Goals galore

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Alex Simmons, Dec 18, 2006.

1. MY02_STi

MY02_STi New Member

Congratulations.......well done :cool: :cool:

2. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

OK - I've posted the PMC here in a season review post so you can see the end result (and fixed it so click on the pic and it will come up with an enlarged version).

3. islandboy

islandboy New Member

Started (indoor trainer) spinning :D on the 19th of April, Surgeon OK'd road cycling :rolleyes: for the 10th of May, goal 1 accomplished! :)

4. musher

musher New Member

Race results :for April and May

First Omnium st Race april 7/8 masters
    R Race 3 rd place
    circiut 2 nd place :D
    GC 3 place

Stage Race april 21/23 masters
    TT 2 nd place
    R Race 2 nd place:D
    Crit 3 rd plce
    GC 3 rd place

Wenatchee Omnium st race masters
    TT 3 rd place
    Crit w/group
    R Race 1 st place :D
    GC 3 rd pace

Won my first race this year ,i am pleased with my race result's so far.
    My next stage race will be Mt Hood Classic in Oregon the first weekeed of june,like all the other races i will not have any team mates,in this race there are some big team like Discovery channel master team:rolleyes: ,any way ,i will do my very very best:p ,Musher

5. islandboy

islandboy New Member

Well on my way! Todays ride (#8 since surgery) 56 km @ 25 kph average. :D

6. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

1. Barely saw the rollers this winter, no problems there.
    2. FTP still right around 345ish maybe
    3. Weight 75-76kg. On the scale this morning @ 75kg.
    4. 6 days of training per week is the norm.

Race goals:
    1. Kunisaki - 4 hr 34 min, placed 5th ( http://www.cycleiwakuni.com/blog/index.php?id=155 )
    2/3 are late season goals
    4. Have raced 4 other times so far this spring, have 5 races between now and my fall "A" priority races. This racing thing is addictive!

7. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

cool, some nice progress.

8. bikeguy

bikeguy New Member

Since my power goals have been met, now on to some concrete racing goals.

Now that in my first crit I was able to lead the pack around for a few laps instead of sitting in like I've done during all the road races I've done up to now, I plan on winning a race, which doesn't seem unrealistic. An overall goal is to collect enough points in a cup competition (1 win would give me lot's of points) to move into the elite class which would allow me to ride in the Finnish road championships.

My strength is overall solid FTP, hill climbing and sprinting and can ride a long time at a hard but consistent pace, my goal will be to form a breakaway or get into a breakaway well before the finish line is close. My weakness is repeated surges a few kilometers away from the finish combined with placing myself for a final sprint in a large group. I still lack endurance for long road races and become extremely fatigued and will have barely any sprint at the end of 120 km, will have to do long hard training rides to get it.

-bikeguy

9. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Alex, I see you are entered in Saturdays race. Are you racing?

10. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Er, no. Not until I learn to ride a bike again after my injuries heal.

How are everyone's goals going?

I have to set new ones but not sure yet as I don't even know when I'll get back on a bike.

11. islandboy

islandboy New Member

You have me inspired with your new goals, Alex. I am recovering well from surgery and have been working my cycling recovery plan. Yesterday 90 km, today 50. Rest day tomorrow and Saturday is to be my first "metric" since surgery. Thanks again for being a bright light.

12. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Alex, the full news on you only filtered down to me this week, I'm really sorry to hear it. I also heard that you have being formulating some new plans moving forward, once of course you have found a way to get back on the bike. All the best with the new plans, once you have them worked out.

13. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

More next week after testing on my hill climb and a MAP test on Friday. I've got a mental goal of having a MAP closer to 460+ now up from 452 back in February, but who knows. I've dropped some weight so if I'm still in the mid 450's, I can consider it a +up in w/kg.

As a side note, I had a personal goal of running our USMC physical fitness test 3 miles in under 17 minutes and squeezed out a 16min 47sec this week. I only run the two times per year for the fitness tests so I'm pretty stoked about that. (my upper body stuff went WAY down, but I'm good with that :p)

Finally, last year's goal for me was to break 10,000 km in a year. I ended up making that goal in September of last year. Not having a distance goal this year and just working on hours has made those goals pretty meaningless. But it's fun to note that today, June 1st - I pushed over 10,000 km for 2007. Fun, fun fun :)

14. Aussie_Girl87

Aussie_Girl87 New Member

1 Drop body weight
    2 Learn to use gears properly
    3 Ride more than once a week
    4 Ride to work in the summer instead of taking the car

15. existence

existence New Member

1. Pwn Classic1 on a 15m hill climb. :p

16. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

1) This year I am devoting everything to preparing for the Wasatch Front 100, a mountainous trail running race. So I am using cycling mainly to increase fitness and stack on more volume without the stress and injury potential of running. My goal is to do a PR and go under 26 hours.

2) I'd sell my soul to drop my weight to 150 pounds, but I think I will have to shoot for 155.

17. islandboy

islandboy New Member

Woohoo! :D 1 June 107 km 4:06 Rding Time 26 kph 4:21 Total Time 4 Stops (15 min in total :p ). 9 weeks post surgery :p . Alex, thanks for connecting me with Tanya. :) Tanya, thank you showing me recovery was possible. :) :) :)

18. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Wow, that's excellent. :D You're inspiring me now you realise. ;) Suggest dropping Tanya an email, she doesn't hang round the forums much.

19. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

2 out of 3 completed
    - Won a club C grade race at Heffron
    - Sat in the pack in the Sydney road racing championships, even partipated in the attacks. (me in red with blue helmet)
    Here's Ernies photos. http://erniesmithphoto.com.au

Not particually good pictures of me, but the fog is kinda cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sideshow_Bob is getting too quick, that one will be rather challenging.

20. BullGod

BullGod New Member

well fellas - I made my goal for this season already a few weeks ago - breaking into the top 15 in a Cat 1 crit.

Yesterday I went a step firther and achieved my goal for next season by finishing a 90km Elite/1 crit.....I finished last, but i hung in there at the back of the peloton and was still there at the end.

two years ago when I started racing I was getting dropped every time after 10 minutes.....right now I am a protagonist in Cat 1, and can just about hang on in the elites.....

so my revised goals are to podium at Cat 1, and to get a top 20 in the elites....