GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michelle Guy, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Frood

    Frood Guest

    Great work, Michelle!

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang
    email address to reply

    "Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make goal
    > this week if I was really really really good. And what
    > happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    > down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    > now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    > clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    > spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    > maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    > According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly until
    > I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have been
    > on diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is the
    > first time I have really succeeded in making my goal.
    > Usually I get almost there and think near enough is good
    > enough and then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  2. On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:58:18 +0200, Michelle Guy
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well done!

    Suzie B
    --
    "From the internet connection under the pier"
    Southend, UK

  3. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Thanks Krys, I am enjoying the acknowledgments I get. Have
    enjoyed today without going overboard. Michelle Ozzie in
    Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:29:35 +0100, "krys"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh Michelle - that's wonderful news! Try not to worry too
    >much about the maintenance bit just yet, and focus on
    >enjoying what you've just achieved :) Well done you!

  4. Hi, Michelle, Congratulations on making goal. You did a
    wonderful job. If you are worried about adding points,
    don't add them.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make goal
    > this week if I was really really really good. And what
    > happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    > down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    > now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    > clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    > spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    > maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    > According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly until
    > I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have been
    > on diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is the
    > first time I have really succeeded in making my goal.
    > Usually I get almost there and think near enough is good
    > enough and then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  5. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Congratulations Michelle and welcome to the club :)
    Maintenance does get easier, so long as you don't revert
    back to your old habits. Stick with what you've learnt
    during your weight loss mode and you'll do just fine.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
    notice: http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make goal
    > this week if I was really really really good. And what
    > happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    > down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    > now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    > clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    > spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    > maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    > According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly until
    > I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have been
    > on diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is the
    > first time I have really succeeded in making my goal.
    > Usually I get almost there and think near enough is good
    > enough and then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Just stick with the program - which continues to work and
    you should be able to maintain or even drop a little
    additional as you work out the end values. And remember, as
    your activity raises, add but as it falls lessen the intake.
    There is no absolute point value for a varied life.

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:35:13 +0200, Michelle Guy
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks Fred, Seeing your regular reports has helped me
    >prepare for the fluctuations that come with Maintenance.
    >Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    >WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs
    >
    >On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:23:45 -0700, Fred
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! !
    >>
    >>GOAL - wonderful.
    >>
    >>Yes, Maintenance is a bit of a challenge. Just add a bit
    >>and since it is only 2-3 points, it really is not a lot
    >>more food or calories or points. Just a few nuts or a bit
    >>of olive oil over what you have already been eating is all
    >>it will take. And that is the interesting (avoiding HARD)
    >>part. It is keeping it all in balance and realizing that
    >>(unlike the past) that if you don't want to repeat the
    >>problems, you need to continually moderate your food, all
    >>of the time. You have been eating pretty much normally to
    >>get to this point and now you need to continue to do that.
    >>
    >>Good luck.
    >>
    >>On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:58:18 +0200, Michelle Guy
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make
    >>>goal this week if I was really really really good. And
    >>>what happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    >>>down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    >>>now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    >>>clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    >>>spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    >>>maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    >>>According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly
    >>>until I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have
    >>>been on diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is
    >>>the first time I have really succeeded in making my goal.
    >>>Usually I get almost there and think near enough is good
    >>>enough and then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >>>
    >>>Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >>>
    >>>WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  7. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Whadda Whoosh!! Congrats on making goal!! Good luck on
    maintaining. The clothing allowance method seems to work!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/194.5/155 WNM 193.5/194.5/181.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/194.5/191.5

    Michelle Guy wrote:
    > GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make goal
    > this week if I was really really really good. And what
    > happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    > down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    > now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    > clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    > spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    > maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    > According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly until
    > I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have been
    > on diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is the
    > first time I have really succeeded in making my goal.
    > Usually I get almost there and think near enough is good
    > enough and then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  8. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    WOOHOO Michelle! Huge congrats on reaching your goal, and
    welcome to the new world of maintenance. Now the fun begins.
    <grin> Don't worry about adding those points back into your
    regime to try and hold your weight steady. I know it is a
    scary though, most all of us on maintenance have been
    through it. What I did was add 1 point at a time - the
    thought of more than that was just too dang scary. It takes
    quite some time to find that mystical magical place you want
    to be ... and it will constantly change depending on your
    life, activities or lack of, special events, etc. Enjoy the
    new milestone in your life!

    Joyce

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >GOAL with a whoosh of 3.75lbs YIPPEH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >Well with less than 1 kg to go I figured I could make goal
    >this week if I was really really really good. And what
    >happened, I whooshed right past it. A massive 1.7 kg
    >down(3.75lbs) takes me past my goal of 61kg (134lbs) I am
    >now a mere 60.2kg (132.4) , already working on my winter
    >clothes tolerance ( funny as we are heading into
    >spring).mmmmm Now what happens next? I am worried about
    >maintance, been there down that and failed miserably.
    >According to WW I have to increase what I eat slowly until
    >I find a level that maintains. So here I go, I have been on
    >diet after diet in the last 11 years but this is the first
    >time I have really succeeded in making my goal. Usually I
    >get almost there and think near enough is good enough and
    >then proceed to put the weight back on.
    >
    >Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    >WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

  9. wonderful news, Lee