General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Goat Cheese confusion

Started by King's Crown · · Last activity · 5 posts · 269 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 February 2006
Last activity
1 March 2006
Original author
King's Crown
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
269
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. When a recipe calls for "goat cheese" what exactly am I looking for? Is it
    going to be cheese labeled "goat cheese" or is it called something like
    Queso Cabrero. Am I going to have to just read ingredients as I got though
    the cheese section?

    Lynne

  2. King's Crown said:

    When a recipe calls for "goat cheese" what exactly am I looking for? Is it
    going to be cheese labeled "goat cheese" or is it called something like
    Queso Cabrero. Am I going to have to just read ingredients as I got though
    the cheese section?

    Lynne

    they probably mean chevre, fresh goat cheese with a cream-cheese like
    consistency.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
    disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
    -Baruch Spinoza

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
    and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
    is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams

  3. King's Crown said:

    When a recipe calls for "goat cheese" what exactly am I looking for? Is it
    going to be cheese labeled "goat cheese" or is it called something like
    Queso Cabrero. Am I going to have to just read ingredients as I got though
    the cheese section?

    The default goat cheese is Chevre, usually sold in ~6-12oz logs.
    It's soft, like cream cheese.

    -sw

  4. "King's Crown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When a recipe calls for "goat cheese" what exactly am I looking for? Is
    it going to be cheese labeled "goat cheese" or is it called something like
    Queso Cabrero. Am I going to have to just read ingredients as I got
    though the cheese section?

    Lynne

    Most packages will say "Made from goat's milk" or something of the like, but
    what you're looking for will say Chevre...which is kind of like cream
    cheese, and made from goat's milk. It's sold in logs, and sometimes has
    additional flavoring agents (herbs, cracked pepper, etc) on the outside.

    kimberly

  5. Thank you all for your input. I did indeed find the fresh goat cheese. I
    thought maybe there was a type that one could grate. I'll have to try the
    recipe and see how it goes. It's for a Broccoli Frittata. It's made with 9
    egg whites and light on the cheese I'm thinking it may be Weight Watcher
    friendly. If it is any good I'll post it.

    Lynne

    "King's Crown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When a recipe calls for "goat cheese" what exactly am I looking for? Is
    it going to be cheese labeled "goat cheese" or is it called something like
    Queso Cabrero. Am I going to have to just read ingredients as I got
    though the cheese section?

    Lynne

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.