Goal short lived now frustrated

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Becky, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Becky

    Becky Guest

    Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been 3 weeks since then and I
    have managed to gain each week, I don't know what is wrong with me. I am not doing the matience,
    sicne I was at the high end and still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for
    it. I am not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off track, I haven't been
    drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a week, but don't
    seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after the 6 weeks are up
    I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice. thanks Becky

    Tags:

  2. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hey Becky, chin up! First, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are human, humans are not
    perfect. So you might be a little off track, no biggie since it sounds like you want to find your
    way back. The motivation may have lagged due to the holidays, now may be lagging due to post-holiday
    let down (it is pretty common). Try looking back, or deep inside, and find that switch again. What
    motivated you in the beginning? Where do you want to be, and why? How bad do you want to get there?
    You know the tricks of the trade, so to speak, just have to get back to putting them into practice.
    Up the water, lower the points for a bit. Your snag could very easily be that you just need to
    decrease those points by one or two a day. The flex point system can be a bit challenging within
    maintenance. The way I chose to handle them was to just delete 14 points at the beginning of the
    week - this brought me back to the amount of points that was in my old range (from the old program).
    It was easier for me to deal with, until I got a better grasp on the new program. If I didn't see
    them, I didn't use them.
    <g> Would joining the new challenge help to keep you more focused or lift your motivation? If you
    think it might, then join in. I found them to be a great help for me.

    Hang in there, I know you can do it.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:09:37 -0800, "Becky" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been 3 weeks since then and I
    >have managed to gain each week, I don't know what is wrong with me. I am not doing the matience,
    >sicne I was at the high end and still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for
    >it. I am not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off track, I haven't
    >been drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a week, but
    >don't seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after the 6 weeks
    >are up I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice. thanks Becky

  3. Connie Walsh

    Connie Walsh Guest

    Becky:

    It may be time to get back to basics, Journalling, measuring and weighing, drinking your water and
    paying off the lady at WW.

    COnnie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/210.5/155 RAFL 218/210.5/198.5

    Becky wrote:
    > Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been 3 weeks since then and
    > I have managed to gain each week, I don't know what is wrong with me. I am not doing the matience,
    > sicne I was at the high end and still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for
    > it. I am not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off track, I haven't
    > been drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a week, but
    > don't seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after the 6 weeks
    > are up I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice. thanks Becky

  4. I have no advice for you but just wanted you to know we are all out here
    pulling for you, Lee
    Becky <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been
    3
    > weeks since then and I have managed to gain each week, I don't know what
    is
    > wrong with me. I am not doing the matience, sicne I was at the high end
    and
    > still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for it. I
    am
    > not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off
    track,
    > I haven't been drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a
    > week, but don't seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after
    > the 6 weeks are up I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice.
    > thanks Becky

  5. That you're posting here is a good indication that you haven't completely lost your motivation.
    Perhaps reaching your WW goal set off a mental trigger to relax a bit, despite your desire to lose
    more towards a personal weight goal. Or maybe your body's taking a time out (stalls and plateaus
    and little setbacks are a normal part of weight loss) which unfortunately coincided with your 6-
    week window to go from paying to non-paying membership. Now that the holidays are past, maybe you
    can latch onto the energy of the ubiquitous weight loss messages in the media to help you regain
    your focus.

    I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person in WW history to have to return to basics at the end of
    the 6 weeks. Maybe your leader could confirm that for you?

    Prairie Roots

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:09:37 -0800, "Becky" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been 3 weeks since then and I
    >have managed to gain each week, I don't know what is wrong with me. I am not doing the matience,
    >sicne I was at the high end and still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for
    >it. I am not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off track, I haven't
    >been drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a week, but
    >don't seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after the 6 weeks
    >are up I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice. thanks Becky

  6. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    aww Becky, sorry for your gaining... I hope it all goes better for you. I
    say that this time of year is the worst to try and maintain and reach
    Lifetime... lol I wouldn't worry too much about it. Good luck! :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Becky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Some of you may remember that I wrote the I made my goal, well it has been
    3
    > weeks since then and I have managed to gain each week, I don't know what
    is
    > wrong with me. I am not doing the matience, sicne I was at the high end
    and
    > still wanted to lose some more weight, just didn't want to pay for it. I
    am
    > not having a terrible time. I can't really figure out why I am so off
    track,
    > I haven't been drinking water, mostly decaf coffee, I am still exercising like before 5 -6 times a
    > week, but don't seem to be motivated, what in the heck is wrong with me, How embarssing if after
    > the 6 weeks are up I don't make the goal, has this happened to anyone else? I need some advice.
    > thanks Becky

  7. Becky

    Becky Guest

    THank you all for the words of support, I am hoping that things will go
    better this week. I am back to drinking water, journaling, which I have
    always done, but a little more regular now. Thank you again and Happy New
    YEar to all of you.
    Becky
    news:[email protected]...