Goals galore

Nice idea Alex. Mine are (not necessarily in order):

1. Get my FTP to 380 or 4.5 W/kg (360W currently) by April. That would be +10W to my all-time best so it'll be tough. That should also give me 400+ for 20MP and ~390W for 30MP.

2. Gradually mix in L5 training over the winter and get my 5MP to back 470-480 W (currently 440W).

3. Set PB for our 'spring' 50k training TT course. Equipment: mountain bikes, knobbies, fenders, 2 water bottles, cold weather kit. Current best: 1:26:30 or ~35kph. Target 1:23:xx

4. PB on our local 21k TT course and training 40k.

5. Make the light guys suffer on our Thursday evening and Saturday high tempo/hilly group rides. At least in the 2nd half of the rides :)

6. Maintain FTP and 5MP over the season while building CTL and endurance over the early season.

7. Top five TT at my age-group Nationals in July. Survive the road race.

8. Sub 2:10 HIM team relay split in late July.

9. Encourage participation in weekly training TT's. Help local riders/triathletes to get out of the 'long/slow' rut that many seem stuck in.

1. Hit 4.62 W/kg for FT
2. Top 3 - Gunning 2 Day event in early April 07
3. Top 10 - Canberra 2 Day event in late April 07
4. Top 3 - State Masters Road Race sometime later in '07

MY02_STi said:
1. Hit 4.62 W/kg for FT
2. Top 3 - Gunning 2 Day event in early April 07
3. Top 10 - Canberra 2 Day event in late April 07
4. Top 3 - State Masters Road Race sometime later in '07
Cool.

State road race is likely to be Port Macquarie again I think, same as this year which was held on October long weekend. It's a testing course - an 18km hilly loop x # of laps to make up distance requirement for your age category. I have some profile charts if interested.

Don't know the Gunning event (presume they use the old highway).
Canberra Tour is not my kind of terrain.

NomadVW said:
Either way, if you're down in the Hiro area with a bike on hand, drop me a line before hand. We're 30 minutes outside Hiro and we've got a pretty good group ride that goes most Sunday mornings, more so in the spring when the fair weather folk start coming back out. Either way, I'll be glad to take someone else riding any time they come down my way.

Thanks for reading the blog! This week should have a good entry or two. Another century on Thursday and a group ride _should_ go on Saturday. Next week my blogged PMC will update with power curves. Just need to finish the coding for it.
Travelling to Hiroshima come the spring is not out of the question. If I do it, I shall more than likely come down the night before and sleep in the car. (Toyota Estima - plenty of room - TV, Cd player etc.) It would be nice to go out with a bunch of guys on a Sunday ride. The only problem is, I would probably be riding on my own after 5 minutes!:D

Alex Simmons said:
State road race is likely to be Port Macquarie again I think, same as this year which was held on October long weekend. It's a testing course - an 18km hilly loop x # of laps to make up distance requirement for your age category. I have some profile charts if interested.
Thanks, I was going to do it this year (even so far as going up a month before to ride the course) but 'other' things got in the way :(

Alex Simmons said:
.....Don't know the Gunning event (presume they use the old highway)..
The course is the road between Gunning and Breadalbane with a 10k, 3% climb - painful going out but a blast coming back. Single 'lap' on the Sturday (after the 4k TT) and the 2 'laps' on the Sunday

Alex Simmons said:
.....Canberra Tour is not my kind of terrain.
Not really mine either :eek: but that's the purpose of goals ;).....time for LOTS of 3*20's :eek:

MY02_STi said:
The course is the road between Gunning and Breadalbane with a 10k, 3% climb - painful going out but a blast coming back. Single 'lap' on the Sturday (after the 4k TT) and the 2 'laps' on the Sunday
I have the profile for that road too I'm pretty sure, from just over the top of the hill heading north out of Gunning up to the the railway cross over (which is pretty much the top of the climbing section). While I don't have the rest, it's the dead flat section to Bredalbane. They ran the State TTT there in 2004. I have bad memories of that day.:(

Alex Simmons said:
......I have bad memories of that day.:(
Strangely enough, my memories of the course are somewhat different ;) .....4th overall on GC (by 12 seconds :mad: ), and hence the 2007 goal...... but at least I won the final 100km road stage :D :D

275 watts FTP by the time the ski slope crossings melt on the mountain auto road in May.... break previous best by three minutes or more.

Racing:

-Top ten Junior Nationals Time Trial
-Top Twenty Nat'ls road race
-Top Ten at Time trial stage of Tour de l'abitibi
-Win/podium in some Pro/1/2 races
-Help teammates place in Pro/1/2 field sprints
-Win some regional junior races

Based on last year, I think all of these goals are possible, but they will all be difficult. Fitness wise, I really don't know where I can get to this year. In the short term, I'd like to:

-Hit 330 watts at FTP by March.
-Increase AWC to something acceptable.

Already B now Mike.

I got bumped up after a few oldies issued a complaint about the "ring-in burgular" who tried to steal their race.

So 1 year to jump 1 grade seems do-able.

mikesbytes said:
C ==> A ?

11ring said:
Already B now Mike.

I got bumped up after a few oldies issued a complaint about the "ring-in burgular" who tried to steal their race.

So 1 year to jump 1 grade seems do-able.
In the 1/2 C grade race I've completed (flat tyre), they crused around with no one doing anything, I was recovering from being crook and managed to hold onto the back of the pack. I got the feeling that they were just waiting for the final sprint. We shall see in 07 what happens with me in C, perhaps I'll revive the "forcing breakaways" thread.

Hey maybey i should change my login to 11ring-in or 11 ring-ins.

mikesbytes said:
In the 1/2 C grade race I've completed (flat tyre), they crused around with no one doing anything, I was recovering from being crook and managed to hold onto the back of the pack. I got the feeling that they were just waiting for the final sprint. We shall see in 07 what happens with me in C, perhaps I'll revive the "forcing breakaways" thread.