!!

....ach, we both agree Belgium's got distinct attractions.
(for me it's De Konnick Bolleke, Vlaams, and frités).....* more lip smacking*
...Melbs just a bit closer!!

On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
-- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
it for me.

--
TimC
"On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."

On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)

Say, should the next PUBBUG meet at the belgian? We said some time
back that we were due to meet there. And I haven't yet had the
mussels there.

--
TimC
E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
>> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
>> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
>> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
>> frités.....:)

> Say, should the next PUBBUG meet at the belgian? We said some time
> back that we were due to meet there. And I haven't yet had the
> mussels there.
>
> --
> TimC
> E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

they do mussels at your bbc also? hmmmm, ours is on a street corner in the
city, a short stroll from the river...

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
rooman wrote:

> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

> > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!
> >
> > --
> > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
> > and
> > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

> ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can drive
> through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...um
> and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-,
> -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and
> Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera
> ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
> imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)
> *loud smack of lips*
>
> --
> rooman

Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...

Tam

We used to have a Hippy as well!

Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the The Supper Club.

PiledHigher said:
We used to have a Hippy as well!

Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the The Supper Club.
And Beerfest last month!

My most recent lot of mussels was at the BBC in Purrrrrth, made the visit actually worth it!, although I did get paid handsomely for the gig at Subiaco Oval too, (but that's another story!)

Maybe an up-date menu reccy at BBC is in order for lunch tommorrow, just to firmly set the salivators a-buzz, ( I'll take my Italian masseur along after she finishes my shaven legs and says so saucily "cinque" ( oh that is one naughty word...oops , I digress) and hopefully if I keep to task, there will be ample discussion points then to raise at the JunctionOval Pub-bug shareholders meeting on 26th...mmmm "the plan"........post meet, ride across to BBC may work, its just across St Kilda Road too (off the Parisian-esque Boulevarde).....what a day...donation to charity, footy match, good goatage ( IPA IPA IPA), pies, pizza, musica viva, a ride under oaks to frités and mussels with a Leffe or Chimay accompaniment!!

Great suggestion Tim !:)

On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
> to raise at the JunctionOval Pub-bug shareholders meeting on 26th...mmmm
> "the plan"........post meet, ride across to BBC may work, its just
> across St Kilda Road too (off the Parisian-esque Boulevarde).....what a
> day...donation to charity, footy match, good goatage ( IPA IPA IPA),
> pies, pizza, musica viva, a ride under oaks to frités and mussels with
> a Leffe or Chimay accompaniment!!

Gah! It'll have to wait til the 17th jul or after for me! Waaah!
(this sun, I want to do a lysterfield ride, (unless it's raining.
Please let it be raining :), sun after I will be in siderney, sun
after that is a touring weekend. Damn MBTC ride calendars.

--
TimC
The Klein-Gordon equation was derived by Schroedinger.

On 2005-06-20, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>> Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
>> doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...
>>
>> Tam

> We used to have a Hippy as well!
>
> Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the The
> Supper Club.

Up until about a month ago, our *entire* centre used to think that it
was called the "soccer club". Hmmm, I haven't been the gin palace or
the great britain for a while. I wish all the fun people were still
working here.

--
TimC
Disclaimer: Due to feline interference, this post may contain typographical

flyingdutch said:
i wonder if in that last hill/group the other ozzies (McGee, evans) 'help' rogers any?
altho sound slik they were a bit off his pace anyhows...

said it last year but this year's TdF is shaping up to be a cracker (as opposed to a procession, which the previous 12, not including the Dane's, have been...)

Only Horner was really helping Rogers, and i think that was simply coz he had his own goals. Still, Gonzalez did extremely well to stay clear on the downhill. They barely made any inroads into his lead on that descent. Maybe Rogers was watching Ullrich too closely was his downfall. Rogers was impressive throughout though, keeping a cool head, like when final climb he was dropped and was really impressive getting back onto the Horner group.

Rogers didnt get much help at all but other teams did not have many helpers either. You can see why he is wanting to leave Quickstep though. Lefavere (spelling?) is a bit of a ****** at times, saying they cant afford to paying want Rogers wants, no mention of the fact that there is barely any climbing or GC support at Quickstep.

On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
-- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
it for me.

--
TimC
"On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."

There was a female Tour de France just after the mens finished. I think it was about 2 weeks long but hasn´t been run for a few years now. I think.

I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have no idea.

oely wrote:

> TimC Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> > > I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I

> > get
> > > up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind...

> > and
> > > forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

> > A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
> > a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
> > women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
> > -- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
> > it for me.
> >
> > --
> > TimC
> > "On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."

> There was a female Tour de France just after the mens finished. I think
> it was about 2 weeks long but hasn´t been run for a few years now. I
> think.
>
> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
> no idea.
>
> --
> oely

Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
distraction on the crit circuit!

Tam

On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> oely wrote:
>> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
>> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
>> no idea.

> Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
> cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
> distraction on the crit circuit!

So that means that you'll be cycling in the nuddie? Should help you race
to a win over the males (unless there are gay men in the bunch ... hmm.)

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > oely wrote:
> >> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
> >> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
> >> no idea.

> > Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
> > cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
> > distraction on the crit circuit!

> So that means that you'll be cycling in the nuddie? Should help you race
> to a win over the males (unless there are gay men in the bunch ... hmm.)

No, dude, there's few enough of us that I think lycra should do the
trick... so long as I'm already in front. Might have to get a sexier
bike as well...

Tam

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
>> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
>> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

>A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
>a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
>women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports.

I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)

Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> >> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> >> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

> >A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
> >a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
> >women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports.

> I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)

I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...

Tam

(Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)